main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Well it's true.

[​IMG]

As long as we can talk about Obi-Wan and his fear of flying too. ^

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I feel like the BoC wod be a good time for them to break Poggle and Tambor out of prison. And perhaps a certain fallen Jedi while they're at it.

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I support this idea. ^

Can Cade Bane be involved too?

4. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    My only complaint with this is that it would mean Tambor and Poggle were locked up for almost the entire war, all the way up to RotS. They would've had to have been rushed straight to Utapau after their escape.

My guess is Palpatine arranged for them to be transferred to a more secure location, however he also told the CIS where the ship carrying them would be headed so they ambushed them and retrieved Poggle and Tambor (maybe Loathsom too?).

I do like the idea of Barriss escaping during the BoC though. Maybe a droid fighter crashes into the prison or something and she runs off.

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be cool. So...Grevious or Dooku? I mean, who would be in charge of that CIS operation.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sort of reminded of the massive Azkaban breakout in Order of the Phoenix when Voldemort was gaining power.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    How long is ROTS supposed to take place over though? I can't see it as being less than several months.

Because there is no damn way that Padme was more than a few months pregnant in the first part of that movie.

8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh man, I'd love it if Grievous took part in that. Imagine all of a sudden a bunch of CIS cruisers come out of hyperspace and board the Republic ship, then Grievous just cuts his way in and takes out the clones inside (could add a Jedi master in there too since they are top security prisoners and Grievous needs more Jedi master kills).

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be awesome. :D I could see Grevious taking down people like it was nothing. What Jedi Master should we use though? It has to be one that isn't needed in ROTS.

Cevan likes this.
  10. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Could be a good way to finally get rid of Eeth Koth before RotS.

11. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    They also need to get rid of Oppo Rancisis.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    There we go. :)

Kablob

Who's Oppo Rancisis?

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Good point. Had the show gone on I would've loved to have seen him in action and then killed.

Eeth Koth may be a better pick for a little scene like this since we've already seen him a bit in the show, but Oppo definitely needs addressing sometime.

14. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    He's that dude who looks like a wizard snake.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Oh right him. The guy with unnaturally long fingers.

Go ahead and get rid of him too. Maybe he and Eeth can be on the mission together. Two birds with one stone and all that.

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Something I've thought about is I wonder if there was ever a possibility of an arc where the Republic attacks Raxus, the CIS home world. Naturally the Republic couldn't really win since that would basically be the end of the CIS if they took control of their capital, so it'd be a great way to kill off some Jedi and show us more of Raxus. It'd also be pretty neat seeing a reverse Battle of Coruscant in which instead of droids marching down the streets, it'd be clones.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be really cool. Do you think Lux would speak out against the attack on Raxus?

Cevan likes this.
  18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    That's not a bad thought. Although he's representing Onderon in the Republic Senate now, it'd be interesting to hear him voice his opinions and be somewhat opposed to it as he actually lived there.

Starting off with the Senate would actually be a great approach. I'm sure the majority of the Senate would be all in favor of an attack on Raxus.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Agreed. Though I could see Padme being a little reluctant because she has find memories of Raxus and Mina? Was that Lux's mother's name?

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Lux voted against it or refused to send Onderon's forces to participate.

Cevan likes this.
  20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah, I think Padmé, Mon Mothma, and Bail Organa would all be opposed as well. They've all been trying to find more peaceful solutions to the war and have been against increases in clone production, whereas the majority of the rest of the senate wants more clones and would rather obliterate the Separatists in battle than make peace through negotiations.

In one of the TCW episodes (it was the one after the episode where Coruscant is bombed; Pursuit of Peace?) some of the quotes I remember the senators saying were: "You can't negotiate with those animals!" "Keep the War going!"

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    More likely Lux who seems so easily manipulated would go right along with them and vote to go kill the evil CIS bastards. It'd be to bad to go that route. I 'always wanted it to be touched on that the Republic was involved with the death of Lux's father which has to leave a wound. Would be even better drama if a clone we know and love like Rex pulled the trigger.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder if they would help Lux in any way? Without jeopardizing their positions at the Senate of course.

Yeah. People can get so caught up in the heat of war and power. It's sad really. It's too bad no one realized it before it was too late. Still, I could see Sheev thinking that Lux would be a problem in fighting back against the push for war and an attack by Clones on Raxus.

23. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    That's possible as well. Lux was pretty intent on getting revenge on Dooku after his mother's death. Lux did live there for a time though, and I'm sure he knew at least a couple people who were actually decent and not evil/corrupt at all. An attack on Raxus would greatly endanger their lives and the lives of all others living there.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. Innocents always get killed though, don't they? What if he still has family there?

25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    So I re-watched the scene where Anakin's asking Ahsoka back into the Order and holding out her Padawan braid.

Never could grasp the creepy, choral music: was that just representing her ultimate doom if she returned? The hopeful, yet bittersweet Jedi theme afterwards seems to represent the "right choice".

gracesonnet and cwustudent like this.