main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm looking forward to this Plo Koon arc. I like him and I like wolfpack. Its awesome there seems to be plenty of clone action coming in the bonus content. Exploring the mystery of Sifo-Dyas and the origin of the clone army sounds like some cool mytho exploration. The animation looks incredible. Stand storms have come quite a ways since 'Legacy of Terror'.

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm glad to see that the official site reads "Star Wars - Episode VII, The Clone Wars, & Games" in the top of the browser window. Strengthens the idea that The Clone Wars, while cancelled, is still alive. At least in terms of finishing up and releasing the final arcs.

KenobiSkywalker and hlc88 like this.
  3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW isn't dead yet!!!

4. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I'd like to think that their statement of "winding down" really is a winding down and not an abrupt end. Perhaps they're farming out work to Disney and Lucasfilm Singapore? I don't think the TF.N leak about only two arcs was correct - I think that might have been what they were working on before being fired, but the work continued. I think Filoni was, and is, still actively pushing for content to be completed and the higher ups are giving him their approvals/disapprovals. During the RFR interview, I got the feeling that Dave was at the time pushing for approvals, etc. He made some comment in reference to Jimmy Mac requesting something and Filoni was like "I don't know if they'll give me the budget for that" or something...

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like to think that too.

That is in the last one, right?

As far as I am concerned Filoni is trying what he can to make this content come out and be finished. After all, this is something he created and like a person in the position, he wouldn't want it to be unfinished and left in the middle of nowhere.
    Plus, he is a fan and he knows what TCW fans want and that there should be more of TCW.

And I agree and also get the feeling that the whole mess we have on our hands is cause of the people above Filoni, including Kathleen Kennedy - somebody I think who has proven to be quite the heartless businesswoman.

I mean which person answer a fan letter about and only about TCW with a "You love this show, GOOD... we are giving you something totally different." - that is a reply from a person, who does not care in the slightest.

I am really hoping it is THE PLO KOON arc and not just Plo in the start and then we go on with the regular boring cast. It has to be about Plo, it just has to be. My heart will leap with joy if it is. I mean wouldn't Filoni want one of his last TCW things he does to be a Plo Koon arc - I mean a Plo Koon episode was one of the first he did in the show.

Maybe the show is going back to the roots of the series - Clovis, Trench, Fives, Yoda arc, Plo Koon... AWESOME!!!!!

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    From the USA Today article that announced the Plo Koon/Sifo Dyas arc, there was the implication that some of the stuff in various forms of production would get to be finished by Filoni and whatever team he has left over there. To me it was positive that they weren't just dropping it all due to the layoffs, but rather that they had some folks still there able to keep working on at least some of the episodes. Which is a lot better than what was reported previously. Here are the actual quotes from the article:

But it's not done yet: Supervising director Dave Filoni is heading up the completion of a few story arcs that were slated for production before Lucasfilm announced in March that it was taking its animation slate in a new direction following its purchase by Disney.

"It's bittersweet in some ways for the members of the team but we're all pretty excited about what we have coming back," he says. "They are easily some of the best things we were able to do, and I think we're all glad we were able to finish them."

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  7. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I just want the bounty hunters arc!

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That too! That would rock!

GIVE ME SEPARATISTS GALORE AND I AM HAPPY!!!!!

9. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Fixed that for you.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking about that one too. This is the one where I saw a pic of one of the LFA team members working on that episode just before the exodus. I'm thinking it will get finished since it was already in production and not just concept or very early stage.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Thank you! NOW it is a perfect post!

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Don't forget Matt Michnovetz's arc!

Seerow likes this.
  13. VMeran

VMeran Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    What is dead may never die! :p

It's exciting that we're getting at least a couple of really good-looking arcs, but I still want an arc to connect with the Battle of Coruscant A.K.A. the beginning of ROTS. :(

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's your battle of Coruscant. :p With Anakin and Obi-Wan on Nelvaan mixed in.

15. VMeran

VMeran Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012

In TCW's style of animation, I meant. ;)

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just wanna see Embo snowboarding down a mountain on his god damn hat!

17. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm totally cool with the old Clone Wars series serving as the ROTS tie-in. I mean, I see chapters 1-21 as the prelude to "Cat and Mouse", so chapters 22-25 work as a transition to the films, regardless of the animation style.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I take the microseries as a hyper-exaggerated telling of events.

Yoda can use the Force to push droids back into their ship and make ships crash into each other, but he does nothing on Kashyyyk aside from oversee the battle?

Mace - without lightsaber - can own hundreds of droids, yet he plus 15 or so other Jedi - armed with lightsabers - are doomed when surrounded by droids in the Geonosis arena (until Yoda shows up)?

Grievous is a bit different since he was introduced in this hyper-exaggerated story, so it's hard to say how far his powers should be scaled back. Nobody likely would have guessed that he would have been as incompetent as depicted in TCW, but it is what it is.

