main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah I mean IU I can believe that they would say brother that much, but OU it does sound like unsophisticated writing. Then again, whenever I can say both of those things about something, I do have to ask myself if that really means it should not be a problem despite whatever it is rubbing me the wrong way.

2. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Would you rather they call each other bro all the time?

Anyway, I re watched some early season 1 episodes today, Trespass and The Hidden Enemy. Great episodes IMO, the best of season 1 along with rookies. Trespass in particular is my favorite episoe out ofthe whole season, and in my top ten episdoes. The music, the beautiful snowy landscape, Jen Hale as Senator Chuchi...Just perfect, and with a great plot to boot. Plus, is has Obi and Ani banter, Rex gets a few cool scenes, and the Talz are a great species.
    The Hidden Enemy isn't quite as good, but it has a great intro. Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting alongside the clones against droids who for once are actually lethal and not a source of comic relief...I wish that kind of thing had shown up more often later on in the show. Plus I love the music in the first few minutes. And the idea of a clone traitor is a nice idea that got expounded upon in some of the later episdoes like The Deserter.

Speaking of good music, is there a place where I might be able to listen to Trespass's soundtrack as a stand alone track? I know Kiner put some of the music up on his site, but I didn't remeber seeing anything from that episode.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I've managed to find a YT channel with some rips of TCW background music.

Here is the one you appear to be looking for; unfortunately, it's part of a small compilation of themes and is quite short. The ending music for Trespass begins at 1:41 until the end of the video:

Barriss_Coffee and Rogue Five like this.
  4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Found something interesting on the StarWars.com encyclopedia the other day...

In the databank entry for the Pyke Syndicate, it reads "From their well-guarded stronghold on Oba Diah, the Pykes oversaw the distribution of fresh narcotic spice harvested by slaves on Kessel. The Pykes relied on smugglers and unscrupulous freighter captains to pull off foolhardy Kessel Runs to deliver their prize to customers." The Millennium Falcon is also listed as being related to the Pykes.

Could Han Solo be one of those freighter captains working for the Pykes? Considering they're a creation of George Lucas, I'm inclined to think so.

5. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Hmmm, too bad that's it. Thanks for finding that, though.
    I do wish an official soundtrack for that show was available. I'd especially love to hear the Clones' theme (ie at the end of Hidden Enemy,although that version is on Kiner's site) as a long stand alone. And the nice piece of chanting from the original three Boba Fett episodes...I love that little bit. Ah well.

Circular Logic likes this.
  6. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Interesting info, and it jibes well with what someone said regarding (spoilery!) information about the background for Rebels. That is, Kessel will be part of the plot in the early episodes of Rebels (a stronghold for spice dealers, and its spice mines have numerous Wookiee slaves working there), and not only that, but the planet Stygeon (introduced in Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir) will be seen. The underworld aspects of Rebels could well involve the Pykes and Black Sun, I imagine. All of this information can be found in the upcoming Star Wars Rebels:The Visual Guide. As such, your conjecture about Han Solo being a freighter captain working with the Pykes seems to be right on the money.

Revanfan1 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I was thinking about the 'Darth Maul Returns' DTV release which compiles the last four episodes of S4 into a movie; does it have any notable added bits as it's apparently called a 'Director's Cut'?

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Nothing added. In fact, there's less footage. Two short scenes were cut that came from from Brothers: Grievous and Dooku conversing, and Ventress and Latts Razzi conversing.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That would be like putting Anakin and Clovis in the same room and saying "Don't fight."

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    :( Geez.

Mods: just an advance offer to share my wine stash.

Darkslayer and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_rofl] seriously, there are people in real life that use "bro" as much if not way more than Savage and Maul used "brother," and it's way worse!!!! Thank you for sharing that thought.

12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Savage: "Is that you, bro? bro? bro? bro? What have you done with my bro?! Answer me, you monster! It can't be - broooo! You are the bro I have been searching for! Yes, yes, we are bros! Who did this to my bro? You've been lost, my bro. [...] Patience, bro, we're almost home. Bro. Bro! We have to go."

Maul transforms.
    Savage: "Bro?"
    Maul growls: "Broooo. [...] Yes, I was lost and became a rabid animal, and such is how you found me, broooo!"
    Savage: "You can begin again, bro. [...] Then you must have your revenge, bro. [...] Bro, what are we doing here?"

Ventress: "And you have a friend now."
    Savage: "My bro."
    Maul: "Who is this, bro?"

Savage: "What now, bro? [...] Look, bro, a fortune. Bro, let us share our strength."
    Maul: "Always two there are, my bro. [...] And I shall complete your training, not as your bro, but as your master."

Savage: "The Jedi, bro, they found us!"

Maul to Vizsla: "We are bros, the true lords of the Siff."

Maul: "By putting us in prison, Vizsla has unwittingly put us in reach of several candidates for his successor."
    Savage: "Who do you mean, bro?"

Savage: "Do we kill [Kenobi] now, bro?"

Sidious guts Savage.
    Maul: "Bro!"
    Savage: "Bro, I'm an unworthy apprentice."

MercenaryAce, Cevan, Zer0 and 4 others like this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Does anybody happen to know the page that all the rumored unproduced arcs are on? Even a ballpark estimate, if anybody can remember?

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You could do a search for "season 7 and 8" or "unproduced arcs" and will probably get taken straight there.

16. Clone Trooper Rex

Clone Trooper Rex Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2014
    Here is a page someone posted a few pages back: http://starwarsonsmallscreen.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-clone-wars-un.html
    I think it's still missing some arcs, I heard of a dramatic story arc with Ventress. Read a tweet from a writer once that they were to have explored Ventress' love life?

There's the scene that Filoni teased with Anakin and Obi sitting at a campfire looking more like they are portrayed in Ep 3 with Anakin's hair being longer.

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/05/brent-friedman-writer-clone-wars-talks-season-7-8/

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Anyone happen to have a link to the clip of this Dave Filoni showed? I saw it a while back, however I can't seem to find it now.

18. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Dug this up from the TCW Bonus Content Spoiler thread:

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Focus your fire on the Jedi."

How do they know he's a Jedi? Maybe he's just a Light Side Agent.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Why isn't that scene on youtube yet? ;) More people should see what could have been, and could still be. Save The Clone Wars.

21. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I think you're in the wrong thread; this is the TCW discussion thread.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    how many of the un aired arcs do we know there are.

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Here is a list that I can remember from the top of my head:

- Bounty Hunter arc
    - Obi-Wan/Anakin arc
    - Yoda/Wookie arc
    - Son of Dathomir arc
    - Ahsoka/Bo-Katan arc
    - R2/Rex arc
    - Echo is alive arc
    - Ventress arc

8 arcs that I can remember so far but there is probably a lot more!

24. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    It also looked like we'd get a return to Mon Calamari.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Last One : bringing the discussion about Satine and Obi-Wan here. That is one reason why I enjoyed that episode, because that scene did have some emotional resonance. I started watching the show due to Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship and I liked seeing this aspect of Obi-Wan's past.

I felt for him when Satine died in his arms. I probably would have felt more if I had actually liked Satine--I didn't--but I definitely felt for Obi-Wan.