main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    By some time around the midpoint of the war, Tarkin is shown to have taken an officer commission in the Republic military, acting first as a shipboard Captain on a Venator-class cruiser under Jedi Master Even Piell. By 20 BBY, Tarkin had been promoted to Admiral, and later, when the Sector Governance Decree was passed in 19 BBY, Tarkin was elevated yet again, this time to the position of Moff.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you. Sorry about the double post the board was lagging when I tried to post originally.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I dunno, can you?

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Is Tano ever explained? I never got how Anakin could have an apprentice.

Mzukiller likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't even remember if Lucas or Filoni explained that at all.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Not very well... mostly in the sense of "Yoda thought it would be good for him."

Another thing that's gone long unexplained (correct me if I'm wrong) is whatever became of Obi-Wan's request to the Council for a new apprentice.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    May I have Dooku and Tarkin's arcs/episodes please? I want to see if the show actually adds anything of merit to Lee and Cushing's characters. It's kind of funny that they seem to suggest Lee is older too. :p But, alas, the younger was cast as older and that's not new. I will find it hard to adjust to different voices as the characters I know though. I usually prefer the originals.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yoda said in TCW movie that Anakin getting an apprentice would teach him to let go of people, since he would eventually have to let her go.

Nope, Yoda, that couldn't backfire at all.

Mzukiller and SithStarSlayer like this.
  9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I blinked when it happened. And I missed it.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Didn't it already with his Mum and wife? :p Thanks, it's been awhile since the movie and I never got much into the series the first time. Tano rubs me the wrong way but I am curious about my elder characters as mentioned above. I am considering renting their eps if I can get a bit of help identifying them.

Also what is the deal with Mortis? Did they actually create Force Gods or something? If so, I have a hunch I'll think they approached it wrong. I have no problem with a god being in SW, I prefer it but the whole Mortis thing has me utterly confounded.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Somebody who actually liked Mortis should probably add in here but it seems that the writers were trying to embody the Force into the Father, the Son and the Daughter and test Anakin to see if he is worthy of the "Chosen One" label.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    And he was worthy :p

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ugh, I don't know.

My opinion of that arc has been stated already though.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    You can't fault Yoda for trying. Anakin did need to settle down. It didn't hurt him to have a project to keep him occupied. Fortunately for us, we had a few episodes throughout the series without Ahsoka (my favorite being Mandalore S2), including the bonus content(!), so Anakin can be a maverick for a while. That's my favorite Anakin. ;) Hopefully Ahsoka isn't anywhere near the Clovis arc. Perhaps that's why they saved it for the bonus content? So exciting!
    The M-word. I sense opinions forming...

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe Ahsoka was a part of the Clovis Arc and that's why they removed it from S5?

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well, I don't understand the arc and am trying to decide if I bother rewatching and completing it. Yes, he certainly did need to settle but I rather thought the point was he never did. He always rather operated like he was above everyone and knew better which he clearly didn't. And it's precisely his maverickness that makes me shake my head that they entrusted an apprentice to him. He's a brash one. At least Dooku and Qui-Gon used reason and experience as a base to oppose the Order. To me, Anakin was always selfish and far too possessive.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She was nowhere in the previews.

I hope she wasn't part of it, that's the arc I've been looking forward to since, oh, August of 2012.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It might have been smarter if they hadn't given Anakin an apprentice that was so like him.

Anakin was a hawkish hothead who was quick to try solving any problem by sticking a lightsaber in it, applying a heavy dose of violent telekinesis, or just breaking out some high explosives and blowing **** up.

They gave him for a padawan, Ahsoka - a hawkish young hothead who was quick to try solving any problem by sticking a lightsaber in it, applying a heavy dose of violent telekinesis, or just breaking out some high explosives and blowing **** up.

The result was that they sort of fed into eachother. Instead of forming a proper Master-Apprentice relationship that would result in both of them learning restraint or patience etc, they quickly became more like brother and sister and went around winging it together like a couple of cowboys with laser swords. Which was fun to watch and all, but it probably wasn't how an ideal Jedi "should" develop.

