main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Why did Filoni say spoiler Echo lives because it really is not a spoiler unless.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Speaking of exaggerations about Ahsoka, here's a doozy, if I do say so myself (and sorry if this is day-old news, but I stumbled upon the article just now):

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/star-wars-clone-wars-dave-filoni-ahsoka-yoda/

"“The Lost Missions” follows a rift in the Force caused by Ahsoka Tano’s departure from the Jedi Order and the growing menace of Sith lords and apprentices throughout the galaxy."

Now I don't know who this author, this Patrick Kevin Day is, but I have to ask, what have you been smoking, Mr. Day?

I mean, a rift in the Force attributed, at least in part, to the departure of one failed Padawan from the ranks of the Jedi Order? Not a ripple, mind you, but a genuine, Class-5 rift in the Force itself!

Sometimes I wonder how the GFFA will ever absorb such a loss?

Ah, but fear not! Ol' Roscoe's got it all under control:

"As for any lingering questions about Ahsoka, Filoni is able to provide these words of calm:

“I’m really protective of that character, having written her and worked alongside George on all of her thoughts and actions,” he said. “One thing I’m really grateful for is even though there’s been a lot of transition at Lucasfilm, everybody here working creatively understands I feel that way and comes to me with questions about her.

“I have a good idea of what happened to her, and I’ll just leave it at that,” Filoni said."

Whew -- Am I ever glad he provided us with those words of calm! Now maybe I can sleep at night.

But anyway, the article does say this much:

"Filoni was not able to execute his plan to dovetail the “Clone Wars” series directly into the opening of “Revenge of the Sith,”"

I guess that's kind of interesting. Sounds like Dave had plans for designs on dropping us off right at Episode III's doorstep. Oh, how the Outer Rim Sieges would have been fun to enjoy on TCW.

Ah, well... C'est la guerre.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What the kark? We're all doomed. [face_laugh]

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, Ahsoka clearly aggravated things.

"Sith lords and apprentices."
    This isn't helping you, Patrick.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Posting those pics was kind of cruel if you ask me.... especially to that guy on these boards who has been waiting six years for Tikkes to show up. I am an Ahsoka fan and would like to see her again but even I feel like she should lay low for a decade or so. The idea of Vos returning to the show to play a large role would be awesome... if it was actually going to happen... but it isn't ... so I think I would have rather not known. Oh well, my fault for reading.

Seerow likes this.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Seriously. :oops:

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    How could her walking out of the order possibly rift the Force?

This sounds like some speculative BS from some hack journalist.

8. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    She is the chosen one, Filoni.

9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only Ahsoka fan on these boards. Huh.

After seeing these sketches, I am really upset we couldn't get 1 more season. If, eventually, Netflix is cool enough and we get a series of movies or a season, I really hope it will be the Bounty Hunter arc, the Ventress (And Maul?) arc, The Ahsoka/Mandalore arc, the Rex/R2 arc (If that wraps up Rex's arc and the Echo arc that I guess is now open. Though Echo really should die at the end of the arc. Having him turned into a Sep slave only to be killed would be the final straw for Domino Squad IMO), and this Episode 3 tie in/Out Rim Sieges arc. Counting each as 4 parts would give us a 20 episode season or 5 mini movies and basically leave us with all the loose ends tied up (Except for stuff from the Yoda arc that hopefully might tie into the Sequel Trilogy.)

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Echo should just stay dead. It really cheapens his impact and throws a monkey wrench into Fives character arc if he is alive. I have plenty of tolerance for the word of god but if someone says Five and Echo have were still hanging out all the time. That's dumb fanservice and it doesn't mean a damn thing anyways since the show is canceled. Unless there is a random cameo coming for Rebels. The pictures do make me sad. Oh what could have been...

11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Does anybody have a theory as to why Filoni showed us these ideas just now?

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Or something.

A "rift in the Force" caused by her departure? [face_rofl]

That's an "I have to laugh so I won't throw large objects" statement.

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    All these super ideas of Dave makes me wonder why he never put them in the full 5 years of the show he already did have, (though I appreciate the Onderon and the Droid arcs had to be told) [face_thinking]

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Pretty much. Day's quotes, to me, sound like one of two things. Either the writer's just shooting from the hip, and casually tossing about phrases like "rift in the Force," or someone who should have known better had actually fed Mr. Day this stuff.

Either way, I'm not a fan of it.

I was largely a fan of the character, myself.

What I am not a fan of, however, is seeing the folks in charge assigning inflated importance to their personal pet characters. I understand the impulse, but I feel that the few blessed with "the keys to the kingdom" have a responsibility to the franchise beyond their own wish-fulfillment.

I suppose I hope that KK and Disney to a better job of reigning in some of that stuff.

Revanfan1 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Unless Echo is going to appear in rebels which is not probable- him being alive or dead doesn't really matter much. They were about to bring him back from the dead in episodes that were not finished, but when show is cancelled that doesn't mean anything really...

I see no reason to revive him though- especially after Fives is gone.

Trebor Sabreon, Revanfan1 and Seerow like this.
  16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Ahsoka is not a mary sue; instead she's Dave's ultimate pet character, someone who can't die nor be injured for life. Even Lucas couldn't stop him and he wanted Ahsoka to die. Yet, since Lucas was nearing his "retirement," I'm sure he cared less. If only Lucas were younger and actually cared about Star Wars continuity. I'm sure this would've happened:

Dave: George! Ahsoka is going to live!
    George: What? Get out of my ranch.

Instead we sadly received this:

Dave: George! Ahsoka is going to live!
    George: She should die.
    Dave: Nonsense! Everyone loves her! She is going to live!
    George: k, well, time for my afternoon nap.
    Dave: \o/ brb twitter: #Ahsokalives!

17. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    **** YOU SIDIOUS!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well put Swash. Echo is dead until we see him on screen somewhere. In the future I hope they are more careful about killing characters they might want to use again. Its easy to understand why they used Clovis again. It would be even dumber to create yet another ex-lover for Padme.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This exactly.

One reason I liked Ahsoka so much more in earlier seasons is that she wasn't such an obvious pet. She contributed to the overall story and the development of other characters, as opposed to the story being centered around her, and other characters being included solely for the purpose of making her look awesome, often at their expense.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Boobhole Ahsoka is the worst

21. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    So, who is the guy top left? It's not Maul. I thought it might be Dooku, but the hair is wrong. The other two appear to be Quinlan Vos and (dead!?! that setting sun is ominous) Ventress. If Ventress were to die in the Clone Wars I would have hoped Kenobi would be involved it that story, not "one time appearance" Vos.

[​IMG]

22. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    Mace Jar Jar arc is hilarious!!

23. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Wait wait wait, something just came to my mind. When I searched my shelf for the elderly video game 'Strife' several minutes ago, I rediscovered another elderly game: 'CyClones'. Now, Echo being a cyborg and a clone, wouldn't that make him a CyClone, too ...?

Seerow likes this.
  24. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Kind of looks like Obi-Wan.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And not because of the boobhole.

Senator Kelberry likes this.