main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So "forget the old way" of the thread making any sense, then?

2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We stand on the threshold of a new beginning

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Voices
    Yoda: "Friends, we are, hmm?"
    Anakin: "Of course."
    And we never saw them in any lengthy situations together. Is their friendship more believable than Barriss and Ahsoka's?

Seeing them interact beyond Weapons Factory and Brain Invaders would help the audience believe in their friendship. After said episodes, when or where would it have been appropriate (or not an obvious shoehorn) to include Barriss? If we saw Barriss more often, would that make her betrayal even more unbelievable?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't peg Anakin and Yoda as "friends" either.

Yes, her betrayal would have had more of an impact if we had seen her more often. As far as when, put her on any mission with Ahsoka. The younglings arc comes to mind. Two Padawans could not have supervised those kids?

Season 3: send her with Ahsoka to guard Padme on Alderaan.

5. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Probably.

Though that second long cameo in the Umbara arc really helped me make sense of it.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Why is that?

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They were in a teacher-student relationship.

It's not like Anakin tagged along with Yoda to the Short Green Dude Bar on Fridays.

Or Anakin ever gave Yoda any important information about himself, like the fact that he was married.

And if Yoda ever invited Anakin over to pop a squat on a stool, there would be a lesson involved.

I'm not seeing a friendship.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

There was no friendship there and the only friendship Anakin had was Obi one and Artoo and many Ashoka.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just re watched the order 66 scene in episode 3 and it is harder to watch then it was before the clone wars knowing more about these jedi and actually that the clones did not have a choice.

10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Yoda just likes to think they are, I think. And Anakin was all "Oh, uh, sure Master."

11. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    You think Yoda was fabricating a false relationship with Anakin in order to escape the medical bay?

12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Not quite that devious. He just likes to think that they're friends.

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yoda likes to be friends with everybody.

14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I think it was moreso, "I've known you for a little over decade now and we've talked a bit with one another, so I consider you a friend."

Yoda and Anakin weren't meeting for tea each day, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be friends, in some sense. They probably saw one another most days at the Jedi Temple and had spoken with each other a bit ever since Anakin became a Jedi, and they never had any sort of huge disagreement or argument. In a sense I could certainly see them as friends, but certainly not close friends like Anakin and Obi-Wan were. Acquaintances may be a better word to describe their relationship, at least from Anakin's side of it.

Kablob likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would say Yoda was "friends' with everyone but I don't think they though of him as a friend.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yoda is very sad now.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He would say "sad I am"

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    "Depressing my life is. Go into this corner and cry; I shall."

19. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    The Galactic Fanfic will immediately begin to work on a depressed emo Yoda Story:p

20. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Let us know if you require anything Lord Talgus.

22. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    I have a vision of a world where our fanfic shall become the official canon and we will make our dreams a reality so it's time that we reorganize into a new organization, We are now The Galactic Canon. With me Lord Talgus still keeping my title of Sheev of State.
    To celebrate we will welcome a new member within our ranks : Doop will be left in charge of the new Canon Star that is under construction.
    *This message was approved by The Galactic Canon*
    [​IMG]

TheSilentInfluence and Doop like this.
  23. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    DarthTalgus

What of Del Ray Books? If the writers have obtained a complete technical reading of this station, it is possible, however unlikely, they might find a weakness and exploit it.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Any attack made by the writers against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it!

25. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy canon is insignificant next to the power of the writers.

PCCViking likes this.