If a really reserved, prim and proper padawan like, oh... Barriss Offee had been given to the laconic, gung ho Anakin, while Ahsoka had been delivered to the serene, patient and meditative Luminara, it might have worked out better for everyone.

Then again, "worked out better for everyone" is relative. Anakin still might have gone to the dark side, and Palps was still trolling the galaxy towards the creation of his Empire no matter what, Order 66 was still going to be coming down the pike at some point.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well she wasn't like him when she was introduced but his influence basically made her like him:p

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually I thought she was like him when she was introduced. That's why I enjoyed her so much. I imagined Obi-Wan snickering and thinking "payback is such a *****." And the hawkish hothead duo going around sticking lightsabers into people they didn't like, throwing **** around with the Force and blowing **** up? So much fun that I was able to overlook the Artooeys.

Among other reasons, I stopped liking Ahsoka in latter seasons because she became Luminara Jr. Plus that development made no sense given that she was trained by the brash hothead Anakin. And I love those traits in him, especially in the show. "What? He was going to blow up the ship!" [face_laugh]

I could see the movie/season 1 personality match as an attempt to get Anakin to mature by giving him a dose of his own medicine. Not that it would work but I can see the thought process. And Ahsoka would protest if Anakin tried to leave her on a planet somewhere after he got annoyed. Barriss from The Approaching Storm would have just said, "My master must think I can do more good here."

21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    anakinfansince1983

Well part of that may be the result of how they tried separating them more in later seasons to show the supposed growth or rising ability for independent functioning of Ahsoka. She was off doing stuff with Padme, running after Boba and Aurra Sing, with Padme again, with Lux, kidnapped by the Trandoshans, Padme and Lux again and the Death Watch, off to do the Green Beret thing on Onderon, babysitting the younglings... it meant there was a major lack of old style Butch Skywalker and the Shili Kid eps.

Some of the old brother-and-sister, peas in a pod, back-to-back-badasses complimentary dynamic was showcased again right at the end, at the start of Sabotage during the running space-to-atmosphere starfighter battle at Cato Neimoidia. Of course then whatshisface back on Coruscant went kablooey in the temple, and everything went to hell.

It appeared a few other times in the later seasons. When Anakin was on his blood fueled revenge hunt for Rako Hardeen he barged into a bar on Nal Hutta like Dirty Harry, with Ahsoka at his side, smashed stuff all over the place with the Force and then walked up and the two of them interrogated the barman. Ahsoka said something to the barman and he gave her a snide remark, at which point Anakin just raised his hand and started Force-choking him. And Ahsoka stood there with an expression on her face kinda like John Connor in T2 when the Terminator grabs the guy in the parking lot. "Now who's the dip**** you jock douche bag?" Yup. They were rollin hard the two of them and Force help anyone who got in their way. I liked that. The best Anakin&Ahsoka moment actually of that whole arc IMHO was when Anakin was down and Cad Bane was about to execute him, and out of nowhere Ahsoka drops in from above and stands over his body and looks at the two bounty hunters murderously, double dog daring them to try something. It reminded me strongly of Eowyn protecting Theoden from the Witch King in RoTK. "I will kill you if you touch him!" Tvtropes.org would call it a "Crowning moment of awesome".

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, and I really wish that dynamic had remained constant as opposed to their going for the "independent growth for Ahsoka" angle.

Mzukiller likes this.
  23. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Giving Anakin an apprentice was a horrible idea. And to completely honest, I feel Ahsoka was the real adult/master in that relationship. Seeing as how Anakin is mostly an immature putz, or at least my preferred version of Anakin is.

Star Wars already has gods, those what were they? Architects? Builders? God I think is a character at one point, I'll check wookieepedia after I submit this.

But uh, yes I think they were going for a Holy Trinity thing with the Force there.

24. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I get the impression that the partial reason for the Mortis Trilogy was to clarify for people that Anakin is infact the Chosen One. You may think that wasn't necessary, but you'd be surprised at how many people still insist that the Jedi were wrong and that Luke was the true Chosen One.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Probably so.

Of course my response to "Who is the real Chosen One?" has always been "Who cares?"