main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, please. In Dave Filoni's world, EVERYONE loves Ahsoka. Too bad she only has eyes for Davey boy himself!

. . . And Bo as well!

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    According to Dave, everyone, good or evil, loves Ahsoka in the GFFA.

Those meanie Jedi didn't understand her, however.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree one example of this is Lux who was a separatist.

4. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

5. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    And considering what they came from, having to work together as a team to each member besides Fives giving their lives for the Republic, only for Fives to learn that his brothers died in the name of a lie. And Fives' descent into madness knowing the truth behind it all, to bring back Echo would erase all that the Domino Squad stood for.

Revanfan1 and QuangoFett like this.
  6. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    I assume all of you know the production order of the episodes, so here is what I think of the Dave Sketches:

When you try to save each of the pictures, they tell you which season (in terms of production) the episodes were meant for. The further out the season, the less grounded in finality the sketch is.

Maul: The first and most crowded picture is a part of "Season Six". Considering that, following the Yoda arc, there were only 5 more slots in the official Season Five, we can assume that what we see in this picture will be covered in Son of Dathomir. Why can we assume this? Well...

Bounty Hunters: The arc concerning Cad Bane, Boba Fett, et. al. had been in production for a long time since they were able to hint at it back on the guide gallery for "Deception". I am still really bummed that this was the first arc in line at the cutting block for Season Six. I really would've liked more Boba and Hondo inevitably would've shown up since he still has Slave I. I still believe that the events of this story could be covered in Rebels.

Wookiees and Quarren: As nothing is really shown, I don't have much to say.

Maul (continued): Quinlan Vos' involvement is something that makes me pretty happy, considering he didn't have a full arc on the show. I wasn't crazy about the show's interpretation of him but I would've been more open if they had given him a complete arc. I was perfectly happy with how they handled Ventress so maybe they had a couple tricks up their sleeves for Vos that would've retconned his comic book story (we all know that GL legitimately liked the character). It looks to be that he would've had a longer arc considering that "Season Seven" included another image of him...

Ventress: She was going to get an arc with hair and a ship (we saw in sketches at CEII). She is my favorite character and I believe her arc would've fallen immediately after the bounty hunter arc since Nika Futterman said she had recorded more dialogue and Sam Witwer could not say as much about Maul. This means she would likely survive that story only to receive another in Season Seven that (apparently) would include her death. The fact that Quinlan is holding her leads me to believe that either he would've become more of a main character on the show that could appear in different arcs or Ventress' and Maul's paths would have intertwined again in Season Seven. I think there would've been more Maul after Son of Dathomir because the picture of him in robes is from the Season Seven meeting.

Echo: Very intrigued. Although I would rather have had more time before we heard about it to let Fives' death hold more weight.

Ahsoka/Bo-Katan: I don't think Ahsoka rejoined the Jedi or became a Mandalorian. I think both she and Bo-Katan have become part of a rag-tag group of what-you-might-call-rebels and the picture of her in the council is possibly her asking for their assistance. Again, I think this essentially guarantees some kind of a presence in Star Wars: Rebels since the Clone Wars team was already planning to have some of the more "rebellious" characters team up.

Overall, AWESOME! But the Season Seven Maul picture has me thinking that Son of Dathomir will either change the ending from the original scripts or it will lead into a standalone Maul film which I think GL may have planned as a gesture of goodwill towards Disney.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Great post. And welcome to the boards. :)

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What if TCW was done like GoT? We got this main hero character, Ned Stark, that we got to identify with over the run of the first season and mentally invest in, and then suddenly we're blindsided with him getting his head chopped off! And the credits roll immediately the sword falls, so we aren't even 100% sure he died, and we're left buzzing all week like "Did that really just happen?" Because everyone knows that just doesn't happen in shows. It would be like Captain Kirk getting legit killed. Redshirts die, but the main character, the protagonist we've been following and rooting for all along doesn't... And then next week's ep opens with the bloody dripping sword and the severed head being hoisted and it's like "Yeah. That happened. Deal with it."

