main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ah interesting point, forgot about audio version of novels. Those are very different from the radio drama style of audio that Darth_Harmon mentioned since they just feature the one guy reading the lines. I guess beggars can't be choosers at this point. I just hope for the novel, audiobook, and concept art at this point. A Radio Drama or animated feature are a pipe dream...

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    My only issue with audiobooks are when they have a female dominated story with a male reader, and vice versa. I forgot which novel it was, but I recall a really bad attempt at Leia by the male reader.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not an audiobook/radio drama fan myself. I think the only time I've listened to an audiobook was in 2001 when I moved across the state and had to drive five hours in a compact car filled with an obscene amount of stuff and an ornery-ass cat. He meowed for about 45 minutes then fell asleep to the soothing sounds of Michael Crichton's Timeline.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Is TCW available in HD on Netflix?

The HD symbol isn't showing on the desktop version but the iOS app states the episodes and movie are HD - but they don't play in HD.

I was certain Season 6 was in HD.

5. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    They're in HD.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I just realized...there's something deliciously ironic about the final episode of TCW taking place on a planet called Moraband.

Barriss_Coffee and gracesonnet like this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    What do you mean?

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The show was moribund - dying.

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Has there been any words about an eventual release of an complete TCW visual dictionary that encompasses the movie and all the six seasons?

gracesonnet likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just watched the Mauldalore Arc again. It is simply amazing. To me, it's easily better The Empire Strikes Back, I kid you not. Every single time I watch these 3 episodes, it leaves me in awe. EVERY. FREAKING. TIME.

Good luck Rebels. You're gonna need it.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The Mauldalore arc consists of four episodes, not three (Revival, Eminence, Shades Of Reason & The Lawless).

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Mauldelore arc has Shades of Reason, and the Holiday Special is better than that tripe.

Eminence and The Lawless were good, but not ESB quality by any means.

Lord_Anzeroth likes this.
  14. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Watch it, lady. [face_phbbbbt]

ESB doesn't have Darth Sidious kicking ass. Therefore, The Lawless can only ever be better. :p

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    so I think now that we are getting the ventress book we will at least get a few more tow arcs. Rex anyone.

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    So Darth Maul and his half-wit brother and their fanboy wet dream fantasy escapades are better than Empire Strikes Back? Now I know how Adi felt when Savage (worst name) head butted her.

I am so done.

That's enough internet for today.

AkashKedavra_93 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sidious kicking ass was cool.

But...it wasn't ESB.

To each his own though. Just don't try to get me to love Willie Scott! Satine Shades of Reason.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Dismissing the mind-blowing awesomeness incarnate that was The Lawless as mere "fanboy wet dream fantasy escapades" sounds like complaining that the episode was too good to me, but yeah, no TCW > ESB.

19. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I enjoy TCW more then TESB, but probably because I grew up with Ahsoka and not Luke. Haha.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your parents didn't show you the OT when you were a kid? :eek:

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Color me shocked.

revan772 likes this.
  22. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    They did, I remember getting into Star Wars by buying a Luke, R2-D2 and C-3PO action figure after watching the original movies. But what got me obsessed was Revenge of the Sith, which led into the EU (a bunch of games and novels), and then The Clone Wars, which I enjoy more then the movies. I know, I know, most people do not agree, I just like the series more then the movies. I still love all of it as a whole, though. :)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    There's nothing wrong with that, and you don't have to apologize for it. There are plenty of fans these days who grew up with Prequels and the Clone Wars and have a passion for those that surpasses their feelings for the OT. It shows how great and diverse the fanbase is, and how much in the galaxy there is out there to love. It also shows that Lucasfilm will be foolish to leave certain characters and eras behind in favor of the newer era.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I asked my kids about this after the last few posts.

Oldest one's favorite character is Obi-Wan but he does prefer TCW to the films.

Youngest one: "Mom, you know I don't watch Star Wars."

Touché.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This should be you right now:

[​IMG]

AkashKedavra_93 and revan772 like this.