main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    yea, thats right Durge was early on, but not confirmed to appear in later seasons that I know of, wouldve been cool to get them characters included.

The Boba Fett arc does seem legit and likely as it was supposedly filmed but not added to Netflix or the German release that had the episodes first.

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Somebody here (I think it was Watto ?) posted a quote from Filoni that made it sound like the story team was deciding whether or not they wanted to keep the fates of characters like Bane as they were intended for TCW, or change them and bring the characters into Rebels.

Personally, I'd be annoyed as all hell if that were true. We shouldn't be deprived of important stories just because they retroactively decide they don't like them.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah I shared that originally, here's the link again: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/sdcc-2014-star-wars-rebels-interviews/1100-149364/ I do want to say that i am good with them changing the story arcs a bit if it means that we'll get to see them again in animated form on something like Rebels. I'd rather have animated arcs than comics or novels, as long as they stay true to the characters. That could also mean releasing a comic or book with the original TCW story as long as that character, i.e. Bane or Embo, do not die in the story. They can still have adventures later in Rebels as long as they are true to form, and since Filoni is running both shows he can retain that consistency. There could be cases also where you produce the novel based on TCW arc but change it so the character doesn't die, then you can use them again in Rebels. Really no different from Lucas deciding to keep Han and Lando alive in Jedi rather than killing them off, which was on the table.

Here's the quote:
    "I would probably lean more towards creating new ones than actually reusing guys. I would love to find a way to get Embo or Cad Bane in there but their stories are in some ways up in the air. We were working on more stories with both of them in Clone Wars. Part of what we did is we figured out all of the stories we're telling with George when we say "okay, what are we keeping? What do we we like and will we use it in a different way?" So you never know. Cad gets a lot of likes and it means something when we're in the story room."

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I agree we saw them together only once before she turned all evil.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I have seen worse love triangles in Animated shows "cough Korra cough"

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I rewatched Shadow Warrior today. What was up with the pacing in that episode?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    More like what was up with that episode?

Because I forgot that it exists. Now I need to go re-forget it.

8. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    It seemed like a leftover season 1 episode.

9. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    It was worse than the worst episode in season 1. Mostly because of how they resolved it. (Swap Anakin for Grievous, are you ****ing kidding me?)

Doop likes this.
  10. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Plus that all happened within the final minute.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm the only one who kind of liked it but I've got a soft spot for pre-ROTS Anakin/Padme.

Dooku certainly trolled the hell out of Padme with that exchange offer though.

12. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    There are certain things I liked about Shadow Warrior, such as Dooku's quote about the Sith controlling everything and the war starting on Naboo all those years ago. I liked the idea of Rish Loo's black magic as well, as it is the first time in canon Star Wars we've seen magic that isn't just someone using the Force or a Nightsister. Other than that, I didn't care for the episode at all. The way they defeated the Droid Army was basically the same as in Episode I, just simpler, and Grievous got captured by a bunch of Gungans (the only thing worse would to be have Gascon and WAC take Grievous down). I also am not a fan of how Lyonie conveniently looks exactly like Jar Jar. Lucky thing Nass wasn't Boss anymore, right?

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  13. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    But Nass was awesome! He was Brian Blessed!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was fine with Grievous getting defeated by Gungans as Jar-Jar's "Wesa warriors" comment finally made sense.

credar and cwustudent like this.
  15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    That wasn't the part that bothered me. It was the last part of the episode that bothered me.

16. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Refresh my memory. What specifically bothered you?

17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Swapping Anakin for Grievous.

18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I wasn't saying he wasn't awesome. I was joking around saying it's a good thing Nass wasn't the Gungan leader anymore, otherwise Jar Jar couldn't have impersonated the Boss.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I know that's what you meant. I just wanted to talk about Brian Blessed.

Cevan and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

The main thing that bugged me about that was that Padmé was the one to make the decision. She doesn't even contact Palpatine or the Jedi Council, she just decides to trade Anakin for Grievous even though Grievous' capture was a pretty huge victory.

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    the thing about Shadow Warrior is that it is one of the moments when Jar Jar was actually likable to me....his whole dealing with Greivous and trying to get out of the room.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    So, does anyone here feel as if Jar Jar was less annoying in TCW compared to the movies?

I for one, found him tolerable.

Sgt Crowfield and TheMDOSS1313 like this.
  23. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Jar Jar got rescued from the scrappy heap in TCW. I just think his humor and antics just carry over better in a cartoon than the live action movies.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Bombad Jedi and the Bardotta arc.

*slinks away*

credar and Kablob like this.
  25. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I did like when Jar Jar confronted Greivous and was all nervous in the room. That was pretty funny.