Clone Wars Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

1. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    It's very possible that some of these previews/clips overlap into the same arc.

If you look at Ryloth for instance, the three episodes of the arc followed three different groups of characters. All were related to the same conflict, but still different.

If the Sifo-Dyas arc is 3-4 episodes and Plo Koon is prominent in at least the first episode in which he finds Sifo-Dyas' lightsaber, that does not mean that Plo Koon is necessarily the main character for the other 2-3 episodes and that the clip with Anakin and Trench does not also take place as part of the same arc (it may or may not).

One thing I'm curious about though is that if the go the route of the Jedi discovering that Sifo-Dyas had been murdered BEFORE ordering the army, and then they also see a clone gun down a Jedi, how did Lucas and Filoni rationalize the Jedi returning to the front lines with clones by the time of ROTS? If they discover Sifo-Dyas was murdered and someone posed as him to order the army and now the clones are breaking down and killing Jedi, you would think that they would full stop bring further use of the clone army into question.

Someone a while back posted a link to an earlier draft of the script in which it is questioned by the Jedi whether a war mongering Senator posed as a Jedi to order the army. I wonder if they will go that route, with Sidious doing something to throw the Jedi off his trail and make it look like a Senator ordered the army and drive further mistrust and disunity between the Jedi and rest of the Republic.
  2. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    Congratulations to the entire team of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on their seven Emmy nominations! Hoping for a full sweep to arrive!
  3. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    Just like anything good, they get those emmy's after the show gets "cancelled."

TCW should of been nominated for voice work and animation a long time ago.
  4. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I completely agree. Better than nothing, though.
    Ani501st likes this.
  5. swcolts1277 Jedi Master

star 2
    Does anyone know why it's for the daytime Emmys?
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    There are so many Emmy awards that I get confused in the end. It is good in any way that the show is getting nominations and I hope wins.

Winnings will attract more attention.
    The Shadow Emperor and Ani501st like this.
  7. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    I suppose that it's for the daytime Emmys because season 5 was aired during daytime and not during the night.
  8. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    That's how I took it.
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    You are right and given I think there are no morning Emmys, these are the best choice.
    Ani501st likes this.
  10. swcolts1277 Jedi Master

star 2
    That does make sense, sorry it was late and I had just typed a paper.
  11. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Yes! Another season six preview! I'm so glad that we're going to get to see a few arcs!

I wonder who's shuttle it was? I saw the name Sifo-Dias two pages back, that'd be awesome to learn more about him. It's cool to see Plo Koon getting the main role for the episode, or even the arc, and the new Clone designs looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see all the arcs!
  12. Cary_the_Brave Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I like how Plo Koon ignores all of Wolffes's analysis until he wants everything sent with them to Coruscant. Indeed a great cliffhanger.
  13. Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I personally liked this plot hole from the start, I never though we needed to know this, I mean, we don't need to know who the bothan spies were from Episode VI. And I also liked it, cause we get to see that things are really a mystery these days, and just like the jedi, we don't know everything (which is what I thing GL intended)

But Now that we are getting it, I'm exited. I'm soo glad to see Plo Koon back, and his new breath mask looks epic!

And the music is also strong, which excites me! I mean, growing up with the clone wars, I've grown to love and recognize TCW's music as pure genuine star wars music. But this, is a great improvement, and one I hope to see continued in the bonus episodes!
  14. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    The lonely and eerie music that played as they journeyed through the storm was great; almost got chills.[/quote]
    Last edited by Nexumaster, May 3, 2013
  15. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    Is Sifo-Dyas in Episode II a plot hole? I thought a "plot hole" was a negative connotation. A "a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot" as wikipedia puts it. Stating that Sifo-Dyas ordered the Clone Army didn't contradict anything - it may have brought up questions for the Jedi that they did not have answers to, but nothing went against the plot or threw a wrench in the story like a plot hole typically does.

If anything, it's an unexplored plot point that can very well have an explanation. Like Han's mention of that "bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell".
    VMeran and Dave Hoffman like this.
  16. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    double post - plz remove or ignore
    Last edited by Darth_Harmon, May 3, 2013
  17. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I actually like Plo Kloon, and I think it would be interesting if he discovered something about Sifo-Dyas, but...geez, Star Wars, we're overdoing the sand a bit here. I'm sure there are some other biomes you could explore, without going to Felucia or Tatooine again.

I also hope Sifo-Dyas isn't still alive. Some retcons I haven't minded, but retconning Labyrinth of Evil would be, well...evil.

The rest of that USA Today article was just cringe-worthy. "Let's talk about how awesome Ahsoka is, how she was so well influenced by both Good!Anakin and The Best of Obi-Wan, and how she left the Order because she was the only Jedi to discover 'the truth' about how corrupt they were." Yeah, yeah, **** that noise. If I wasn't convinced of Ahsoka's awesomeness by watching the damn show, I'm certainly not going to be convinced by being told that I'm supposed to think she's Teh Ultimate Jedi.

I did like that Filoni's primary role will be as an animator in future projects, because the man is damn good at that. I came into TCW in season 2 and one thing that drew me in was the animation.
  18. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    ^ After reading Plo Koon and sand, I suddenly remembered this silly TCW fan parody where Anakin hates Plo and labels him as "a dirty Sand Person." Plo's all, "I'm Kel'Dorian...racist b*******!" Yeah, put a desert cloak on him and he could well come out looking like a Tusken Raider. [face_laugh]
    Last edited by Circular_Logic, May 3, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee and Togruta like this.
  19. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    Wasn't sure if this was translated yet:

[IMG]

It reads:
    Doesn't reveal much, but that "LIMITED SYSTEM FUNCTIONALITY" means they might check the ship's data for flight records, etc
    Last edited by Darth_Harmon, May 3, 2013
  20. iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks for this, I love this amount of detail.
  21. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  22. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    For some reason I thought of the Ebon Hawk from Knights of the Old Republic when Plo entered the cockpit and picked up the lightsaber, but that might be too far fetched. It didn't like the Hawk much from the outside.
  23. VanishingReality Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Wasn't Sifo-Dyas is just an alias for Sidious? I like that idea more than it turning out there really is a Jedi that magically has a very suspicious name and furthers Sidious plans anyway.
    cwustudent likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    No, he was a real Jedi and friends with Dooku.
    darklordoftech, Mia Mesharad and Esg like this.
  25. cwustudent Force Ghost

star 4
    True. But the character's origin was a play on the name Darth Sidious, being "Sido-Dyas" to the Kaminoans. Presumably, the Jedi would eventually connect the dots in ROTS. But with the mountain of content that needed to be shown, the mystery behind the clones' creation was cut in favor of Anakin's fall. I can only imagine the glee Sidious would exude, when he would finally gloat to the Jedi: "Ha, fooled ya! It was me the whole time."
    VanishingReality and Paparazzo like this.