main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    The writers probably had further plans for using Trench later in the series, but were unable to bring closure to the character, as the show was cancelled....

In this episode, I enjoyed, for once, the CIS supremacy instead of the Republic always winning. Technically, the Republic "won" in the end of the episode, as they captured the clone from the CIS, but they probably lost the battle.

It is very frustrating to hear about the Republic being hammered by the CIS, but only see the Republic winning in the show, so this was a nice addition to the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Indeed.

Lord_Anzeroth likes this.
  3. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Okay, I don't know why the one screencap is displayed properly but the other one isn't. Sorry about that. I do know that my phone apparently interpreted "Yoda" as "today." My phone is anti-Star Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Bad phone. Bad, bad phone!

gracesonnet likes this.
  5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Macbook….ugh.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Oops. See!

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My iPhone knows Star Wars. You people just don't type Star Wars words often enough to have autocorrect recognize them.

My iPhone recognizes profanity too.

gracesonnet and Lord_Anzeroth like this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Welcome! Let us know your thoughts on the episodes as you go, always fun to hear new thoughts on the show. The Clones are one of my favorite parts of the show also. Just wait until Season 4.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    I've been skipping around a lot, and totally not watching in a consecutive fashion. So General Krell can go cram it with walnuts for trying to kill all my favorite clones :mad:You just don't do that to Rex, dude.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  10. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh, my T9 must hate me for sure. When I watched the first episode of season 6 for the first time, a friend of mine couldn't watch it because he had to work. He desperately wanted to know what happened, so he texted me asking for short updates via SMS. Well, I noticed that the 'Boom, headshot' scene from the trailer had been cut from syndication, and sent my friend a corresponding SMS. Yet when the second episode started with a resume of what had happened in the first episode, the deleted scene was shown. What I intended to write was (approximately): "Hey, now the clip is back in!". What T9 made of this was:
    Crow: "Hey, now the [replace with vulgar word for male appendage] is back in!"
    Friend: "... you sure you're still watching TCW?"

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ah hopefully you watched all four episodes of that arc? One of the highlights of the series. By Season 4 they start doing 4 episode arcs mainly.

And Rex is awesome. A character that is a TCW original and emerged a hero that continues to get more and more interesting.

12. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    Yeah, I am forcing myself to at least finish the arcs I watch. I just tend to not prefer the Anakin/Ahsoka/Padme storylines for some reason.

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The Ventress storyline gets really interesting as the series goes on. There is something to be said for starting at the beginning and seeing how everyone changes. That happens with several of the characters in the series.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  14. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    *Deep sigh* Spot-on. And those were the happier times.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I saw very little genuinely happy anything in TCW.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think the Umbara arc was very 'happy'. It was fun to watch and remains my favorite arc. Its the arc that finally moved Rex on from where he'd been in The Deserter and put him through a very strict test. Really "Innocents of Ryloth" could be considered part of the large clone arc because it also did a lot to show the very human side of clone troopers and Waxer was probably right up there with Rex, Fives, and Cute for free thinking. The fortune for "Innocents of Ryloth" really hits hard with the way Waxer died in Umbara.

Happy Times is more "Mercy Missions" speed. I still think that is one of the funniest episodes in TCW.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I'm sure you loved to WAC and Gascon adventure episodes :p

18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Sorry, don't even know the reference. I didn't like much of anything in TCW, honestly. Nightsisters arc for Dooku and Wrong Jedi arc for Tarkin, that's about it. But, hey, it's something. :p

19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Happier as in 'Umbara didn't make me get drunk, throw a hysterical fit and bawl'. The Hardcase affair was something I could deal with without losing my dignity. S6E4, not so much :_|.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Much as I loved Fives he just didn't hit me as hard as Waxer's death did. That one had me in tears although Fives was not far behind. It's Rex that really sells that scene to me though.

21. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm not the big movie/TV death cryer, and the last movie that managed to make me cry was Corpse Bride (butterfly scene, anyone?). IIRC I made it through the first arc of S6 completely dry-eyed when I saw it for the first time in the middle of the night (though I felt pretty ****** afterwards). But then I watched the re-run with my son and a bunch of friends the next day.
    Never thought I might lose it in front of my friends. It was a bit embarassing.

22. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I agree. I felt more devastated in terms of character loss when Fives died (Favorite clone behind Rex), But when Waxer died, seeing Rex's reaction and the tear just did it for me and I shed many a tears.

When I rewatched the series before seeing Season 6, I also remember crying during Innocents of Ryloth. The end part with "It means brother" had me bawling. Not just because of how sweet and touching that episode is and how it wrapped up, but because I had a flashforward in my mind to the Umbara arc with the clones killing their own brothers.

Man, I hate Krell so much.

23. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Regarding the Ryloth arc, I certainly loved Waxer, but Boil's character development made the deeper impression on me. Waxer was sweet from the start while his barely bearable bud went through some serious emotional evolution (and look at the horseshoe stache ...!!!).
    Umbara established Fives as my TCW favorite because he had turned into the sort of character I really love ... snarky and moody, yet very determined. And the goatee ... I love goatees ^:)^ . Anyway, when one of my son's young friends wanted to call his mom and borrowed my phone, he noticed the background image ...
    Liam (excited): "Vhoa, Crow, that's a clone of the 501st!!!"
    I (somewhat miffed): "It's Fives. The name is Fives."
    I admit I might be a tad obsessed there.

Seerow likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I see double post, that's it.

25. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, it was a triple originally, but two posts had exactly the same number, and while I was trying to edit one of those, the Force made it disappear.