main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Most certainly! Just watched Lair of Grevious. That was pretty awesome! I'm enjoying it on netflix, but I'm going to order the series on Blu-ray sometime in the summer.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. When they announced this series people thought "well, this could be fun." Then people started watching it and said, "Holy ****! This is awesome!" One of the things that the later seasons do really well is give a lot more context to Anakin's fall Ep. III. Go watch To Catch a Jedi and you'll see what I mean.

Gamma626 likes this.
  3. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

That arc is simply phenomenal. :p

*Goes off and re-watches it for the 5th time"

Iron_lord and Gamma626 like this.
  4. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I finished the Obi-Wan / Mandalore prime minister one. Just wow. A thought that keeps recurring to me as I watch this high speed camera train wreck of a system of governance that automation itself, which is to say Moore's Law itself, in its various iterations and permutations with smart technical droids, commando droids, self-directing battle droids, is outflanking, out-maneuvering, out-running the quality of self-determination in living beings, represented by the Jedi. Anakin's resort to anathematic interrogation was elicited directly by the crisis of a biological enemy, but you can see his temper and patience cracking with respect to how one responds, in general, to the onslought of irresistable technology. Just a suspicion at this point. The required irony is that Anakin's solution by moral automation, or bypoassing Jedi checks and balances, results in his own dependence on automation, which is what he fought. dark side easy etc. But we can see this in high granularity with TCW and it is extremely rewarding and fills in a lot of potholes in the plot.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, I just finished watching that one. The Grevious/Fisto/Nadara duel was epic. And then they threw in the Jedi fighting that alien cyborg dinosaur thing. That was insanely awesome. [face_laugh]:D=D=

6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I must admit, that I feel a little sorry for all of the SW fans out there who were never able to give the series a chance, especially in that by not doing so, they missed out on the Yoda Arc finale which provided us with some of the most sublime, beautifully designed and content rich material in the history of the franchise.

7. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    I just finished binge watching the whole series over again. I'm really going to miss this series. Even with it's occassional duds it's a very well made series, Rebels has some big shoes to fill.

Also you gotta respect Obi-wan after watching this series. That guy is a true Jedi though and though. Throughout the course of the series he gets beaten up repeatedly, the sociopath who killed his master comes back robbing him of his victory, said sociopath then kills his love interest and forces him to watch... and it still doesn't deter him, he never considers giving in to the darkside, not even for a moment. He stays the path and carries on. Big props to that guy.

Then you go into ROTS and Anakin turns to the darkside because he had a bad dream... Obi-wan should've just slapped him and told him to quit his whining.

"You had a nightmare? Oh Boo ****ing hoo! Look at the **** I've got to deal with!"

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Quoting this just so I can say how much I like it instead of just clicking the "like" button.

I started watching this series after being told about how well it depicted Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship, and those two characters and their interaction remain my favorite part of the series.

pronker and Lord_Anzeroth like this.
  9. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    *through and through* Won't let me edit it for some reason.

10. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Just finished the Anakin versus Admiral spider. I'm quite sure the score composer took a good long listen to James Horner's Star Trek II sound track.

pronker likes this.
  11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So Netflix is now listing The Clone Wars as an Original Series. Interesting that. I'm pretty sure it wasn't listed like that before unless I am completely blind!

House of Cards is a Netflix Original Series. With that in mind, if TCW has qualified for that status they could be now actively trying to get more episodes from Lucasfilm since it has been VERY successful for Netflix. Plus Season 4 Arrested Development was an Original Series.

If anyone can remember it being an Original Series before please let me know because I've probably just made a fool of myself :p

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I noticed that last night as well. I assumed it was because season 6 was Netflix-only. But they could be trying to get more episodes.

pronker likes this.
  13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yeah. I'm sure it wasn't there before so it can't apply to Season 6 otherwise it would have been there when they were released. And we know we were going to be getting more episodes anyway, it was just how we were going to see them was the question. Netflix wasn't involved so they wouldn't have put any money towards the show for Season 6. I assume that is what makes them Original Series is that Netflix puts money towards the making of it.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You are correct, that "Netflix Original" label is new. I hope it's not just them bragging about getting S6 exclusively. I'm guessing they are leaving the door open, but also bragging about having Star Wars on there. No one else streams Star Wars content right now.

podjazd and hlc88 like this.
  15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, I remembered this post I made back in April on this thread. It's on page 1181, but I've brought it over here. It was originally on Save The Clone Wars Facebook page.

