main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree about the exploration thing. Ironic since originaly Ahsoka wasn't going to be with Anakin at all but Plo Kloon. I always wonder if the show would have been as popular if they had gone with that instead.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I keep seeing on here a lot of how Disney didn't give TCW a chance to wrap up etc. Well it had 5 years which is more than most shows get and it's not Disney's fault they decided to have the Droid arc rather than say a resolution to Maul's story (who they bought back in the first place).

As for the so called "S6" a mix of good and bad. The Order 66 arc was brilliant but that Yoda arc was utterly pointless and very pretentious and it all felt like everything was just being dragged out and when that's happening you know the well has gone dry.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Not real upset about not getting the Padme arc but cool artwork. I like the minimalist Naboo speeder with the really retro looking headlight. The first one should be cast as a poster. I'd totally get it.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Hmm it's all opinion, for me Herbert's 1st Dune was brilliant, the 2nd was ok and the 3rd was so so but the rest [face_not_talking] That goes Double triple for his son and KJA's "books".
    Tolkiens has the Hobbit (butchered 3 times by Peter Jackson)and Lord of the Rings but the Similiarion and Lost Tales are a chore. Children of Hurins ok but not really a Middle Earth style book.
    Robert Jordan is famed for just dragging out his Wheel of Time books and Martin is seen as well on the way to copying him. That and his last 2 books were appalling, Tryion Dwarf jousting on pigs [face_beatup]

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    There should be enough interest in TCW (which really has become obvious due to a lot of upset YouTube/Facebook comments and such) to start a petition to get at least those two arcs finished and released.

6. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

There is a petition already. There was a petition about saving Clone Wars from Cancellation, but it expired.

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yep. Definitely.

There can always be another petition. They are well aware the interest and desire for more is still there.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Two years on and you guys still don't get it...

9. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Care to explain what we don't get?

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can someone explain how the Yoda arc was pretentious? Lol just seems like a silly thing to say IMHO

Sent from my R2 unit

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Once you have written off an opinion as "silly," there is not much point in your getting an explanation, is there?

fett 4 and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Two years on and you still don't get it.

Clone Trooper Rex and cwustudent like this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Two years since what, exactly? The cancellation of TCW?; that was little over a year ago.

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Disney bought Lucasfilm about two years ago..

And online petitions rarely ever seem to do anything. Disney doesn't seem to care about TCW either, just their new movies and Rebels.

Maybe TCW could've lasted a little longer, but it did have a good, long run, and it ended strong. And like it or not, it looks like there's no going back.

fett 4 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Lets steer away from the personal stuff guys.

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Actually Disney cared enough to allow the show to continue and finish production on near completed episodes, as well as holding a big press launch for the TCW Netflix debut, as well as keeping the TCW actors involved with Star Wars Weekends! Filoni has even said that Disney and Kathleen Kennedy have come to realise how great TCW was. This is the important part because up until the point of the release of Season 6, prior to that we were not getting any indication of this type of stuff but now we have had indications that more stuff from TCW could still come. Filoni has hinted as much. And the voice actors are still behind it to. JAT said something quite recently which was suspicious, which made me think that there is hope within the creative talent that it can still be brought back because of the continual interest.

17. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Watching episode 2 now. Satine, you really are kind of a pill sometimes. I'm disappointed in Obi-Wan's taste in girlfriends now. At least whenever they're together, his burn quota goes through the roof.

[Obi-Wan and Satine run into a group of Death Watch guys after escaping the previous group]

Obi-Wan: okay, we stand and fight.

(To Satine)
    Or in your case, just stand.

LOL.

Sent from a device using Tapatalk

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    hlc88: I'm not saying it's completely out of the question, but after season 6 was done on Netflix, it sounds like everything else was just talk. Disney let TCW continue for a while, but the fact is they still cancelled it. And it's not like they're going to say "Forget TCW!" TCW was recent and has some popularity, so it makes sense Disney would do little things like that, give the fans something, while also hyping up Rebels, especially since it has ties to TCW, like Filoni being involved in both shows.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The best thing--maybe the only good thing--about Obi-Wan and Satine's relationship was how much **** Anakin gave Obi-Wan about it.

gracesonnet and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The "Save the Clone Wars" page on Facebook is just about to reach 10,000 followers. Looks like those TCW fans on here who were just accused of "still not getting it" by someone in this thread aren't alone. As I've always said, don't be discouraged by the naysayers especially on forums. There are many fans of this show who are looking for more of the unproduced material, and there are many more every day now that there is the Netflix audience. Once this Star Wars train gets rolling with movies and Rebels, they will start to produce more and more material, and there will be an opportunity to revisit TCW again. Just keep letting them know what you want.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    While there are a couple of those arcs that I'd watch the hell out of if they were finalized (Helllooo, Anakin and Obi-Wan by a campfire), I hope discussion will be focused on Rebels once the show starts.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's hoping but doubt it.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Only in the Rebels thread. Why should Rebels be a focus on this thread? :p

I certainly won't stop talking about TCW. :D

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I wonder if Cad Bane and the other bounty hunters that were locked up were released by Palpatine or not.

gracesonnet likes this.
  25. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    I caught the Mortis arc and I have one nit to pick at: Obi-Wan's kind of a jerk sometimes. Ahsoka's repairing the ship and is literally in the "just resting my eyes for three minutes" instead of full-on sleeping. And Obi-Wan comes up and makes some snarky comments about getting back to work instead of lazing around. Well, I don't see you helping fix the engines or even offering to help hand over tools, Mr. I Am So Snarky. So what the heck have you been doing all morning besides making coffee and thinking up passive-aggressive remarks?

I'm going to fanwank this as Anakin is such a control freak about tinkering with his ship that he's probably banned Obi-Wan from helping him in the past, just because he can't stand other people touching his stuff.* So Obi-Wan has probably gotten used to being the coffee gopher.

*I like Anakin but if he's anything like the tinkerers I know in real life, they just really don't like other people touching their stuff or "helping." They have a system and that's that.**

**I'm like this, actually.

cwustudent likes this.