main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    So, when it was first announced that there was exciting Clone Wars news coming up, one of my more skeptical online friends made a post saying that if the announcement proved worthy, she would literally sing for joy...and by that, she meant that she would write and perform a Clone-Wars-inspired Disney song.

Naturally, I held her to it when it turned out that we got the Utapau arc, so if you want to listen to a song about TCW to the tune of Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, you can do that here.

Sgt Crowfield, credar, Doop and 2 others like this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Wow. That is some serious dedication right there (oh, and she did a good job with the song).

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Beautiful

4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    One of the things that just came into my head about the Ventress arc not being completed.....we will not see how Ventress fights now using only 1 lightsaber.

5. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Its gone.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Shame.

7. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Besides. It DID air at 3 in the morning.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was still worth it or as Gab Newell would have put it worth the weight.

9. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013

I'm not sure it's gone though. =/ Did you know they moved it to 5 in the morning?

10. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    *sigh* that was pretty. And now I'm depressed again.

Disney please! Print the scripts in a series of books! Finish the Utapau arc! At least make an announcement saying we will eventually get all of the Clone Wars stories planned, one way or another.

11. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Padme's Love Slave

Nice username.

Yeah, they moved it to five, but this week they aired the Beware The Batman episodes instead.

12. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    It was the last night for Beware the Batman though so they had a marathon. TCW could be back next week.

13. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Okay. I must've skipped over the fact it was the last night.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW was dropped from Toonami for the marathon. I'm an advocate of to each his own but get tired of hearing the folks on TVTrope's and Adult Swim's boards complaining about TCW without giving it a chance. If anybody has some talent in making AMVs and takes requests I'd love to see a TCW music video set to the Attack on Titan main theme just because I think it would be pure awesomeness and would like to dedicate it to said people on those boards. I wish Toonami wouldn't play it in their deadzone. It should be in Beware The Batman's slot. Ofcourse if I were in charge I would be building a better cartoon show by showing Gurren Lagann then sandwiching TCW with FMA:B and Cowboy Bebop (It doesn't matter that AS/ Toonami have rerun it to death because that's just not possible). The best of anime on the block IMO with the best of Western animation, LOL.

15. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    I really think they may be holding back the Boba Fett/Bounty Hunter arc to release it in conjunction with a Boba Fett spin-off movie.
    It's not uncommon for theatrical movies to be released with a straight to DVD animated prequal/tie-in.
    Fingers crossed anyway :)

Jedi Knight Fett and cwustudent like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Seerow Lets continue shall we.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets go bro... =b

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So something that I just thought of was are the clones redeemable after they kill the jedi because they were programmed to do it.

19. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    When I say "redemption" I mean "trying to atone for what they've done". Whether you think they can or not isn't the point, the point is that they're trying.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I see what you mean there and I agree that is they are trying to get redemption but if they do is up to the point of view.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thinking about it more if I lived in the star wars universe I would probably think vader is not redeemable and would probably hate his guts.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Exactly and in my opinion you can try all your want to redeem yourself. I know its difficult since there are quite a few protagonist heroes out there that fall short of being actual heroes to think of them like this.

The clones may be slightly more redeemable because they were not in control of their actions compared to say Ventress who is TCW's very own attempt at a redemption story.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't think murders in real life are redemble so I should probably look at SW the same way but I don't.

24. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Some things you just can't come back from....in Star Wars...Vader has committed those crimes....and one of the problems I see with how Luke is written is that he actually believes that he will redeem his father from the dark side and he will be able to teach him all about being a Jedi, and they will have Life Day together and Grampa Darth will bounce the grandkids on his knee and tell them all about how neat things were during the days of the Republic...

When in reality...if he survived....as soon as Vader showed up on a Rebellion ship he would be arrested, tried, convicted and executed.....all in less that 3 minutes time....and the only person who would care is Luke himself.

As for Bariss...could she come back from the Temple bombing...possibly....but taken into custody by the Republic would probably end with her getting executed for treason and murder....unless Palpatine took an interest in her and used Sith Voodoo to twist her around and totally corrupt her.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually with the Emperor dead, Vader is in charge of the Empire. So maybe talks would have commenced.