Netflix responded to a letter from a fan and stated this:

One #SaveTheCloneWars supporter Maxwell, posted on our Facebook page that Netflix had replied to his letter with the following message, "We appreciate your suggestions and will forward your comments to the appropriate teams to determine if the series' revival as a Netflix Original fits with our current business model." Has anyone else gotten a response from Netflix?

Well, well... interesting that it is now a Netflix Original... Could it be on the cusp of being revived? They would have to fund it or at least contribute to it...

podjazd, Watto, Seerow and 2 others like this.
  16. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Just finished S6 - I skipped through a few episodes in previous seasons that didn't interest me (Jar Jar eps etc), and it really surprised me with the quality. Lovely animation style, some very good nods to the SW universe and it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine in spite of me heavily disliking the prequels.

Much rather see more of this than the godawful looking Rebels series. I remember reading on Wiki about an EU type story that had Mace Windu (maybe) and some clone troops searching the industrial complex on Coruscant for Sidious and coming incredibly close, only being stopped by the droid arrival as seen at the start of Episode 3. Would have liked to have seen that as the end to the series, maybe... although doesn't that push it close to the 2003 CW series that ended with Palpatine's kidnap?

I haven't really been keeping up with current affairs in recent times so can I ask why this was canned? Disney's request? Quite an odd move given that the show is seemingly pretty popular on Netflix and would seem to appeal to a very diverse audience.

Seerow, Sgt Crowfield and hlc88 like this.
  17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I think there were contract issues which prevented Disney being able to air the show on their own channels so they had to cancel... however they agreed to finish and release episodes already close to completion. Netflix came in after the 13 episodes of Season 6 was finished. The show was only added to Netflix in March, a year after it was cancelled. It wasn't on Netflix before then, so the popularity is still quite good for a show only having been on the website for two months.

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    How are you able to check a show's popularity on Netflix? Is there a ranking system somewhere?

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Here. http://whats-on-netflix.com/top-lists/top-25-tv-series-currently-streaming-on-netflix/ Updated on 28th April. Still in the top 25. At place 20. Though whoever wrote the article has got some of their facts wrong. Since Netflix didn't revive it at all. And it is part of Star Wars official canon. But my point still stands :p

20. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Well I was referring more to the weekly or monthly viewership compared with that of other shows. Does Netflix make those available anywhere?

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I think someone already posted a response like this. Unfortunately I have to say it looks like its canned social media reply similar to one I'd give to people at work.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think the odds of it coming back are slim to none, short of Rebels flopping, which I doubt.

Netflix has entertained the notion of saving shows before. Terra Nova and The River are two that I can think of off the top of my head. And it "rescued" TCW too, in a sense (or at least gave us an additional short season of it). But Terra Nova and The River were shows that were on the chopping block and that were uncertain as to whether they would be picked up for another season or not, and it was at that time that Netflix needed to make a decision as to whether or not to pick those shows up and air future seasons as Netflix exclusives.

With TCW, the show was promptly cancelled, LucasFilm reorganized under Disney, much of the staff was let go and the rest were promptly shifted over to Rebels and are turning that show out pretty darn quick.

Even if Netflix were interested in picking up TCW for future seasons, that would require to reorganize staff yet again, pull people off Rebels and put them back on TCW (or replacing them on TCW), and getting all the voice actors back after I'm sure most of them have moved on.

It's completely different than the other two shows, where the crew was just sitting around with their fingers crossed, hoping to be picked up for additional seasons.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    That's not to say that Rebels prevents them from producing one off Clone Wars arcs in movie form, distributed on Netlix, one or two a year maybe. Especially now that we know that Rebels will have the short 16 episode season. This is a maybe, but just saying it is a definite possibility where fan interest remains, and Netlix is interested.

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    To continue that thought, the Rebels crew is the same at the core level. Dave kept on his key players from TCW for Rebels. Many of the other production staff is now in Taipei (CGCG) instead of the Ranch, but that same group worked on TCW, it just leans more offshore now. They could work on occasional TCW one-offs as well.

25. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    I would probably die of enthusiasm if TCW was revived.