main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Yea, where I'm at - the 1st tier HD package includes it (which I won't pay for cable unless its HD - no point otherwise, IMO)...But even though its the first tier, its still 100 bucks added on to my internet cost which is already 75 bucks...If I'm paying 75 bucks for internet/month...its a lot more economical to pay 8 more = 83 bucks/month than to pay 175/month...I'm much happier with a Netflix release instead of DisneyXD...

EHT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    The 6th wasn't the final, it is safe to presume we were going to get at least 7 seasons with the last season focusing on the Outer rim Sieges and getting closer to the battle of Corsucant, whether we would of seen the battle is anyone's guess.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    As others have said, Season 6 would not have been the final season, and from what Filoni said early on in the announcement of the Bonus Content, it seemed like these arcs were chosen because they tackle concepts from the movies/tie in to the movies.

The deal with Sifo-Dyas was never concluded in ROTS like Lucas said he planned in the AOTC commentary. So that's relevant and important.

Order 66 and dealing with how it works is relevant to the films.

We've got Yoda talking with Qui-Gon again, and perhaps whatever he goes in pursuit of in relation to the Sith is relevant to the films. My personal hope is that Yoda will find information revealing the Grand Plan to him in some form, explaining why the Jedi are way more suspicious of Palpatine in ROTS than they have been of him in TCW thus far.

The Clovis arc is the one arc that I don't know if it ties into the films at all or not. I may be mistaken, but I thought Filoni had said something to the effect of "once you see it, you'll understand why we moved it out of Season 5."

I don't know if it's being included merely because it was left over and originally intended for Season 5, or if it got bumped back because it deals with concepts that, like the rest of the arcs, tie into the films. My personal hope for this one is that Clovis helps expose the treason of the commerce guilds and forces them to openly ally with the CIS - as I think many of us assumed they were until TCW said otherwise.

The Jar Jar/Mace one is the one I have no idea what they could possibly be doing, or if/how it will relate to the films.

But my impression was that these Bonus Content arcs weren't just thrown together because they just so happened to be the ones nearest completion, but because they were actually going to tie into the movies in some way, and so in that way kind of feel like a proper send off, rather than just more miscellaneous, self-contained adventures.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    This is why I hate that they cancelled it when they did. Arcs and episodes that tie in to the movies are my favorites.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    At this point it is what it is. The cancellation happened almost a year ago.

I'm just happy to finally get the chance to see Anakin beat the **** out of Clovis, as I've been looking forward to that for a year and a half.

Then I'm ready to move on.

Jedirush2112 and EHT like this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sure they'll come out of blu-ray later. Its bittersweet, I'm not going to rush through the last 13 or so episodes but I can't wait to watch them, especially the Order 66 arc. I still mourn the arc mentioned with Rex hanging with R2 that never happened.

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It is unfortunate but it is true. I usually get a TCW fix every few months or so and I go through a few arcs in a week or two time, same when I need my SW movie fix.

Weird though, this time last year we were talking about the end of the Maul arc and discussing what was going to happen to Ahsoka and how Season 6 is gonna start. Would of killed for another full season or two for them to wrap everything up.

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Maybe in the Clovis arc, Luke and Leia are conceived?

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Conceivus arc?

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I dunno. Clovis seems creepy enough that he'd probably try to watch.

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I actually didn't mind the Clovis episode from S2 outside of the convoluted commerce guild neutrality it introduced.

And I thought Clovis was entertaining. Creepy and awkward, sure, but still entertaining in a way because of how smug he was and Anakin's jealousy. I look at that and then look to Anakin and Padme's relationship of AOTC, which felt just creepy and awkward without any kind of characteristics that make their relationship interesting or entertaining to watch. Senate Spy was a guilty pleasure of mine..

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I felt like I needed a scalding shower after watching Clovis. Anakin to me just seemed like an awkward kid.

I do like the beginning and the end of Senate Spy though, especially the end, with Anakin taking care of Padme and leaving Clovis to the Neimoidians.

