main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Son, the "let's see you do better," argument tactic is EXACTLY the kind of, "point," apologists use in lieu of addressing the points raised. It's a sign of a weak argument. For instance, many here (including myself) have said the show should have featured more secondary characters throughout the series. You're responce was, "LOL you don't make tv shows." No one here claimed they did, so what point are you trying to make here apart from embarrassing yourself?

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    First off, I'm not your son. You could only be so lucky. So by repeatedly calling me an apologist, you are claiming that it is controversial to support the Clone Wars? You have a bass ackwards way of being a fan of the franchise, genius. Then, and I've no clue why, you keep quoting me as saying "LOL you don't make tv shows." Pretty sure I never said anything of the sort. Why do you keep adding the "LOL?" Are you secretly in love with laughing out loud? The point I am trying to make is this:

3. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Which is pretty much my point. You ARE saying, "LOL like U could do better!" You're just wording it differently, but we both know what you meant, so stop trying to lawyer your way out of this and just own up to your words. Also, stop getting so emotional just because you were deconstructed accurately.

And why do I have a backwards way of being a fan of the franchise if I like some parts of it more than others? I like the OT, parts of the EU, CW, and PARTS of TCW. That's a pretty damn common opinion, though I'm not sure why it matters to you.

Oh, and thank you for calling me a genius. Eh, I do alright . . .

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Now listen here Son, what is going on? Again with the "LOL?" What's your deal man? I'm not lawyering out of what I've said. Hence I keep quoting it to reiterate what I said. Explain to me how I am emotional? Is it because you are in fact emotional and projecting your feelings onto me? Nothing about your comments are accurate my friend.

I should ask what references you have to support your claim that your ideas are a "pretty damn common opinion."

The "genius" was used in a sarcastic and derogatory manner, but if it makes you feel better, than take it as a compliment. This is just another example of YOU inferring things incorrectly. Which is why you took offense to my original statement and replied in such an emotional manner.

5. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Harping on me using, "lol," a lot in my paraphrasing what you call arguments . . . Deflecting debating tactic in order to do . . . I don't know what your point here is actually. You're the one who seems fixated.

Saying that I'M the one being emotional here and am projecting . . . Another deflection tactic. This time in the form of, "no u."

Asking me to cite sources for my opinion ... I shouldn't be responding to this childish nonsense, but ... Look around these forums? There are many people here who like only some parts of Star Wars. Some like most or even all of it. I really don't get what point you're trying to make. If you're even making one at all and are instead getting all emotional.

Here's the thing. You were accurately deconstructed. You didn't like what I said and are now trying to do the same to me. Except you're not insightful enough or you're too emotional to think clearly. I'm not sure which.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, enough.

8. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    So anyone else buy the complete series set on Blu ray? I did. Beginning to wonder if WB sabotaged the release because they were pissed about having TCW yanked from their lineup. Just hoping Amazon does me right. Was that enough of a subject change?

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Not yet. I started watching the series Chronologically with our very own DLT but never got every far with it. Seeing the show in order isn't a big deal to me anyways. I got a great amount of joy just piecing it together in my head.

10. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I've watched everything chronologically and only really noticed the benefits with - Cat & Mouse/The Hidden Enemy/The Clone Wars Movie - Evil Plans/Hostage Crisis/Hunt For Ziro and - Heroes On Both Sides/Pursuit Of Peace/Senate Murders. I usually watched 3 or 4 episodes in each sitting so seeing these episodes as arcs felt more natural than in their original broadcast order.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah those "arcs" had episodes that aired not only out of order but often in different seasons.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've thought about doing that. Some of those episodes felt really jarring and I want to see how much difference it makes to watch them in the correct order. Cat and Mouse really stands out--when I watched it in broadcast order, without knowing the time frame, I couldn't figure out what the hell they were doing back on Christophsis.

13. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    It didn't really improve some of those episodes watching them the "correct" way but I found it all plays better, for example, Slick bombing the armoury in The Hidden Enemy, an episode I enjoyed anyway, leads to the trouble the group find themselves in on Christophsis at the beginning of the movie, not to mention seeing Ventress boarding the ship that is used to kidnap Rotta and Whorm Loathsum signalling the Battle Droids from his AAT to advance on the enemy before we then meet him in the movie.

Evil Plans could not be improved by any viewing order. Watching that episode again... it just...I'm semi-speechless.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked it. I'm one of few who did.

15. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Maybe I'm just not a Droid fan then, or anything with Jar Jar, because Evil Plans, Nomad Droids and Secret Weapons, etc. were TCW's low points IMHO. I wanted to like them but couldn't, maybe you can give me a new perspective on them, what did you enjoy about them?

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The episode where Cad Bane captures R2 and C-3PO to blow up the Senate but lets them go boggles the mind. The 2 parter with R2 and C-3PO in season 4 was awesome. Can't say anything for season 5.

17. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Count me among the few. ANY Cad Bane episode is a good episode IMO.

18. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Jogan Fruit or Poison Snapples, why did food always lead to bad episodes on TCW.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I like R2 and 3PO, although I wouldn't consider myself a "droid fan" per se.

I also like "A/P in happy times" scenes; I liked the scenes with Padme being all frantic over the dinner party and Anakin calming her down. The scene in which 3PO screwed up and Padme said "Please handle this" made me think of how they might have parented the twins if Anakin hadn't been a dumbass in ROTS. R2 going to a droid spa cracked me up, and then Padme praising 3PO while R2 and Anakin got exasperated was even funnier.

The episode amused me.

20. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    To each His/Her own I guess, I loved "The Box" because it reminded me of the film "Cube" and not everyone loves that episode.
    [​IMG]

21. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Hadn't thought of the "parenting" angle before. Interesting.

22. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    If I had to guess...I would say that I've probably watched the Sidious vs. Maul/ Savage battle at least 15 times. :p Incredible.

[​IMG]

23. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    What a rookie:p , I've watched that fight, Maul Vs Vizsla and Obi Vs The Brothers at least 50 times each. Before I bought the Blu-ray I had these episodes downloaded to my PS3 and it shows how many times you've viewed things. These were watched at regular speed, slowed down and frame-by-frame, I couldn't get enough. I prefer the Obi fight, I just love his tactics against the Bros, keeping them separated with his wild kicks and saber swings. He's not the most powerful Jedi but he beats guys like Maul and Anakin by using his head.

24. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [face_rofl]

Thanks for that.

25. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    The sad part is... I'm not joking.

Mzukiller and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.