Clone Wars Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Makes sense as once of the coolest things about Savage is how primal he was with using the force. He used it brutally, instinctual, and with seemingly little thought like any animal uses tooth and claw to defined itself and to savage a rival.
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    The thing that sticks in my mind is the time he continued Force-choking a guy even while Anakin and Obi-Wan dogpiled him to the ground. That's some ridiculous armor-plated focus.
    Contessa likes this.
  3. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    In addition to what @Mia Mesharad said, Mother Talzin's manifesto Wild Power (from Book of Sith) describes the process by which a Nightbrother warrior is transformed:
    I recommend reading Wild Power for anyone who is curious about learning more about Mother Talzin's coven of Nightsisters from TCW. It describes in greater detail and background the various magicks and trials seen in the episodes of the Nightsisters arc.
  4. Mia Mesharad Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd actually started to quote that section from Wild Power, but decided against it for just a brief question-answering summary instead. Thanks for posting it. :)

Completely agreed. If you enjoyed the Nightsisters from either TCW or beyond, Wild Power is an excellent read with a ton of interesting information on their culture, rituals, and powers.
  5. adamclark83 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    What I don't understand is if season 6 was going to be the last season of the series, why didn't Disney just let them finish it? This is exactly what happened when they bought Marvel. As soon as they bought it, Earth's Mightiest Heroes got cancelled with production beginning on a new show.

What would've happened if George said "You're not cancelling this show. It's got one more season then it's finished."
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 6
    George would have kept his franchise and lost four billion dollars.
  7. Jedirush2112 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    New Clip and Confirmation of TCW on Net Flicks on March 7th:

Last edited by Jedirush2112, Feb 14, 2014
    Dra--- and InterestingLurker like this.
  8. WampaSwamp Jedi Master

I think that's because it wasn't the last season. I'm almost certain that 7th or 8th season would have been the last with the finale being Palpatine's capture.
  9. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IIRC, Netflix Canada isn't always the greatest quality. I'll watch on Netflix US. At least for the lazy out there like me, it will be convenient and nice that I can go through all 6 seasons whenever I feel like it.

There was discussion when the Disney/SW deal was announced (or maybe later, I can't remember) that Disney may look at bringing SW shows direct to Netflix. This might be the first step in that direction.
  11. iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master

star 1

How do you pick between Netflix Canada or US? I thought you can only use the one for your country?
  12. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Stupid Disney, having to make us pay for Netflix just to watch the new episodes of TCW.
    Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 6
    Um, seriously? As opposed to making us pay much more per month for cable so we can watch it on Disney XD?

That channel is on the second or third tier where I live, so we're talking somewhere between 75 and 100 dollars a month. I may have to subscribe if Rebels isn't available in any other format but it will piss me off.

You can get a Netflix free trial for a month and then cancel. Much easier and more economical..
  14. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    Rebels will probably go on Netflix season, by season.
    When season one finishes, it will go to Netflix and so on.

That's what they're doing with other Disney XD shows.
  15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Yea, where I'm at - the 1st tier HD package includes it (which I won't pay for cable unless its HD - no point otherwise, IMO)...But even though its the first tier, its still 100 bucks added on to my internet cost which is already 75 bucks...If I'm paying 75 bucks for internet/month...its a lot more economical to pay 8 more = 83 bucks/month than to pay 175/month...I'm much happier with a Netflix release instead of DisneyXD...
    Last edited by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Feb 15, 2014
    EHT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  16. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    The 6th wasn't the final, it is safe to presume we were going to get at least 7 seasons with the last season focusing on the Outer rim Sieges and getting closer to the battle of Corsucant, whether we would of seen the battle is anyone's guess.
  17. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    As others have said, Season 6 would not have been the final season, and from what Filoni said early on in the announcement of the Bonus Content, it seemed like these arcs were chosen because they tackle concepts from the movies/tie in to the movies.

The deal with Sifo-Dyas was never concluded in ROTS like Lucas said he planned in the AOTC commentary. So that's relevant and important.

Order 66 and dealing with how it works is relevant to the films.

We've got Yoda talking with Qui-Gon again, and perhaps whatever he goes in pursuit of in relation to the Sith is relevant to the films. My personal hope is that Yoda will find information revealing the Grand Plan to him in some form, explaining why the Jedi are way more suspicious of Palpatine in ROTS than they have been of him in TCW thus far.

The Clovis arc is the one arc that I don't know if it ties into the films at all or not. I may be mistaken, but I thought Filoni had said something to the effect of "once you see it, you'll understand why we moved it out of Season 5."

I don't know if it's being included merely because it was left over and originally intended for Season 5, or if it got bumped back because it deals with concepts that, like the rest of the arcs, tie into the films. My personal hope for this one is that Clovis helps expose the treason of the commerce guilds and forces them to openly ally with the CIS - as I think many of us assumed they were until TCW said otherwise.

The Jar Jar/Mace one is the one I have no idea what they could possibly be doing, or if/how it will relate to the films.

But my impression was that these Bonus Content arcs weren't just thrown together because they just so happened to be the ones nearest completion, but because they were actually going to tie into the movies in some way, and so in that way kind of feel like a proper send off, rather than just more miscellaneous, self-contained adventures.
  18. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    This is why I hate that they cancelled it when they did. Arcs and episodes that tie in to the movies are my favorites.
  19. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 6
    At this point it is what it is. The cancellation happened almost a year ago.

I'm just happy to finally get the chance to see Anakin beat the **** out of Clovis, as I've been looking forward to that for a year and a half.

Then I'm ready to move on.
    Jedirush2112 and EHT like this.
  20. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I'm sure they'll come out of blu-ray later. Its bittersweet, I'm not going to rush through the last 13 or so episodes but I can't wait to watch them, especially the Order 66 arc. I still mourn the arc mentioned with Rex hanging with R2 that never happened.
  21. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    It is unfortunate but it is true. I usually get a TCW fix every few months or so and I go through a few arcs in a week or two time, same when I need my SW movie fix.

Weird though, this time last year we were talking about the end of the Maul arc and discussing what was going to happen to Ahsoka and how Season 6 is gonna start. Would of killed for another full season or two for them to wrap everything up.
  22. darthzac14 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Maybe in the Clovis arc, Luke and Leia are conceived?
  23. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
  24. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 6
    I dunno. Clovis seems creepy enough that he'd probably try to watch.
  25. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I actually didn't mind the Clovis episode from S2 outside of the convoluted commerce guild neutrality it introduced.

And I thought Clovis was entertaining. Creepy and awkward, sure, but still entertaining in a way because of how smug he was and Anakin's jealousy. I look at that and then look to Anakin and Padme's relationship of AOTC, which felt just creepy and awkward without any kind of characteristics that make their relationship interesting or entertaining to watch. Senate Spy was a guilty pleasure of mine..