main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Those people don't know or appreciate the awesome behind her voice.

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    She does overdo that voice. "Sa-vaaaaage Ohhhpressss.."

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I totally agree,"Darkness on Umbara" and "The General" played over a my Logitech Z2300s brought like 10 people into the room to watch. One Person borrowed all my blu-Ray sets that night.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Cause she crazy.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked her until she sent Ventress away.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well she had no choice since everyone got massacred .

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Which was her own fault to begin with.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And she most certainly did have a choice. Try blaming the person who actually committed the massacre, which wasn't Ventress.

10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    From an artistic and design perspective I thought she was one of the most visually striking characters on the show.

11. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    @anakinfansince 1983: Thank you for replying sincerely. There are some on this forum who could take a cue from you.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

You're welcome

14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    In some ways, I was surprised that the show was as popular as it was among the general public, being that since its inception everyone knew that the Clone War itself was a charade, and thus the outcome of whatever dilemma each episode focused on resolving was more or less sort of a moot point, within the context of the already completed six film saga.

Even without the pending bonus material: 5 seasons, 108 episodes, each around 20 min, makes for 36+ hours, probably roughly almost 3X the duration of the 6 movies combined, that's quite a wealth of content we were given to cover such a small time period within the existing saga!

I believe I have watched them all, at least twice. :p

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

The Clone Wars in general as a time period was especially appealing post-2002/pre-2005, since the EU at the time was covering the war and we were waiting to see its conclusion in ROTS. The microseries was awesome. To go back to that era post-ROTS was just a huuuuge let down, IMO. It was already covered, on TV no less, and as we saw in the films the war was, as you say, a large charade, so nothing mattered. A lot of people loved Landing at Point Rain, but personally I didn't care for that, or any other arc that principally hinged on a battle for its plot, since the battles don't matter. No matter how many victories the Jedi win, they are no closer to winning the war, since Palpatine's got Order 66 as his trump card.

Arcs that either showed us something completely new, introduced new concepts, or answer lingering questions were the most appealing, but in a show called THE CLONE WARS, you would think that the war needed to be front and center, yet when it was, I wasn't particularly interested.

They pretty much could have made a show set in any other time period and made a show with greater weight. Even had they taken the plot of the Plagueis novel and stretched it into a show intertwined with the tales of Qui-Gon and young Obi-Wan and ending immediately pre-TPM or running concurrently with TPM in its finale, it would have been immensely better IMO than a show about a war whose outcome is predetermined.

The best thing that TCW could have done IMO - which after 5 seasons it still never did - would have been to show the Jedi as coming close to discovering Palpatine is a Sith or thwarting Palpatine's plans. They could have brought Palpatine down off his untouchable pedestal and showed him as some guy that, while brilliant, was still scrapping by at times to stay one step ahead of the Jedi and maintain power. We still would have known the outcome due to ROTS, but it would at least show that the Jedi were not clearly outplayed from beginning to end.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

I was surprised TCW never did this, since the EU jumped on the prospect almost immediately back with Labyrinth of Evil. TCW often gives the impression that the Jedi are fighting the war on a day-by-day basis, never conceiving of some means of devising an ending. There's not much planning involved; the Separatists strike, the Jedi respond like some sort of autonomous knee-jerk reaction. It's as if they forgot about the overarching Sith threat.

17. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    podjazd and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The Clone Wars shouldn't even be in that poll. It ain't a kiddie show. Kiddie shows don't have people getting burned down with flamethrowers.

The problem is it's animated. For some reason there's a "brain bug" as Mike Wong would have called it, in the American psyche that equates animated productions with shows made for children. If a show is animated, it will be automatically viewed as "a kids show" regardless of content.

You'd think years of South Park and Family Guy would have broken that mental wall, but apparently not.

19. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    South Park and Family Guy, along with other animated comedies like Futurama, The Simpsons and Robot Chicken are in the "Adult" animation section. Maybe if the Droid arc had actually been funny TCW would have qualified.:p

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait, wait, if the Droid Arc was funny, it would qualify for the Adult section, wow interesting [face_thinking][face_laugh]

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This! Seriously, imagine if Walking Dead were an animated series instead of live action show? I also loathe the lack of genres being recognized in American animation. I could live with TCW being beaten by Korra and Young Justice (and where the hell is Transformers Prime in the poll?), but its insulting to see all three of these action cartoons in a poll with damn Adventure Time and Regular Show. Those are Ren and Stimpy type primetime comedies and My Little Pony is a Powerpull Girls type kiddie comedies. These should be separate polls.

23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Eh, I don't see what's "insulting" about different genres being polled together for "Best Animated Series". It sounds like some people just think certain shows are beneath the stuff they like. If Dora the Explorer was in the same category maybe, but I don't see anything wrong with these choices. They show variety.

24. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    This reminds me of when Bronies got all butthurt when Transformers Prime won an Emmy whereas My Little Pony didn't even get a nomination. Calling MLP the, "objectively better show," and the like.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Yeah but bronies are a joke. Grown men spooging over a show made for little girls. They're like, the laughing stock of the internet, just by way of existing.

The Clone Wars isn't even in the same ballpark, it ain't in the same league, it ain't even the same sport. And it shouldn't be in a poll for "best kid show".

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.