main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    This is such a nice comparison.

I find the Rule of One (not-canon anymore) to be the perfect Sith Rule. The Rule of Two was better than before, but it still created problems.

The Rule of One, on the contrary, was IMO, far better than the Rule of Two. By indoctrination, the new Sith apprentices were blindly loyal to the Dark Lord of the Sith and his orders. That made them fight for a purpose rather than personal power, which was the original proposition of Bane. In essence, if the Dark Lord manages to survive long enough, so that all the Sith under his command are loyalists and bred to blindly follow him, then he is all-powerful.

2. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Except, as it turns out, relying on the blind loyalty of a Sith, even one bred for generations for it, can be... problematic:
    [​IMG]

3. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Yes it was. Once. And Krayt survived and killed Wyyrlock and regained the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    IL: You ought to know by now I don't care about TCW but nice try.

Anzeroth: Thanks for the support. :)

Anzeroth2112 likes this.
  5. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    "You betrayed me, Lord Wyyrlock. Of all who followed me, you were the closest."
    -Darth Krayt

Wyyrlock was a third-generation Sith and his boss's most trusted henchmen. By any account, he was exactly what you're talking about: a loyalist "bred to blindly follow [Krayt]". And we can see that it didn't stick. And when Krayt did return, you'll note that a grand total of one Sith obeyed him out of actual loyalty. Nihil even came to make sure he was dead for ambition's sake. When he announced his return, the One Sith weren't exactly falling all over themselves to see the usurper deposed. They did exactly what you'd expect Sith to do - stay on the sidelines and wait to see who came out on top. Sith, of any order, aren't exactly a loyal lot.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Then why are you posting in a TCW thread?

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

True, but I saw Wyyrlock as the exception to the rule. In any case, the word "perfect" for describing the Rule of One was misplaced. What I meant to say was that the Rule of One is better than the Rule of Two.
    In any case, it's all non-canon now.:p Not too happy about, not too frustrated either. I never like the Vong that much...

8. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I am digressing from the current conversation but had a quick question about the Mortis Arc and it didn't seem like there was a thread. When Anakin did whatever it was to save Ahsoka does that mean that the Daughter is part of Ahsoka? Sorry if this was talked about already.

9. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Emm...that is actually a good question. Never thought of that. Need to think now[face_thinking]

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

It would make more sense in explaining how good of a Jedi she was. If that is also the case she could be a huge threat to Vader/the Empire because she would technically be part of the Light side in a literal sense if she had the powers the daughter had.

11. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Giving her the powers of the daughter would be overkill, and for me it would ruin the character.
    If she had that much power, then how would Vader stop her? The powers of both the Son and the Daughter are of no match to the powers of the Emperor and Vader combined. I mean, the Ones could force-close Lightsabers (how cool is that? :p)

12. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

Oh it would be total overkill if she was that powerful. That was pretty sweet when they did that and I was like alright bro this is child's play. It is an interesting thing to think about if Ahsoka does have some sort of the Daughters powers. That would help a lot in Ep VII because she could guide the light side of the training. Of course I could be looking to much into a child's show.

13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I've heard talk that Daughter is now Ahsoka and I sincerely hope that isn't the case. As Anzeroth says it would completely ruin the character and rather usurp Anakin/Vader's place and importance.

14. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

100% agree Cush. Georgey boy planned to have Ahsoka die anyway. I'm sure he didn't loosen the reins that much to allow her to become that powerful. It would clearly screw up the OT and make a mockery of Wars of Star. Maybe Ahsoka leaves to go to Mortis then and just bros around there till whenever they bring her back. She could just be this wise woman with no extra powers.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  15. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    I see what you did there :p

16. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    Actually I don't think Ahsoka was dead in that episode. If you hear the Father talk doesn't he say that the Dark side will consume her or was he talking about the Daughter? If Ahsoka was dying then all the Daughter did with Anakin's help heal her of the dark side. That makes more sense.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Personally I don't see how Ahsoka exists as Anakin's apprentice in the first place, I find it difficult to believe the Jedi Council would knight their wayward one so early. I have seen most of Mortis but the entire thing seems incongruous to me. It does not mesh with the OT at all. If Ahsoka 'blended' or whatever with Daughter let her gain the wisdom and 'goodness' not suddenly be this nearly all powerful kid that basically screws up the entire basic story of the films.

