main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Jar Jar being rescued from the scrappy heap. That concept is just too much for me to wrap my head around.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Not the only one. ;) Padme wasn't pouring syrupy platitudes in my ears, so I'll thank the writer(s) for that. My favorite moment was that duel! Oh, Anakin, my hero. [face_love] I think my only gripe was Tarpals' unnecessary death, which was utter bantha poodoo. Why didn't they close his eyes?!
    It was a fair exchange: a general for a general. Do you feel that leader of the droid army holds more value than the (alleged) Chosen One?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Considering how much of a deal capturing him is in ROTS, yes, I do. Anakin isn't anywhere near as important for the overall Republic war effort as Grievous is for the Separatists. The whole chosen one thing is only important to the Jedi.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  4. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    *zips up flame suit*

5. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    So, any guesses as to the "really cool" Clone Wars news we'll be getting this week?

I mean, it'll probably just be a DVD boxset or something like that, but it's fun to speculate.

6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    ...guys, you realize that metaphor makes absolutely no sense, right?

7. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Wow. Thanks for pointing that out. I did not catch that. XD

If it is cool, then it will only freeze the Hoth ice further. Not melt it. :D

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    There's this rumor.

I'm not holding out hope, though.

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Hope is all we have left.

10. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Unfortunately I can't really see that happening. If it does, though, I will be extremely overjoyed. I'm still holding on to the hope that is may happen, though.

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'll just say that I disagree. [face_peace]
    And Palpatine. If Palpatine didn't also put stock in the prophecy, he wouldn't have molested poor Anakin's brain for thirteen years.

12. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    It is our new hope. Our only hope.

13. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up for new content (whether that be straight-to-online new episodes, comic/novel adaptations of the novels, etc) because it's almost definitely going to be a let down.

I'm not succeeding very well, though. Part of me is still clinging to that tiny thread of hope.

gracesonnet, Doop and Cevan like this.
  14. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I rewatched Nomad Droids today. Such a good episode. I loved the droids vibe from it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

That the one with the Brownie-like natives and Willow-like scene?

16. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Yes. Its a two parter.

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    He had his moments...The Gungan General when he was leading the Clones and telling them they would be safe in the geyser as long as the animals were around, during the battle of Mon Calamari where his spit saved padme....

It was something that salvaged a completely useless character who with hindsight seems was written in to the show just to be manipulated into calling for the vote on the creation of the army.

18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    "great..it's gonna be another one of those planets..."

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I loved how in the episode commentary for the Mon Calamari arc, Filoni mentioned how after everyone got the script Catherine Taber came up to him and went:

"Dave, Jar-Jar spits on me." [face_plain]
    "But you're underwater and it-"
    "Dave, Jar-Jar spits on me." :mad:

And then there was:
    3PO: "The ship has been destroyed."
    Padme: "How? Droids?"
    3PO: "No."
    Padme: "Jar-Jar?"
    3PO: "Jar-Jar."

Classic.

Also classic.

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    It's hard to get hope up but...the possibility of getting the Bounty Hunters arc. The possibility is there.

[face_praying]=P~

21. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    Or the Rex arc(/Echo arc? Not sure if they were supposed to be the same). Or the Ahsoka and Bo-Katan episode. Or the arc exploring how Anakin reacted to Ahsoka leaving. Or the other arc featuring Yoda. Or...

Any of the arcs. I would give my right arm be over the moon to get any new content.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I would find it really surprising if these rumors about new TCW episodes being released will turn out to be true.

23. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    Eh Shadow Warrior was a fun episode. Yeah, it was extremely silly, but it was fun. I mean they threw Grievous, the shortest tempered large ham of the series in the same room with Jar Jar. That scene alone was worth it.
    Regarding Grievous's capture...ehh as someone who always hated the microseries' Villain Sue version of the General, it didn't really bother me. What did bother me however, was the animation of the fight scenes....The Anakin vs Dooku and Magnaguards was easily worse than Season 1's weakest moments. Also, the idea behind the Gungans capturing Grievous through outnumbering him wasn't realized, because the budge for the scene was consumed by having to animate the rain, (that came from nowhere and ended in the moment the battle was over) leaving the actual fight rather underwhelming. Putting that storm there really was a stupid idea (although I admit, visually that rain looked freaking awesome).

As for Jar Jar I think the reason he works better in TCW than TPM is because he's an actual character here, and not just a running gag. Instead of just tagging along and being clumsy, he's constantly and actively trying to do something to help those around him. Instead of just funny stuff happening to him because why not?, he puts actual effort into whatever he's doing, which makes him more likeable, which in turn makes it easier to laught at his antics.

24. Luke_Barshack

Luke_Barshack Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2014
    I agree that it's unlikely we'll get new content. I was secretly hoping to see some of the arcs adapted into direct to video 'movies' in the background of all the Rebels focus over the next year to truly segue the show into ROTS - but I don't think we'll ever see the series truly 'completed'.

It's frustrating (maybe it brings out my slight OCD?). It still breaks my heart to think of all the unused Young Indy scripts that would have taken the character closer to the 'Raiders' era.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Just a thought...maybe Rex got out...was wounded and did not participate in Order 66 as he was in the hospital but found about about it and bailed...said to himself "this ain't the Republic I signed up for...Fives was right...somethin is wrong with it all."

Spending the rest of his day with his brother Cut and the family on the farm.