I can accept that Yoda fought bravely in the defense of Coruscant to great effect, but that he and Mace were not single handedly doing all the feats depicted in the microseries.
    I can accept that Mace defeated a Separatist force on Dantooine, but that he either did so using stealth to take out the super weapon, or that he did so with Clones backing him up.
    I can accept that Grievous got the better of Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti, etc. but that perhaps he had the support of several magna guards and/or battle droids that assisted him and flanked the Jedi when he had them distracted.

I accept the battles and outcomes of what is depicted in the microseries, but to say they happen exactly as depicted just doesn't jive with the rest of the Star Wars universe that I know IMO. I would have liked to see a more true to film depiction of those events in the comics or novels, rather than referencing the microseries as the "true" lead in to ROTS and for things such as Grievous' introduction, since what else we've seen on screen in both ROTS and TCW would suggest that he's incapable of that level of prowess in personal combat.

19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I absolutely agree with you on those points, TaradosGon. The microseries' depiction of events doesn't jive well with what we see Force users doing in the films and (most of) the novels and comics. Mace Windu single-handedly taking out the droid forces and seismic tank at Dantooine was probably a result of subterfuge and clone backup rather than him going all super saiyan. I suppose it's certainly possible for Grievous to defeat all those Jedi at Hypori when you consider he was combat-fresh while all of his opponents were fatigued, fearful or injured (the Republic forces were completely decimated before the duel until the ARC team arrived). Plus, they had never faced an opponent like Grievous before and didn't know what to expect. Grievous also performs some feats (like grasping lightsabers with his feet and levitating thanks to magnetic thrusters on his feet in LoE) that he never demonstrates in either RotS or TCW.

As fun as the microseries depiction of the raid on Coruscant was, I prefer the events shown in Labyrinth of Evil. I believe K'Kruhk mentioned in another thread that LoE take precedence over the microseries? I'm not too sure myself, since both are considered C-canon, but it's worth noting that many events are depicted differently in both versions. For example, LoE doesn't have Mace using Force Crush on Grievous' chest, and in fact the two only met briefly when they sparred atop a maglev train en route to Palpatine's bunker. And TCW seems to show that Grievous already had his cough long before RotS, suggesting that whole Force Crush scene may be retconned (though it may never have existed since it wasn't present in LoE anyway).

All in all, I think I would love to see an animated version of the second half of LoE, so that we can get a T-canon depiction of the events in a style more realistic to TCW and the films, while showing General Grievous to be a truly threatening foe similar to how he was depicted in the microseries but not as over-the-top. Show him slaughtering multiple Jedi Knights (and Master B'ink Utrila) without breaking a sweat (can he even sweat anymore?), then later killing Pablo Jill on the Invisible Hand and jettisoning his body out the airlock, to top things off. That would be a wonderful compromise between the Grievous from Genndy's series and TCW.

cwustudent and VMeran like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey, when the council was going to decide Ashoka's fate before the trail was anyone hoping they would do a Jedi Mind Meld since Obama had mentioned that few days before? (Thus meaning that POTUS was actually a huge TCW geek and did not misspeak) Or maybe they decided to let her back in through the aforementioned Jedi Mind Meld.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Coming up tonight on Fox News we look at the Obama administration's taking no action on the fate of Ahsoka Tano. The Jedi Council concludes Ahsoka is a murderer on the words of a man with a face like an vulture and surrenders her for trial so she quits. Fair and balanced!

That's kinda how I see the Microseries. I tend to think of the Microseries as being like the battle legends of the clone wars such as Mace's epic battle on Dantoonie told through the eyes of the child that watch it rather than the chronicles of The Clone Wars. That's a cool narrative actually. The later actually exploring the mythology and the characters. That doesn't mean to me the Microseries didn't take place, those stories did. Its does all fit together, I just ignore the grandness of spectacles like Mace's battle on Dantoonie. Personally I'd have let the Microseries lead in to ROTS and like TCW to show a different set of events leading into ROTS if overlap had occurred. I gotta be cool the former now.

22. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    I begin to believe that Disney just cancelled TCW because of marketing. With the new show Disney will have full control over the Marketing. I think it will be a dark times era show. I would like it. I think there is potencial to show a more mature version of TCW. No more funny droids will help a lot to achieve this. The new Show should focus on the fates of the beloved TCW characters and show us how vader brings "Peace and Justice" to "his empire.." like he promises in ROTS. :cool:

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It wouldn't surprise me if that happened, sadly.

As far as Disney, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to move on to a show that is fully "theirs". I've been saying I'd enjoy a Dark Times show if it's done right, and IIRC Lucas has not wanted EU writers to touch that era.

I want the further adventures of Asajj Ventress with a side of Cad Bane, and of course Vader at his most fearsome.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Speaking of which, why does Embo's hat repel blaster fire? Is it made of beskar or something?

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It's Captain America's shield with a new paint job.