main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Clone Trooper Rex

Clone Trooper Rex Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2014
    http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2013/01/the-end-of-clone-wars-series-has-been.html

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah, thanks for that. That does clear it up :)

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  3. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    "Bohemian Rhapsody" could work too ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    No further confirmation was needed as far as I'm concerned. It's been made perfectly clear through the years and especially so with the recent end of the Expanded Universe.

Personally, I feel that canon on-screen Star Wars shouldn't look too jarring compared to it's live-action counterpart. For all of the stylized character designs of TCW and Rebels, 3D CG animation just jives better with the films, whereas 2D is like some crude interpretation of events.

Pfluegermeister and Cevan like this.
  5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Rewatching the series, just finished watching s2e16 where we first meet Admiral Trench. Such a great episode, I absolutely love the look Trench has when it dawns on him that he's about to receive a face full of torpedoes. He sort of just shrinks with that realisation. Perfect.

6. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    I can see how "resetting" what's canon and what isn't can make things easier to follow but I did really like the 2003 series- probably as much as the CG-animated Clone Wars. It had some great moments and at the time, seemed like a fresh twist on the Star Wars universe.

Sent from a device using Tapatalk

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I don't acknowledge the full reset in terms of in universe events until the new material makes the old impossible (or at least extremely impractical, likely most post ROTJ material), or unless the old ideas were really, really awful (Force Unleashed II).

Most of what came before TCW can still at least supplement the show itself, though it doesn't seem as many here on this part of the forum agree with me, which is fine. To each their own.

8. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I am rewatching the series in chronological order, I just finished the Lair of Grievous last night. It got me wishing for more Grievous action.

I'm telling you, after Rebels they need a 2D Star Wars show, or at least more mini series.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    One thing I love about TCW is that when Sidious and Tarkin appear, they mean business. The EU would probably emphasize Plagueis instead.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It helps that both Tarkin and Sidious were used very rarely. It really gives a Sith hits the fan feel to them being on screen (granted Tarkin didn't do much in the Citadel arc. They should have left that deleted scene in!). If only TCW had more credible villains.

11. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Exactly. This may be a bit off topic, but I hope that Vader and the Inquisitor are used the same way Tarkin and Sidious were. By that I mean, not appearing too often and definitely not fighting too often.

Cevan, darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    What deleted scene?

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    Admiral Trench reminds me of someone/something but I don't know what. (Besides a large arachnid. He looks like he's a specific homage to another character-- maybe in another fandom entirely-- but I can't figure out who).

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He was in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm wondering about that - the baton, the greatcoat - have I seen that sort of military character before?

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's always been something... very Stalin... about that fellow. I think they were going for Russian but with the Sean-Connery-esque military act.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and gracesonnet like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Stalin is a tarantula.

Well played, TCW.

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They also should have stuck with Tarkin shooting Sobeck.

Give Maul a double saber and robes like those he wears in TPM. Make Savage look less like TPM Maul.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I really hated the fact that Maul never wielded his double lightsaber again. Technically, he was trained to fight with it, so he should have been better with that rather than that one he used in TCW.
    But having both Savage and Maul wielding double lightsaber would have been a little silly in my opinion...

20. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Maul apparently gets a new double-saber in the Son of Dathomir comic. Better late than never!

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    They should have given Savage a yellow double-bladed saber so then he and Maul could do like, the Rainbow Brite or Power Rangers thing. They could find a green Nightbro and a blue one and a purple one and it would be awesome. Kids would totally buy into that marketing campaign. It would be like the Night Bro Show. With Rita Repulsa Mother Talzin as the villain.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_rofl]

I want an episode called The Electric Run where they all run a 5K through Dathomir at night with loud music playing.

23. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Man, watching this show in chronological order is very interesting. The creators of this show were highly successful in creating an over-arcing narrative for this series. The first half of the show (Seasons 1 and 2 and a little bit of Season 3) are all about exposition and introduction of certain themes before the latter half of the show follows through with them. There's a story of the Jedi in the war, how they start out alright, but by the end of it have fallen away from their enlightened path, as evidenced by Jedi like Krell and Barriss, and even through Ahsoka's viewpoint of the Jedi Council. Then there's the narrative of the war itself, wherein the first half of the show deals greatly with the actual Clone Wars, while the second half deals mostly with the payoff of how the Republic has been affected by the war, seen with arcs concerning the rise of criminals and bounty hunters running amok throughout war time, gaining profit and causing destruction. By the end of the show the great and powerful Republic has seized control of (through Palpatine's machinations) banks, corporations, etc. and has centralized everything in preparation of the new empire. I think people who don't give this show's storytelling power a fair shake are mistaken in their views. This show does an excellent job of being part of the Star Wars universe and has more than earned its place.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'll say it again, having both Savage Opress and Darth Maul was a mistake. Typical GL indecisiveness coming around to bite fans in the ass. He couldn't decide if he wanted Maul back so he made Savage to "test" the idea. The only problem was by then he was bringing Maul back into a story that already had a Maul clone. Savage would have been way better by himself. If Darth Maul was coming back Savage was unnecessary. At least it made Savage's death perfect.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    But brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother