main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Nope, they wouldn't be.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Heh -- I can actually see that. "Rex" would actually fit a battle droid. And what, Hevy would be a big lumbering Super Battle Droid? Cutup has a vibroblade hand? Droidbait is... is.... um....er...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    A pit droid?

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You mind is far more G-rated on that path than mine.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "My legs are not moving. I must need maintenance."

6. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I'm now into Season 3 of TCW on Netflix. I'm watching the episodes in their correct order. There is no other way to watch them. I hope they make them available in this format soon.

This has been a game changer for me. I've been a fan since Season 1 (not the movie) and I've always appreciated the Prequels. But having studied the prequels closely and now watching TCW as it was intended I have to say I'm 100% finished with "defending" the Prequel Saga (I-II, TCW, III). If people can't or won't see what an extraordinary achievement this saga is . . . whatever. I am now more of a Prequel Saga fan than an OT fan. Of course I love the OT, I saw Star Wars in '77, grew up with the originals. But seriously . . . they're really light compared to the Prequel Saga. This is more like a vast novel or cycle of novels. It's on par with Frank Herbert, Jrr Tolkien, Robert Jordan and G.R.R. Martin. The depth, breadth, layers upon layers of content, the sheer ambition of the visuals -- it's just staggering. There is nothing else like it. GL did it again - and did it better IMO - it's just a party that many guests have been late arriving at. I'm seeing a slow acceptance and growing interest in the Prequel Saga. I think a complete reevaluation is inevitable. Of course the late-comer critics will make it sound like their change of opinion somehow "validates" what GL did, they'll never say "We were just wrong" and there will always be haters. But dismissing this vast, oceanic work of imaginative art because of Jar Jar or some of the writing is like dismissing Lord of the Rings because Sam is annoying sometimes and Tolkien liked to drop a "thee" or "thou" once in a while. It's only a matter of time before the magnitude of this achievement catches on.

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Awesome speech.

I agree with most of what you said. I still love the OT more than the PT, even if we considered TCW part of the PT.
    However, IMO TCW has become an essential part of Star Wars now. If someone has not watched TCW, to me, it is the equivalent of missing out on one of the SW movies. It just provides so much closure for many characters and ties up the events of the Clone Wars much better than any comic or novel has ever done before.

Seerow, cwustudent and EternalHero like this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I agree I have not seen a bad Star Wars movie yet and the Clone Wars were great as well they are all classics in there own right. I watched the Clone Wars during the original
    run but I watched Seoson six on Netflix and I am curently re watching seasons 1-5 and then season 6 again. I am so far up to season 5, i forget what episode I am up to. I am also looking forward to Rebels.

EternalHero likes this.
  9. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Not to mention it's also the only thing canon at the moment besides the movies.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've honestly never really cared about 'correct order'. I've had as much fun putting everything together watching the episodes as they aired on TV. Its amazing how well things fit together and how old episodes in retrospect gain new meaning watching the newer ones and sometimes even switching the order entirely changes my view. Personally my favorite way to watch is to create long arcs out of similar arcs. Line my 'Clone' arc or my 'Mandalorian' arc. In retrospect although Ashoka was never my favorite character I appreciate her more realizing she was a vehicle for exploring Anakin more than anything else. I think The Clone Wars is an important part of the Star Wars lore now. It did so much for Anakin's character. It not only improved the prequels and gives the big prequel finally ROTS much more impact. It also enhances to OT. I tear up when Anakin dies now man. That never used to happen.

11. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    I feel bad for Obi-Wan and Anakin that they're the ones who have to go to Genosis for the second battle (season 2). Obi-Wan in particular seemed really annoyed by it and who could blame him? Last time he was there, the locals tried to execute him, Roman gladiator-style. When it looks like his squad is about to be overrun, his face is just this heartbreaking mix of "oh, come on!" and grim determination to go down fighting. Then reinforcements arrive and he just slumps back down, totally exhausted. Poor guy.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

I've teared up all 3876 times that I've watched Anakin die. :p But yeah, TCW really did "redeem" his character in a way; we saw almost none of his good side in the prequels. Ahsoka--it was as a vehicle for exploring Anakin that I appreciated her.

13. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    I know this has been discussed and debated a bazillion times before; so I am just mentioning this: Ashoka should have been limited into what you said; being the vehicle for Anakin's exploration.
    IMO most (not all) of the arcs in which she was featured alone were unnecessary and not to my linking (unless they explored other characters, like the one with the Mandalorians)

14. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    How many episodes had voice-over work done but no animation? I saw Season 6 and it was good, barring the two part Jar Jar/Mother Talzin error. If you are going to have only 13 episodes, why go with crap storylines?

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Because they were the ones that were furthest in production when the show was cancelled.

The Bounty Hunter arc from Season 6 was voice recorded and animation begun... The Obi-Wan/Anakin arc from Season 6 was voice recorded and animation begun...

We know that the Season 7 Maul arc (being released in comic format) was not voice-recorded, but I think the Ventress actress mentioned that she had done some more so presumably she had done some for another arc appearing in Season 7, perhaps the Yoda/Wookie arc had been voice-recorded too. There were at least probably another seasons worth of voice-recordings completed with animation at various stages.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Does anyone have a list of the story arcs we didn't get? It seems like there were two left in Season 6 (Bounty Hunter and Obi-Wan/Anakin), and that the others that were in season 7 include: Darth Maul, Yoda and Wookies, Ventress, Ahsoka and Bo-Katan, and Echo. Am I missing anything?

Also, I am still flabbergasted as to why Disney could not have just let this series finish. It seems like it was just getting rolling. Hopefully someday we will get more animated content.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Off the top of my head, we didn't get:

-Boba/Bane team-up/bounty hunter arc
    -Yoda and Wookiees
    -Return to Mon Cala
    -Mandalore
    -Bad Batch arc (w/ Echo and Rex)
    -Anakin/Obi-Wan buddy arc
    -Ventress (and Vos?) arc
    -Rex and R2 arc (same as Bad Batch?)
    -Finale arc w/ RotS tie-in

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's even more than I knew of. THANKS DISNEY, not only did they do that but they also killed a number of jobs. SMH

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2014/03/10/to-fans-of-star-wars-the-clone-wars-thank-you/
    Two un-animated Maul arcs (one of which became the mini-series Son of Dathomir):
    http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/03/Season6WritersConferenceDaveNotes-75.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/03/Season7WritersConferenceDaveNotes-79.jpg
    [​IMG]

And a Padme arc:
    http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/03/Season7WritersConferenceDaveNotes-70.jpg
    [​IMG]

20. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

I was surprised too considering the massive following the show had.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I'm looking forward to Rebels but I find it ironic that Disney's plan has kind of backfired: people are still talking about The Clone Wars and wanting to see the rest of it and Rebels is turning out to be a harder sell than they'd anticipated. They really should have let TCW wrap up properly, even if it was just one more season. I hoped they've learned a lesson, that the Prequel era is just as loved and just as classic as the OT era.

22. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

This! All of THIS!

=D= =D=

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

There is still continuous chatter about TCW on tumblr and twitter. Quite a few fans are still tweeting on a regular basis about it to the major people on twitter too. Never know, if more people got involved directly, they might do something. They certainly haven't ruled out producing more, I don't think/ Filoni certainly hinted that he hopes to release them one day... so who knows?

24. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    I hear people mention this "Finale arc w/ RotS tie-in" as an unproduced arc, but the only thing that I've read in regards to it was that Dave Filoni had a pitch for an RotS lead-in/finale and George rejected it. If anyone has a link to the contrary or even a link supporting what I'm saying, I'd love to see it. But it doesn't look like it was ever going to happen.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The only arcs I would be interested in are the Bounty Hunter arc, any other arc Hondo might be in and the ROTS lead in arc.