main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i already did a while back. i like it. that should be enough.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I will add my name to the list of users who wish we could like posts more than once =D=

3. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Hey guys. Watching through TCW for the first time. Almost finished with the second season. I have to say I'm really enjoying the Boba Fett arc right now. Probably one of my favorite parts of the show so far with the exception of Cad Bane. I don't know what comes of Cad Bane but if he lives I would really like a Boba spinoff that included these bounty hunters and Cad Bane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    You have no idea how close we were to getting something just like that. :(

Cevan and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Were?

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    There was supposed to be a bounty hunter arc starring Boba, Bane and the others in Season 6.

7. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Oh that's terrible. Well I really hope that's what we get in the spin off. But with an older Boba.

8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i understand that people critique shows and films online but i generally liked tcw. i had seen the droid arc on tv and didn't rewatch it when i watched the series on netflix. so there's that.

9. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    I'm really enjoying it so far. If I were to give an honest critique of what I didn't like so far I think the only things that really come to mind are the intros. I'm sure this is some gesture to some other old time tv series and I'm not its target but I could do without the news reel. The only other one is the nods to the movies are a little excessive.

But other than that I'm enjoying how different it is from the movies as well. For example I know they blow up an entire planet but you don't actually see the people. But the scene where Cad Bane shoots the Senator in the back carried so much more weight than that entire planet. At least to me. It just seems darker in many ways.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Summers1913 -- there's a phenomenal Cad Bane arc in Season 4. Season 4 generally has some of the best bounty hunter episodes, come to think of it. It's basically Bounty Hunters Gone Wild.

11. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Are there any other "prequel" episodes besides S1E1? It took me a while to figure out what happened. And now Ziro the Hutt is in jail but the last I saw him Cad Bane was breaking him out???

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Clone Cadets from S3 is a prequel episode to Rookies from S1 with ARC Troopers being the sequel

13. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    So apparently the episode where Cad Bane kidnaps the droids for their info and meets with the Hutts was also a prequel....I guess.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The episodes are way out of order. There is a chronological order guide somewhere.

15. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  17. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Wow season 3 is all over the place.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Could still finish that one, they finished the voicework and some animation... On the other hand I'm guilty of talking to this guy apparently:
    [​IMG]

20. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Just finished the Mortis arc. Hard to see how anyone can argue Luke is the chosen one after watching that.

EternalHero likes this.
  21. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Luke? In this arc, I came to the conclusion that Anakin was the Chosen One, as it is repeated many times in the episodes...:confused:

22. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Exactly my point. Some people argue Luke is the chosen one because he did what Anakin couldn't or something. But that arc makes it pretty unquestionable.

23. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Oh ok. They way you phrased it, I thought you meant that Luke was the Chosen One. I see that I was mistaken now.

Since we are discussing this topic, IMO I never believed that this kind of prophecy existed, as well as the fact that Anakin brought Balance to the Force in ROTJ.
    For one, I don't get how balance to the Force = only Jedi, no Sith; because that is what happens in ROTJ. Vader kills Palpatine, Vader dies and Luke (possibly Leia) are the only two Jedi left.
    Now, even the word balance, does not imply that only Jedi should be left in the galaxy in order for the Force to be balanced.

24. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I think clearing that up is why the Mortis Malarky was made in the first place. Indeed there are still many fans and casual film goers who believe that it's Luke who was the true Chosen One. It just goes to show how Lucas utterly failed to change the public's perception from Star Wars being about Luke to it being about Anakin. Luke's story always will be the heart of SW.

It's a moot point in any case because we all know Ahsoka is the REAL Chosen One.

25. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Or when they first start discussing the one who will bring balance to the force and there are like a billion Jedi and only one known sith.