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I always thought that the ending of Senate Spy implied that the Neimoidians killed Clovis off screen. Yeah good job Anakin leaving someone to die that's the honourable Jedi way right? Really I get Anakin's frustrations because the guy did some wrong things but the way he went about it was like a petty kid who's jealous of a guy when the girl he likes crushes on the guy and Padme wasn't even crushing on him nor was he her he was just being a good friend or at least trying too. Really showed more of his brash and immature side that I'm not overly fond of.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I laughed my ass off when Anakin told Clovis he had "great faith in [his] survival skills".

Padme was at best playing politics in that episode, at worst she was prostituting herself for information.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Argh. With Yoda playing the pimp.

16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Recently re-watched that ep too. All she really does is sweet-talk him and give him a hug.. though ridiculously low-cut dress is ridiculous.

Clovis, he doesn't seem that bad to me, other than his bad dealings. I dunno, he seemed to actually care about Padme, and she wasn't exactly giving him "not interested" treatment.

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Recalling the discussion of Queen Miraj Scintel from the Slaves arc in the Old Episodes Discussion thread, I was suddenly inspired to complete the first song I posted for TCW: The Musical. There's just something about Miraj that screams "Disney villain!" So I can just imagine Miraj and Anakin singing while riding that brezak at the end of Slaves of the Republic:

Miraj:
    I can show you my world

Zygerria, so splendid
    Tell me, Jedi, now when did
    You last let your heart decide?
    I can open your eyes
    Take you planet by planet
    Over landscapes so perfect
    On a wild brezak ride

A whole new world
    A new fantastic point of view
    I’ll never let you go
    Parties we’ll throw
    Those slaves, they’re always screaming

A whole new world
    A dazzling star you never knew
    As we fly way up here, Kyber crystal clear
    I'm now in a whole new world with you

Anakin:
    Now I’m in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable plight
    Unbearable agony
    Whipping, yelling, and flailing
    Through a gladiatorial fight

A whole new world (M: Don’t you dare leave this place)
    A hundred thousand slaves to free (M: No, that’s not gonna happen)
    I’m like a supernova
    I’ve gone over
    I can’t return to where I used to be

Miraj: A whole new world (A: Every jolt full of trauma)
    With slave enterprises to pursue (A: Every moment of torture)
    I’ll enslave them everywhere
    And kill the spares
    Let me share my whole new world with you

M: My whole new world
    A: A whole new world
    M: It’s all you’ll see
    A: It’s all I’ll see
    M: My wondrous race
    A: A terrible place
    M: For you and me

Iron_lord, Zer0, Revanfan1 and 5 others like this.
  18. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    What is...I don't even... lol
    Nice job Circular Logic.

19. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Did anyone noticed that the episode Senate Spy was a tribute to the movie Notorious by Hitchcock - it's the same type of plot, the same ending.

20. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Does anyone know if they'll be sequencing them according to internal chronology or broadcast order? I'd love it if they put them in the correct sequence. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

21. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I imagine broadcast order. That's what'd be easiest for them. Plus it'll be easier for casual fans to navigate seasons.

Random Comments likes this.
  22. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    Hey guys. Sorry for the bother, but considering I don't want to potentially spoil the Order 66 arc by looking through the Bonus Content Thread, does Coleman Kcaj make an appearance? And if so, does he actually have any lines?

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I believe he does show up, no lines.

Revanfan1 and ColemanKcajFTW like this.
  24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Of course, because not seeing them in chronological order sure made things easier for us. Why not? :rolleyes:

25. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Honestly, with the exception of a handful of episodes, none of us would have known the show wasn't in chronological order unless they told us. Besides, Star Trek is shown on Netflix in broadcast order as opposed to production or star date order. There is a precedence.

And yes, it IS easier to find an episode you want to watch when it's in its proper season. Only the hard core fans care about the internal chronology of TCW. Everyone else just wants to see it like they did on CN.

Pfluegermeister likes this.