main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    I like how she throws the Council's not-apology back in their faces a little bit. They couldn't take 5 seconds to say, "whoops, sorry we doubted you!" or something? No, it's straight to the "oh, well this was your Jedi Trial after all and you passed! Yay! Let's break out the rum."

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Nothing I was just saying how unlikely it is because I would just not see it.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Unlikely but not impossible. It just depends on whether or not they want to finish the series. At this point, Rebels is their top priority.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would like it it would just be very unlikely.

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That was perfect. I hated how Mace was like " This was your great trail" Not " Were sorry we ever doubted you." . They basically just tried to cover-up what they did to her. Ahsoka did the right thing. Not that it made the Council any smarter.

6. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Mace Windu is Mace Windu. What else would you expect?

Plo Koon and Anakin: Heartfelt apology

Saesee Tiin and Ki-Adi Mundi: Somewhat embarrassed apology

Mace Windu: We didn't actually do anything wrong and it all turned out okay.

And frankly, I don't think there was any way the Jedi could have handled that situation better. All of their possible options were terrible.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Kablob

Well; at least she doesn't meet their fate.

I never liked how arrogant Mace could be about things either. I'd hate to be his Padawan. Sorry Depa :p

PCCViking and gracesonnet like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Oh how I wish they went with Georges plan.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Where she dies? Yeah. I'm not on board with that unless it's Vader that kills Ahsoka.

This outcome worked out. And it leaves her open to many possibilities. Like Bounty Hunting.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Reason why I think Georges plan was better was because it would make Anakin more darker then he already is by the time of the unfinished arc.

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Anakin's dark enough. And her leaving just leaves a whole in his heart that grows bigger because 'he failed as a master'. It's more effective then her dying.

Cevan likes this.
  12. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Plus it makes him angrier at the Jedi Order as well, which makes his betrayal in RotS make more sense. There are other instances of him getting angry with the Order in TCW (the other big one I can think of is when he was deceived into thinking Obi-Wan was killed), however Ahsoka's framing is definitely at the top of the list. Anakin's faith in the Order was shaken multiple times during the Clone Wars. I'm all in favor of adding another tally to the list of reasons Anakin grows away from the Jedi, as it makes his fall that much more believable.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Really I just want her gone and never coming back.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay. Can this please not be the start another Ahsoka hate fest?

But Cevan I completely agree. It was all a path Anakin couldn't get off of. And Ahsoka was one of the final tipping points for him to eventually fall to the darkside.

Cevan likes this.
  15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Yes. This.

Fridge-ing Ahsoka would have been redundant and somewhat annoying. When she dies I'd like to to actually be part of her own character arc and not just Anakin's. Anakin's fear of death is already there, what really needed expansion was his anger at the Jedi. Now we can actually see that the Council asking him to spy on Palpatine was really the last straw, and his trust in them was already pretty much nonexistent by the beginning of ROTS.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fine I just don't like her.

17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Okay, well, if that's all you have to contribute, could you just let us talk about it?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure.

I really should not get involved in any conversations that involve ashoka It does not end well.

Kablob likes this.
  19. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014

I know, right?! I mean, it's in character for him, as Kablob said. And story arc-wise, I like it better than if she'd just been another girl in a refrigerator. But man, talk about a scene that made you think, "you know, I kind of feel like the Jedi are going to get what's coming to them. Ahsoka, maybe you should African-Violet* the Jedi before Order 66 comes around. No sense in being caught in the crossfire after they kicked you out."

*a phrase for ending a friendship that has run its course: http://criminalreviews.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/a-captain-awkward-glossary/#africanviolet

Kicking it back to all things TCW, does anyone else find Captain Keeli (the clone paired with Jedi Master Ima Gunna Di on Ryloth) really endearing/cute/sweet? I wanted him to survive and have other adventures. Poor dude.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    gracesonnet

I remember him. It would have been nice to see more of his character. I really liked him.

gracesonnet likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just want to say something The best ARC of TCW decently had to be The umbra arc for me.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Did you mean recently?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I did not even put that in my sentence what the heck.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I think you need to get better auto correct....

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think I should not get auto correct

Wait I just thought of it I now how I can get rid of auto correct.