main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I don't see why you're complaining about this. Obi-Wan isn't a tinkerer, and may just end up making the ship worse if he tried to fix it. Ahsoka (being Anakin's apprentice) has some skill in repairing various electronics, which is why she was working on the ship. It was in their best interest to get off the planet ASAP, so of course Obi-Wan is going to be a little annoyed if he walked in and sees Ahsoka, who was told to repair the ship just sitting around.

Besides, you even said about the tinkerers in real life how they don't like people helping. If Ahsoka was working on the ship, why would she have wanted another person (Obi-Wan) helping?

hlc88 likes this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    No kidding. Come in to a TCW thread and criticize that we're talking TCW? You have failed LACWAC!

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm talking the entire forum, guys (and ladies).

But I think you knew that already.

Of course there will be TCW discussion especially for folks like gracesonnet who are just now watching the show. And that's cool, I like getting new perspectives on old episodes and I know I'm not alone in that.

But I will find it sad if Rebels starts and we're still having April 2013 conversations about petition campaigns and/or every damn episode is compared to something in TCW, especially if it is compared negatively.

There is still discussion about the OT and the PT in their respective forums, and I participate in those, but discussion about the ST is becoming more predominant and I expect it will continue to do so closer to its release--not that people will stop discussing the PT and the OT altogether but maybe there will be fewer rehashes of the same arguments. (I can dream, can't I?)

We have a new show coming out and we will have weekly episodes to discuss this fall, so I hope we will be able to move along and discuss those, while of course having this thread and the Discussion of Old TCW Episodes thread for those who are just coming into the show/still want to discuss it.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or how about some optimism that Rebels won't screw things up or be a complete failure?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've got plenty there. Not 100 percent (coughEzrathepossiblepetcough) but the show looks really good.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I was trying not to be a d-bag about it

Sent from my R2 unit

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Meh..
    I am not convinced yet. I think the show has potential, but I am no very optimistic about it.
    Only time will tell.

8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I wish they would keep TCW going at the same time as Rebels in some way.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd be OK with that if the show had not been cancelled. What I'm hoping doesn't happen around here is a bunch of TCW vs Rebels fights.

10. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I'd like more TCW, but not alongside Rebels.
    It would be nice to have TCW when Rebels was not airing (the time between each Season). That would be great! Star Wars all-year round.

Me too. Although, I'd still compare certain aspects of TCW to Rebels; just not in a non-friendly manner :p

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

What'd be nice is every summer or two summers for the next few years we could get one (maybe even two if they have enough time and want to do more) TCW movie (the arc of episodes strung together without any cuts), based on an unfinished arc. They could do things like finish that bounty hunters arc, Battle of Coruscant arc, and more (maybe even a Delta Squad arc :3). It'd be a nice way to get more stories during the Clone Wars, while at the same time still getting our regular Rebels season and new Star Wars movie later that year.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I can almost see LucasFilm doing something similar to DC, as in making direct-to-DVD animated movies that are part of the same continuity and can sometimes vary in animation style. That would be a very cool way to see some of those "untold" TCW stories. Those become popular enough, and they can maybe even adapt some older comic or novel stories into these short movies.

13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Am I really the only person who thoroughly enjoys the Mon Cala arc? I thought it was fantastic, classic Star Wars.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked it for the most part, although it wasn't my favorite.

15. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I liked the battle and visuals in general, but the Mon Calamari's constant deference to that obnoxious prince really got on my nerves.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

I like it, definitely enjoy it. There's so much pew pewing that I'm cool with calling it classic Star Wars.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Me too, TCW will inevitably be so vastly superior no one will bother to debate it. [face_devil]

I didn't love it since there wasn't anything too interesting going on in it plot-wise, but I would still definitely say I enjoyed it for reasons I could not possibly put better than CT-867-5309 just did. Pew pew! Because of that and most if not all of its plot devices being found in classic Flash Gordon serials, I do not object to the classic label.

Incidentally, I've been reading these lately:

[​IMG][​IMG]

They are collections of comic books from the 1990's that Dark Horse put out which compiled the original Star Wars newspaper strips from the late 1970's and early 1980's (in color for the first time). Pure pulp entertainment, an interesting window into the earliest development of the saga (including the now extremely awkward groundwork for a Luke/Leia romance), and just like the Marvel Star Wars comics of the same era and the Mon Cala arc in The Clone Wars, basically all the plot devices are lifted from Flash Gordon and there is a ton of pew pewing!

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder what the Episode titles are for Son of Dathomir 1,2,4
    ( According to the last page of Part 2, Part 3 is named The Proxy War )

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    :rolleyes: Due to my lagging computer , it seems that i triple posted

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is probably an old photo, but I hadn't seen it before. Almost did a literal double-take.:p

[​IMG]

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I love your new sig. [face_laugh]

One of my kids has that TCW design on a lunch bag.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  22. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    So I was trying to scrounge up details about the unfinished TCW arcs, and came across this.

http://starwarsonsmallscreen.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-clone-wars-un.html

Does anyone happen to know of a source on the information about the transition into Ep. III arc being 3 episodes long and Ep. III parallel arcs? If that's true, it makes me even sadder that TCW was cancelled, as these are the things I wanted to see the most in the show. It's a shame hearing they would've done them had it not been cancelled. I'm looking forward to Rebels, but at the same time wishing we got some of these arcs from TCW finished. Hopefully they consider the possibility of finishing up some of these and releasing them.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The ROTS tie-in arcs can't come fast enough.

Darkslayer and Clone Trooper Rex like this.
  24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I think people are assuming there would have been a transitional arc. All we know is they had an idea but I think it was rejected by Lucas. I don't know anywhere where they would have got that information from.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    "When Dave showed this image at Celebration he described it as from an arc where Padme ended the Clone Wars"

Dave, do you even Revenge of the Sith?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.