main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ReigningHope

ReigningHope Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014
    I'm not a real big fan of idea of a Wookie Arc or the return to Water World, so I'll leave it at that.

Ahsoka's new role in the government, I'm guessing she went to Onderon and does... whatever would let here appoint a provisional leader and communicate with the Jedi, looks promising. I'm guessing that at this point in the war Old Death Watch already beat Darth Watch and Ahsoka had a role in that.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the bounty hunters arc with Boba, Bossk, Cad Bane, Embo, C-21, and whoever the last character is (out of scale Latts?), though I with Assajj was there.

I think that we're probably going to get the Maul/Vos conflict in the new comic.

As for Echo being alive, I'm torn. On one side it's completely unexpected and I'd love to see his reactions to what happened between the Citadel and whenever he shows up. On the other hand, it feels stupid to see him with Lobot implants and a quasi-Commando helmet and for him to suddenly show up. I'm guessing that he would've shown up in the Rex/R2 arc.

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    In my opinion, Echo isn't alive until they tell it in a proper story. Until then, it's just an idea TCW story team had.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

You raise a point in that maybe she does take some kind of roll in the government that perhaps has her acting as a liaison to the Jedi Council. Perhaps if she falls in under Padme's wing, or if Palpatine takes interest in her, using her to drive a wedge further between Anakin and the Council while also appearing to be doing Anakin a favor by keeping an eye on her and keeping her around.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I'm glad to see these drawings, but I'm satisfied with how TCW ended with the Yoda arc. The wookiee arc would've diminished their role in Episode III, I like where they left Ahsoka, Echo doesn't need to have survived, no need to see Lee Char again. I mean it would've been cool, but not necessary. The only necessary things I think are Maul's story and the Bounty Hunters arc. And maybe a conclusion to what happened Mandalore.

Overall I'm happy the show ended when it did.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This is why they should do more clone wars comic books.

Circular Logic likes this.
  6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

I'd think they will.

Smallville continued as a comic, and I think might even still be going as a comic, despite the show not being on the air. And they resurrected the 60's Batman as a comic. I wouldn't be surprised if TCW is allowed to continue in comic form. Though the Story Group might have to decide its stance on canon before they green light such an idea, I don't know. Or perhaps might wait for Marvel to pick up the comics before introducing a new TCW title.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I seriously doubt that Ahsoka would have rejoined the JO if she was going to become any kind of Mando. The Mandalorians have been sworn enemies of the Jedi since time immemorial. It would be incompatible.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes but I dont know what would keep the story board from green lighting it.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like his sketches. Who is Anakin carrying off the battlefield there?

Ahsoka going to Mandalore is pretty iffy in my mind. I love Bo-Katan and the potential for a badass team-up is there. But my fear is that we would see more of her whining about the Jedi expelling her, and then Bo-Katan would blame the Jedi for her sister's romance not working out (or even for her sister dying), and it would be One Big Happy Jedi Bashfest on Concordia. They'll probably burn Obi-Wan in effigy or something.

No thanks, I'll pass.

As far as Echo being alive...I'm over characters getting blown up and bisected and then re-emerging later. The "How the hell did he survive that?" impressed amazement left me with Darth Vader surviving lava.

Again, I'll pass.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

There's no evidence that she's a mando. It shows her communicating with the Jedi Council and appointing Bo provisional leader of Mandalore.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I saw some of the other posts. It's hard for me to tell who that is; I saw a long-haired dude. Couldn't tell it was Ventress either but not arguing.

Ahsoka rejoining the Jedi...that ship sailed. Should have happened at the end of The Wrong Jedi if it were going to happen. Although I have no doubt the Jedi would welcome her back with open arms because they are forgiving and otherwise very nice people.

Her as a provisional governor telling Bo-Katan what to do though...**** that.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes and why would she join the mandos.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really wonder where they would bring Echo back I dont know the R2D2 and Rex arc.

15. ReigningHope

ReigningHope Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014

I'm pretty sure that the Mandalorians threw aside their hate for the Jedi now that the sith essentially orchestrated a rebellion that escalated into all out war.

Also, why would she need to work with the Jedi to speak with them? She could be their for purely political reasons (aside from the fact that she owns (or owned) lightsabers) and still have the power to speak with them.

16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I also noticed she seems to be wearing the same damned clothes . . .

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She owns a closet full of boob-hole tops.

18. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I really don't like the idea of Echo surviving. The Clone Wars is a very dark and depressing time, and Domino Squad is a reflection of that. Their story arc over the series is just really sad and the way it ends with Fives being the last one and what he learns I think is absolute gold storytelling.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You're in Dave's world now. The Mandalorians love Jedi, specifically Ahsoka.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really wish they finished the bounty hunter arc then again they might have or will and are waiting.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sorry but Dave's world is Canon. not including these pictures.

22. Calintz_Neos

Calintz_Neos Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2014
    Better than the fandolorians.

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_plain]

Poor Han. He will never be able to understand Chewie.

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    As an Echo fan since 2008, I agree with this. With the story of Domino Squad, from Rookies to Orders, TCW's writers did not pull their punches and this paid dividends. Beneath the politics and the philosophical clash of the Jedi and Sith, theirs was a gritty personal story that would be cheapened by a hard-to-explain return from the dead.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Correction.

All the "good" people hate Jedi and love Ahsoka.

GGrievous likes this.