main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Two important droids. No way Bane didn't study this. The personal R2 unit of Anakin Skywalker and the Protocol droid of Padme? What Jedi Order secrets or Senate secrets were encased in them? Seriously? If you were in that position would you give that up? I wouldn't. In that R2 lost thing didn't they have video evidence of that Junker? What do they have in this case? Yeah the Droids adventure was cool and all but use 2 other droids! That episode breaks my suspension of disbelief.

2. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I do t see why Barriss is so unbelievable as a bomber. Lots of seemingly rational people have done extremely brutal things before, often to their friends and loved ones with a motive that could only make sense to them. Barriss's betrayel is a highlight of this show for me, and I think without her shocking turn I wouldn't have enjoyed this series as much as I do now.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dunno what was going on with the Bardotta eps. Was Jar Jar dating a female Mars Guo? And then there was slomo dancing or something?

[​IMG]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The believability of it is not the issue for me. We've got a conversation about this going on in the Barriss in Rebels thread now.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    On Evil Plans, I liked the Anakin and Padmé scene and the politics of flattery. Bane kidnapping the droids was fine, but I wasn't a fan of the droid spa sequence. It was well-done and funny, but it just felt extremely out of place. Essentially, the parts were fine individually, but as a whole it felt extremely unsatisfying. Sort of like a puzzle that was flawed in its production and never completely comes together.

Barriss_Coffee and gracesonnet like this.
  6. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

They may be important droids, but Bane's mission was to get the plans for the Senate Building and free Ziro, not steal two important droids. If he kept the droids it would've drawn quite a bit of suspicion, and Anakin would no doubt go out looking for them. The last thing Bane needs is to get captured before he even completes his mission. Besides, Bane is a bounty hunter, not a salesman. I doubt he'd go around the galaxy selling information to people, it just doesn't seem like his style.

7. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    "As long as I live, Chancellor, I will let no harm come to you."
    "Well, let's hope for your long and prosperous life, Anakin...One shudders to think where the galaxy will be without the Jedi."
    --season 4, "Crisis on Naboo," Palpatine and Anakin

BWHA HA HA HA....heh. :D

Did Dooku expect the plot to kidnap/execute Palpatine to succeed during that story arc? He knows Palpatine is Sidious (...he does know that, right?) so he can't actually kill Palpatine or probably even Anakin. But if Anakin and Obi-Wan had failed to rescue Palpatine on Naboo, what would he and Dooku have done?

I just wonder if sometimes Sidious and/or Dooku don't think things through all the way. "You had a plan for getting in but not for getting out!?!?", you know?

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    That entire episode was the epitome of stupid writing and wasted opportunities.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Anakin Skywalker asking Obi-Wan how many times the Jedi Council has lied to him after they manipulated the crap out of him is a crucial moment for the character in the SW saga.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I found it terribly contrived from the start, which invalidated the whole thing for me.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    gracesonnet , you nailed it, there was no plan, there could not have possibly been a plan. Enjoying this episode requires suspension of logic and avoiding any kind of "What if?" scenarios.

Fortunately for me, when an episode is heavy on Anakin and Obi-Wan, I'm able to do that. I could probably watch the two of them sit in the Jedi Temple and exchange Huttese words from the Galactic Translators Guide and give the episode an 8/10. "Eechuta."

The episode also had Anakin getting electrocuted for the 97285th and an ESB dinner table rip-off.

Barriss_Coffee and gracesonnet like this.
  12. Clone Trooper Rex

Clone Trooper Rex Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2014
    I think you are missing the Rex & R2 arc for Season 8: https://twitter.com/BFree63/status/489681413227036672

HEDGESMFG and cwustudent like this.
  13. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Honesty, Anakin getting electrocuted will never not be awesome. In real life, it's horrible of course, but when it's Anakin? Gold.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    When I reviewed the episode in the Discussion of Old TCW Episodes thread, I mentioned that that was probably what happened to his brain in ROTS. Too many electric shocks killed his prefrontal cortex.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I can see how not giving something a chance would lead to lack of appreciation for a pivotal moment in the saga.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What's pivotal? The conversation with Obi-Wan about the Council?

I dunno, I thought the whole kidnapping plot was contrived myself and as I mentioned when I reviewed it, we knew it wouldn't go through because of ROTS. Palpatine wasn't getting kidnapped.

But that said...other than Anakin and Obi-Wan, the other thing I enjoyed was Padme getting an outfit change. I was starting to think she was joining her handmaidens in not taking baths.

Pfluegermeister and cwustudent like this.
  17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Welp, so I am. That narrows the episode count down even further. We could be looking at 10 or less episodes that we now know nothing about.

I truly hope we'll get a complete list of all the planned arcs one day, if not full adaptations.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Exactly. This is one of the very few moments in which the audience can observe Anakin revealing his rightfully growing skepticism of the Jedi. Considering the six films plus TCW to be a saga about Anakin's fall and redemption, I absolutely consider that a pivotal moment.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I actually thought the Hardeen incident was the only time in TCW or the movies when Anakin had any right to be pissed at the Council.

As such I took the conversation with Obi-Wan as just reflective of that incident, and even then, it was a bit over the top. Obi-Wan deserved a little heat for going along with the decision but he was not the one who made it.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That is a primary reason why I called it a pivotal moment in the saga.

The wording of "how many times...?" implied to me that there were other times when Anakin felt the Jedi Council was lying to and/or manipulating him and this was his boiling point at which he finally put the question to Obi-Wan. Previous, less dramatic examples he could easily have been referring to can be found in The New Padawan and the Citadel arc.

Mia Mesharad and cwustudent like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin is so temperamental that I never took anything he said, at least when he was in that kind of mood, at face value. Dude reached a boiling point over something as simple as his utility belt chafing him.

The Citadel arc--I agree, I would just blame Plo Koon rather than the entire Council, as should Anakin. The New Padawan--need to look that one up, not ringing any bells.

gracesonnet likes this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm just referring to them lying to and manipulating him to get him to take Ahsoka as his Padawan. I'm sure at some point he wondered about exactly how that went down and connected the dots, and probably never said anything about it (unless one counts the implication we're discussing). It was well-intentioned and didn't have any terrible consequences, but it was still the start of them flippantly lying to and manipulating him, and I'd be very surprised if he never figured that out. He's smart enough when he has his reflective moments, they're just very rarely on-screen.

Of course you have a fair point about Anakin's outbursts, but I guess I tend to think of TCW Anakin as the "real" Anakin, and his anger was much more focused when it was shown in the series than the PT, so I guess I take what he says when he's angry a lot more seriously when it's on the show. "Slaver scum!" :mad: rather than "he's holding me back!" :_|

23. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    The original pilot episode, basically the first 20 minutes of the movie.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Actually, the true pilot episode was the second 20 minutes of the movie. The airing schedule for the first season was wildly different from the original production order.

cwustudent likes this.