main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    We got robbed of what would have been an epic lightsaber duel....Pong Krell vs General Greivous

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    The number of sabers on screen would have been painful to look at. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    "All I remember is a blur of flashing blue and green....and then the seizure started"

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The scene where Krell cut loose on the clones was a lot more interesting than any conventional lightsaber duel anyway.

Vorax likes this.
  5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

The plot thickens! Oh man, if we end up getting the bounty hunter arc I'll be so excited. Getting to see Cad Bane and Boba team up, along with a bunch of other bounty hunters would be fantastic. I wonder though if they'll be released as part of the TCW series and be given episode numbers in season 6?

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, I agree. Was nice seeing Clones get cut up, and Jedi vs Clones scenario for a change. Not sure Ventress or Grievous is the same thing. We didnt get to see much of that in ROTS, there were brief scenes or montages, we had a little Jett, Yoda and Kenobi fighting Clones for a few seconds the rest of the Jedi are seen mostly being assassinated and the temple invasion was lackluster.

Umbara was also interesting is that those were rebels fighting for their own planet, they just seceded from the Republic. So the episode served a few purposes, plus going into the minds of the Clones and how they obey orders.

7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    It wouldn't be epic because Grievous would run away. :p

Vthuil, Doop and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  8. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Every. Episode. In. Season. One.

EVERY EPISODE

9. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    And he would do that weird skittering thing he always does WHEN he runs away. And, as surely as a Duke boy will slide across the hood of the General Lee, he'll then do that flipping thing he does when he climbs into the escape vehicle of his choice.

10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    The weird thing is that Ventress also tends to run away, but she somehow still manages to look badass while doing it.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Cause he's a crab, that's why :p

12. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Except for Arc Troopers and Massacre (possibly Nightsisters as well, but I'm not sure). Heck, Grievous, had to rescue her in Arc Troopers.

13. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Even then, she still looked badass.

It's like Grievous runs away because "Crap I might lose better get outta here"

While Ventress runs away because "Ha! You can't kill me!"

14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Ehhh, maybe just a tiny bit, but not so much. She got surrounded by Anakin and a bunch of clones, and clearly didn't have the upper hand. Grievous on the other hand threw Obi-Wan off the platform; his part in the battle was done, so the only reason he left was to go pick up Asajj, who was supposed to retrieve the DNA (which she failed at).

15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    That reminds me.

I really do wish Grievous had fought Shaak Ti in Arc Troopers instead of Kenobi for the tenth time.

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

That would've been nice to see. I wish they would've had Grievous face off against some other Jedi instead of Kenobi in the Young Jedi arc. Would've made his impending attack on Florrum seem all the more threatening, as they could've had him kill the Jedi and decimate their fleet rather than fight Kenobi again, let him escape, and almost die in the self-destructing star destroyer.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Which Obi-Wan was stupid enough to warn Grievous about before it happened.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Clone Wars wouldve been more interesting if they explored other Jedi by themselves or with someother Jedi partner or their apprentice and not have Skywalker, Tano, Kenobi or Yoda and Windu. I think they tried sometimes but there was never really solo arcs without any of the major trio involved.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Come and get me, boys." :D

cwustudent, Pfluegermeister and Doop like this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sith already had access to the DNA, never really made sense sending in vital commanders like Ventress or Grievous where they couldve been killed over a ruse. There was so many alien or droid commanders they couldve used as expendable underlings.

21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    How did Filoni and the crew manage to drag out some arcs for four episodes? I'm writing my own sci-fi animated show, and I'm having trouble wriitng out arcs.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably cause there is more than one writer and a storygroup and think tank I guess. Often Filoni liked certain oddball characters that were often stupid so some of those characters and stories may of came easy or pushed forward to get them done.

23. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    Not true! He made Kit Fisto run in "Lair of Grievous".
    Ventress wasn't as ridiculously overpowered in the microseries as Grievous was (not sure about the comics, but given the list of Jedi kills Grievous had there, I guess the same holds there as well), so the expectaions for her weren't as ridiculously high.

Cevan and Iron_lord like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently they were locked into the arc concept after a certain point in season 3 or 4 so they had no choice but to drag it out.

25. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

I mean it depends what audience you are aiming for. Some of the arcs were childish i.e. Both Droid arcs. For a children's show or having a child audience you can let the writing lag a little bit because it does not need to have that much depth. That happens with a lot of shows.