No, I don't hate any character but I do have issue with blatant inconsistences.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that Anakin is close to becoming Master in RoTS (with their distrust of him being the primary reason he's not getting Mastery) - it makes sense that he'd be promoted to Knight early in the the war rather than late.

19. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

I'm not going to express my views on the Jedi handling Anakin....not today. I don't want her to be all powerful either maybe just wise if it is in fact the case that the Daughter is part of her in some way. How does the Mortis Arc mess with the OT?

20. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Meh...I am not really fond of Ahsoka in the movies. Not even like seeing her in Rebels. I like the character, but I think her place is in the TWC. Anywhere else and I wouldn't like it.
    What I would like is a spin-off movies about her during Order 66. Seeing her emotions when the **** hit the fan and almost all Jedi were wiped out. Would she be angry? Propably. When she hears that Anakin is Darth Vader? Now, that I want to see.

The way I have imagined it, is that she decides to go back at Coruscant and face Vader. She goes there, maybe even approaches him from somewhere where is not seen. Vader senses something, but he is not sure (kinda like what happened in ANH with Obi-Wan). Then, Ahsoka get ready to face him off, but as she gets ready she stops. She understands she can't do it. She understands the danger involved and that this is not the right time or the right place.

So, she goes in hiding. Later on, as Vader is leading his campaigns against the Jedi, Ahsoka prepares herself to meet him. Vader receives a message about possible Jedi located on [insert_planet name_here]. But in the message there is a subtle message that would make Vader realise it is Ahsoka who send it (e.g. the word "skyguy" or "snips" etc.). Vader goes by himself. Ahsoka is waiting for him. There is a pause and then the dialogue starts. Questions and drama and tragedy etc etc. Maybe Ahsoka tries to turn Vader, or maybe she doesn't bother at all because she can never forgive him for the death of so many Jedi. Then they duel. Vader wins. Ahsoka dies. Now here is the delicate part. Would Vader hesitate to kill her? Would he just strike her down? Will Ahsoka be angry? Or hopeful, believing that the Jedi will rise again?

For me this would be the ultimate way to seal the Ahsoka character. Because, IMO she was created for Anakin. She was put in TCW to show Anakin's emotions,bonds and his side of the Dark Side.
    She started off as with Skywalker and will end with Skywalker.

Just my thoughts :p

Iron_lord and Vader'sGoodHand like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I will change my user name to CyberSabine because I WILL blow up the Internet.

22. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

I liked your post so much that I wanted to Like it again. I don't know how she would handle it. She isn't a Jedi anymore so I don't think she would care that the Jedi were killed but more so the fact that people were killed. I have ran the scenario over and over in my head on how Vader and Ahsoka would handle this. There was some sort of brotherly/sisterly love between the two characters and you can see that many occasions (him breaking down in the Slaver Arc and Mortis Arc). I know Ahsoka would blame herself for Anakin's fall and question what would happen if she stayed. If it was early into his turning I think he might let her walk if he found her on a planet somewhere. If she tried to face him I think the opposite would happen...he would try to turn her. Which I would love to see happen but Filoni ain't that dark. I think she would fight him and monologue back and forth. Maybe she would just give up and let him kill her. Then and only then does he turn into the menacing Vader we know and love.

Second scenario is that he goes looking for her after she leaves and the Chancellor gets a whiff of this and has her killed by Maul. Anakin gets there at the last second, can't save her, says his classic line "I'm so sorry" as she clings to her last breaths. She dies and he realizes that now these visions of Padme dying mean that he needs to do everything he can because the triumvirate of women in his life is slowly dying. He can't, enter dark side and that's it.

Either way SHE HAS TO DIE. I love the character but please let her die so that I don't need to worry about if they are going to use her in Rebels or the new movies.

23. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

Internet user: What's that noise?

Forceboards bloggers: That is the sound of 1,000 terrible things headed this way...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Thank you for the kind words :)

I never considered blaming herself for Anakin's fall. That would make it even more interesting!

25. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    [/quote]

Thank you for the kind words :)

I never considered blaming herself for Anakin's fall. That would make it even more interesting![/quote]

Maybe not blame herself but there would be some guilt. They went through a lot during the three years they were together with him saving her countless times. I wonder if she ever got attached? If she did then yes the guilt would be there.