So... if they'd allowed us to connect with a recurring protagonist character over multiple episodes, to the point where they're perceived as a "main", a "safe" character, not a redshirt... but then they just get killed out of hand... would TCW have been better or worse for it?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to choose one more tcw comic I would choose the Bounty hunter arc.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005

[​IMG]

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In regards to Vos and the idea that Lucas allegedly likes him. I'm not sure what the source of this claim is, but if you're referring to the often cited idea that Lucas requested the character survive Order 66 (or however the story went), that was dispelled as a misquote. Two versions of a comic (Republic #83) were considered, one in which he survived and one in which he died were being considered, and whomever such decisions lay with at LFL (not Lucas) decided that either one was acceptable, and so Vos survived at the decision of the writers.

This somehow got corrupted into baseless claims that Lucas specifically asked for the character's survival, with people erroneously jumping to the conclusion that he might appear in Underworld, when that show was still planned. I'm guessing it was a leap in logic based on Lucas' decision to include the character in ROTS, but such a decision may have stemmed from liking the character design as was the case with Aayla - which in no way spared her.

GGrievous and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    ECHO?1?1?

GGrievous likes this.
  13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, he's alive in Dave's world.

As much as I hate seeing characters coming back from the dead, this one I don't mind as much. Although how the hell did he survive the blast? Explanation is needed please.

Why didn't they include him in the Fives arc? It would've made better sense for Echo to return to his great buddy Fives, instead of Fives randomly loving Tup.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Except for how the Mandalorians in TCW hated the Jedi, explained how their hatred of Jedi is deeply ingrained from ancient times, and tried to kill Ahsoka. [face_clown]

15. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I bet Ahsoka with her kind heart will end the war on mandalore and being peace.

Then she will meet Spar and every EU character..

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I bet people will never stop polluting threads with exaggerations about Ahsoka that don't contribute to any real discussion.

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan it looks like Tikkes was going to show up in a Season 7 episode based on the sketch below. ;)
    [​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There are so many good stories and a few bad ones that could have been made with this stuff alone.

P.S I would not be suprised if a lot of clone wars fanfiction is know based off this.

21. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Oh, sorry about that. I actually based my assumption that George Lucas liked the Quinlan Vos character off of his inclusion in ROTS, like you said, and that he brought him back for TCW (or at least approved him).

TaradosGon likes this.
  22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Remember this board when Echo was killed off in Counterattack? Even off this board, the internet exploded Filoni had to have a letter written to the fans about killing off Echolol.

We did never see a body, only a charred helmet. Would of been an interesting storyline to say the least. Especially with Fives now dead, would of loved to see Rex and Cody's reaction to seeing him alive after all this time.

One of the few things I did dislike about the Order 66 arc was Tup and Fives being best friends out of no where, Jesse or Hardcse(if he didn't die) would of been better suited there but I assume they didn't want to kill Jesse off yet.

I really wish this show could of had the 2 more seasons it needed to wrap everything up.

23. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Two more seasons! Nah......

Welcome to Disney...

24. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Interesting sketches. If you look at the picture of Echo, it looks like he has mechanical, droid-like arms and legs (look at his joints), mechanical implants and scars on his face, and a Lobot-like head apparatus. Maybe they intended for him to be made into a cyborg under separatist control? Just as well, I prefer him being dead as the tragedy of Domino squad really shows the tragedy of the war.

That one picture certainly does look like Quinlan Vos fighting Maul, then carrying Asaj Ventress. I would love to have seen what they had in mind for the series finale had it gotten two more seasons. Heck, if they knew they were finishing, they could have given it a satisfying ending in season six.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****.

If Filoni ever manages to flesh out an idea regarding Maul killing Ventress...

<<< Tusken. Slaughter. Mode.