main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. The Last One

The Last One Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2014
    anakinfansince1983 - Obi-Wan and Anakin's bond is strong. However they could have made it much better by adding a few key elements.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What would you like added?

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    A love triangle with those two and Rex.

4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, everything is better with Rex.

moonjump05 and gracesonnet like this.
  5. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    New Clone Wars book coming next year about Ventress and Quinlan Vos! Based on unproduced episodes. Info from Twitter.

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

[​IMG]
    And instead we got this:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    The Ventress/Vos arc is going to be made into a novel by Christie Golden, they just announced it at Comic Con.

https://twitter.com/TheApexFan/status/492784950005870592

It was a season 7 script which featured Lucas input it seems, Ventress will have hair and the novel will deal with "very adult themes" but not sexy time sort of adult themes.

Sounds like they showed the cover and Ventress looked "crazed".

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be interesting. More TCW content! Wish it were the Hondo stuff but hey PT/TCW era is still going to get content.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Oh man, I'm really looking forward to this next chapter in Asajj Ventress' story. And bringing in Quinlan Vos too! =P~

BTW, here's the (tentative) cover:
    [​IMG]

11. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    edit: jedi'd

Glad this is happening! I was afraid they were dusting the prequel era under the rug, but this and Maul means there is hope for the rest of The Clone Wars being released in some fashion.

12. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    And now we know who Ezra's parents are...:D

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    FANTASTIC NEWS!

I would be quite happy for the rest of the TCW unaired arcs to appear in novel form. I hope this one is a success. It would pave the way for more!

cwustudent and Clone Trooper Rex like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why the hell did she raid Anakin's wardrobe?

I typed up the rest of what I think of this in this thread.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Glad to see we're getting another unfinished TCW story put out there. I'd much rather have them made into novels and comics then not made at all. I do hope, however, that if they're able to finish the story for their Battle of Coruscant arc, it's produced as an actual direct to digital movie (could even air it on Disney XD first if they wanted) rather than made into a comic or novel. I feel that that is far too important to just be made into just a novel or comic.

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it would be a waste to leave arc outlines totally unseen or heard from again.

I'm waiting for the James Luceno novel with the working title "Obi-Wan and Anakin Talk **** Around a Campfire."

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Great news, I'm glad we're getting more of these unfinished TCW tales sooner rather than later. I probably won't read the novel, but I'll be really interested in what happens.

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  18. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    You know, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we also get the rest of the arcs in some form including the fate of Rex.

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    He seems to be interested in some sort of book about Obi-Wan and Satine, which would be great in my opinion. If they do make it at some point, I'm hoping it's when Obi-Wan first meets Satine, before TPM, and he and Qui-Gon have to protect her from whatever was after her (I forget what it was).

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be amazing. I'm really interested as well, since they never explored that story more then about ten seconds of Obi-Wan mentioning it in the Clone Wars.

Anyway, the Ventress book looks like it could be really good. Anyone here think there will be some type of romance between Ventress and Quinlan?

starocean90 likes this.
  22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    It is great news indeed that they intend to release these unanimated stories in some form or another. I am so far enjoying the Son of Dathomir comic series adapting the next chapter of Maul's story, and the advantage of having this arc written in novel or comic form is that they could show scenes that may not have passed the censors had they been animated. The fact that the Ventress and Vos story will have adult themes does sound very promising. Filoni emphasizes that having this story told in a novel would allow them to get into the minds of the characters, so that we'll experience their internal as well as their external conflicts; the former would be more difficult to show in a 22-minute episodic format. So even though these stories never made it to animation, we are getting the next best thing.

Yeah, it would be nice if they release a novel about Satine and Obi-Wan's past, and in doing so giving us a glimpse of the Mandalorian Civil War that eventually drove out the Death Watch and allowed the New Mandalorians to be the dominant faction in the planet. Assuming they keep the True Mandalorian warrior clans in canon though (I really hope so!), then they can recanonize elements of old Mandalorian EU and give us a more natural transition back to Mandalore's warrior clan system following the fall of Satine's New Mandalorian government. Perhaps we will learn that Mandalore was made up of far more clans than just the New Mandalorians during the run of Rebels, when they delve into Sabine's past.

The story you are thinking of is when a young Obi-Wan and his Master Qui-Gon went to Mandalore to protect the young Duchess from insurgents who refused to recognize her as their leader. It's shown in this picture:
    [​IMG]

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Interesting. This will be one book I will buy!

Actually, I'm planning on buying all the books they release... but in paperback form... unless its books I really want then hardback it will be. Ventress novel will certainly be hardback for me!

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just watched Bounty again to take my mind off of in light of this news.

And because watching That Beautiful Woman open a can of whoop-ass on the most deserving people for 22 solid minutes never gets old.

If she did nothing else in the show other than impale a creepy sexist thug with her lightsaber and make young Boba STFU, I would be a fan.

But there is so much more to her in seasons 3 and 4, hell, just in this episode.

25. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Quick question from someone who has never watched anything ever. What's the difference between the two "Clone Wars" series? I mean, besides the animation. Which is the one everyone loves? And do you have to see the early series to understand the more recent one? Quick help would be appreciated. Sorry for crashing your thread.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.