main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93 the way I rank the prequels matches yours exactly (relative to each other, not out of ten individually), but as much as I love TCW there's no way I could give it the same ranking as Ep. IV. That has to get a 10 with Ep. V, if not an 11/10!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Overlooked?! Bounty is, like, one of the top episodes of the series!
    Because of the change in tone and subject matter, watching Bounty in the middle of Darth Maul Returns is difficult. I like to keep Talzin and her meddling separate from Bounty.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Bounty has Ventress taking shots. That alone gives the episode a 10.

4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Seriously. She was just like "FML, I'm getting wasted."

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She still had enough of her faculties to stab the sexist ***hole who was bothering her.

Just the beginning of an epic run of me mumbling "god I love that woman" for 22 minutes when I watch that episode.

6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    And then just when I thought it couldn't get any more awesome...

"You have no idea who you're dealing with! I - *choking noises*"

"You have no idea who you are dealing with."
    ^:)^

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Bounty is definitely one of the best episodes. It has Ventress kicking ass and getting some poignant character development, lots of bounty hunters showing off what they got in combat (seeing Boba, Bossk and Dengar on the team was cool & I am still something of a fan of C-21 Highsinger and Latts Razzi) and lots of fast paced fighting and well-staged dramatic moments (the intensity is practically through the roof).

8. Clone Wars 82

Clone Wars 82 Jedi Padawan

Aug 5, 2014
    I want these episodes to be completed like planed. Instead of put in comics and books. Like the bounty hunter one would not be as good if it's in book or comics because you will not hear Banes evil voice and see his evilness. I would like to see Netflix finish them since Disney has fallen to the Dark side and will not finish them. If you agree with me please help this potion that I found
    https://www.causes.com/profiles/188009847

Clone Trooper Rex and cwustudent like this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I just saw the Fives arc finally. I already knew what happened to Tup in some detail due to the previews last year, but geez... poor Fives. For some reason I had been under the impression Anakin was the main character of this arc and Fives was just a player in the sidelines. I didn't even think he was all that interesting before this arc.

And Nala Se is SO much worse than Krell. At least Krell would tell you he wants to kill you to your face.

10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Seriously, the Kaminoans are the worst. The whole time I wanted Shaak Ti to just cut Nala Se's fricken head off.

11. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Shut UP, Nala Se. Ugh.

12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Also, Commander Fox is a kinslayer, accursed in the eyes of gods and men. (I know that's Game of Thrones, but still. Fox sucks.)

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm hijacking this thread to talk about the great episode, "Evil Plans." What could be better than Cad Bane, jogan fruit, a mini R2 and 3PO adventure, a droid spa, and droid torture? There's even a fruitcake-loving Roonan senator. Truly, this episode is a huge highlight of just how great TCW could be.

In all seriousness though, I geniunely liked Evil Plans, and fail to see why so many people 'round here always like to dish out the hate for it. Sure there wasn't some big action sequence, but there doesn't always need to be.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Cad Bane had R2 and C-3PO and let them go. Are you kidding me? Plot hole much?

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked it as well. The droid spa was funny, and I appreciated the Anakin/Padme domestic scene.

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    If he hadn't let them go, it would've drawn quite a bit of suspicion. The last thing Bane needs is to get caught by the Republic before he even breaks Ziro out.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    He only had 3PO, and let him go after erasing his memory of being captured. If 3PO had gone missing, Padme would have sent people out to look for him, and that could lead to them finding out that he's going to attack the senate building.

Edit: Ninja'd

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    He had R2 as well, as R2 was the only one between the two of them with the layout to the Senate Building.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Ah. My mistake then. It's been a while since I watched it.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Then find another more believable way to break Ziro out! He had the personal droids of Anakin and Padme. We are supposed to believe that he would give up something as valuable as that? If I was in his shoes I wouldn't. Were Anakin and Padme even concerned that the droids were missing? Unless Anakin put a tracker on R2 after the Droids duology, Cad Bane could have been off of Coruscant and half way across the galaxy before Anakin could do anything. Palpatine is Chancellor for crying out loud! Have him as Sidious give Dooku give Bane the codes and frame some pesky senator. Problem solved. Was this episode even needed? The other stuff was cool and all but did we really need to see how Cad Bane was able to sneak into the Senate building?

21. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    What about this plan was not believable? Bane kidnaps R2, gets the plan for the senate building from him, wipes the memory of both him and 3PO, and drops them off so that no one suspects anything.

Why would Cad Bane leave Coruscant with the droids when his mission is to rescue Ziro? I have a feeling the Hutt Council is paying Bane more to breakout Ziro than Bane would earn by selling the droids somewhere. Besides, he's a bounty hunter not a salesman. Unless his mission is to get those droids for someone, he's not going to do it.

Anakin and Padmé were actually quite concerned that the droids were taking a while to get back. They sent them out to get the jogan fruit, which was needed right away. Besides, there's no way they'd just abandon their droids if they went missing. If R2 vanished, Anakin would go out search everywhere for him.

Sidious wasn't involved with Bane's mission to break out Ziro at all; the Hutt Council hired him, not Sidious. Why on earth would Sidious just let Bane run off with R2 and 3PO anyways? There's no point whatsoever in Bane having them.

22. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

There were literally two episodes based on that premise.

cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  23. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep, which is why if R2 vanished once again Anakin would once more go out and scour all over to get him back.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I just think that R2 and C3PO are more valuable targets to have than a Hutt.
    Then again if it was the Hutt council, then Sidious might not know................. Yeah right.
    The whole situation seems way too contrived imo. Not as bad as Barriss the bomber but close.

25. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Why? They're just two droids.