main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Not to take away from TheSilentInfluence's question, however this is something I've been wondering about for some time now. Since we know Qui-Gon can be basically anywhere in the galaxy (although he can't actually appear), do you think he ever would have gone to Dooku's palace on Serenno and tried talking with him? It'd certainly be an interesting scene, Qui-Gon from beyond the grave speaking with his former master and trying to turn him back to the light.

Edit: Now that I think of it, this probably couldn't happen as the Sith would know that the Jedi could appear/speak from beyond the grave. Of course Dooku could just keep it to himself or think he was just hallucinating, but it's possible he would inform Sidious.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's possible. But I think Dooku would either actually talk with him but tell him he found a better path or try to ignore him completely.

3. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Maybe Qui-Gon could burst out of Dooku's chest like Mother Talzin did. He couldn't ignore him then. :D
    [​IMG]

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ I loved that effect.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Reminded me of aliens.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Basically the thread no is off topic every 5 or so posts.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Rebels happened.

8. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I think if Qui-Gon contacted Dooku, the Count would dialogue with him and then ignore him. Dooku is determined to do everything according to Palpatine's plan. I also think The Count is lost in his political ambitions and that not even the Spirit of his apprentice could shake his resolve.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Agreed. This sounds like it would be the exact way it would go.

Jedi Knight Fett and Kato Sai like this.
  10. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    What do you think became of Asajj Ventress?

[​IMG]

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

She and Ahsoka became awesome bounty hunters together.

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    why do people keep on thinking this.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Why not? It was one decent possible outcome of The Wrong Jedi, if done right that is.

A Ventress training Ahsoka scene on the edge of a ship, similar to the Kanan training Ezra scene in ROTOM, would be hilarious.

But if Ahsoka were to "reform" Ventress and the show depicted them as the Real Jedi More Enlightened and Good Than Yoda...I'll need some of Sabine's paint.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think SI and Kato are mistaken. I think if anyone could cause Dooku to reaffirm his nobility of cause it's his Padawan.

15. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    That new book should tell us.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And I have a very bad feeling about it.

Doop likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Accidental double post, but hell, the emphasis works.

Vthuil and ifleninwasawizard like this.
  18. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    ;_;

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I doubt the new Dark Disciple book is going to resolve her fate, it will just tell the story they wrote for "Season 7" of TCW. Filoni mentioned there were other Ventress episodes after this in the series, kinda like what we saw with Son of Dathomir with
    Maul escaping at the end, living to fight another day.
    They may decide to wrap up her fate after that book in some other story arc, or they may want to just keep her available, along with the other TCW original characters in case they want to create stories later. This could lead to none of them actually dying, which has its advantages and disadvantages. I would think the new Lucasfilm under Disney is more likely to keep a character alive for potential revenue opportunities later. Unfortunately, they may decide NEVER to go back to Ventress to tell more stories after this, which means she's just floating out there ambiguously. If they are greedy, they may rather have that in their back pocket forever in case they want to bring her back for something.

20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm looking forward to the Ventress novel, it will be a great continuation of the CW era storylines, plus they'll be able to give us a depth of detail we didn't get in Son of Dathomir. I enjoy Ventress as a character, and she is the last known Nightsister from Talzin's clan, so she has much potential in the EU.

pronker likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I love her as a character, but the only thing I liked from the concept art was her outfit and the idea that she might troll Dooku. And from the few passages I've read from other books by that author, I would only trust her to write a character that I wanted to make fun of.

Plus Ventress in the fugitive arc didn't seem much like Ventress, so I'm concerned about the direction the show was taking with her.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Got married and had a kid :p

Doop likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Alright, I'll play.

Married who?

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ezra is really her son.

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

A Wookiee.