main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Art and stuff. He posts a bunch in the LACWAC fan art thread under the name XJapanRoX.

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I talked to JJM on here once and it was awesome.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What's his username.

4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    JohnJacksonMiller

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Might have to hang around LIT for awhile.

He is an awesome writer.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    True story, the only member of these forums I've met in person is Jason Fry.

I'm pretty sure I've interacted with JJM a few times.

7. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I swear, Slaves of the Republic is one of the most messed up things in Star Wars.

Vthuil likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    What, the comic? If you're referring to that infamous Ahsoka pic, then yeah, have to say I agree.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You mean the one where she is chained up with not a lot of cloths.

10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    No, I mean the episode, and everything in it.

Slavery, someone committing suicide, the Queen wanting to turn Anakin into her sex slave, the other guy wanting to do the same to Ahsoka...

I could go on, but you get the point.

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    While I agree, what the heck did this have to do with the previous topic?

12. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I know. But I think Umbara was the worst in terms of onscreen violence.

13. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Nothing. But this thread is for TCW in general.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    Nothing whatsoever. This IS the clone wars discussion thread after all. :p lol

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That goes to Lawless.

16. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    No, the friendly fire incident and Krell's rampage take the top spot in terms of sheer brutality.

Cevan and Doop like this.
  17. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Did Dave and friends bribe the censors over at CN? I have no idea how they got away with any of it. Maybe becuase it was Star Wars they didn't even care?

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Probably. I mean, I'm sure they'll still be able to get away with that type of stuff in Rebels as well as long as it's not GOT gruesome.

19. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    CN isn't a stranger to violence given the correct programming block. Adult Swim has shown the animes Blue Gender, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (both seasons), Black Lagoon, and Neon Genesis Evangelion amongst other shows in the past. I highly, highly doubt that they will be able to get away with the darker tones the later seasons of TCW (the clone troopers floating in the vacuum of space comes to mind) on Disney XD.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    True. Although, Disney likes to be more subtle with their violence. I mean, they'll imply that people died and such, but we already have Sabine shooting a trooper point blank in the face and killing him. Plus, it's Lucasfilm that writes the episodes, so I'm sure they slip a lot of things past Disney before it airs. And maybe their taking a different approach because it's Star Wars and they know a lot more adults are going to watch it with their kids?

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It's bizarre to me that the "fake" Bounty Hunter arc plot that was posted on 4chan had the same idea that I had thought of just this past Sunday: the Tusken Shaman hires Bounty Hunters to take down Anakin Skywalker. The faker could be someone who frequents these forums... #DramaticChipmunk

22. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    What I am saying is, I don't think we will be seeing people run through with a lightsaber like we did in TWC. Even if it isn't directly seen by the audience, and actually Satine's death is a good example of this because you only see some of the darksaber and you don't even see the wound either. Now look at Fives' death when we see the burning hole in his armor from the blaster shot. I don't think we will see anything like that. Also, Ventress not only ran through a guy and it was visible, but also gave him a kiss in a pretty dark twist there when she killed him.

Personally, I think this really distinguished TWC and would like to see it happen in Rebels. But also in TWC it was whole armies fighting each other, while in Rebels everything has been steal this, or hit and run on objectives. I remember watching a panel where Filoni said that the target audience for Rebels is the same that TWC had, but I guess we will have to wait and see. Because with what I have seen so far, I don't know if I believe that just yet.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. But it's still interesting to think about, because the same team that wrote the clone wars is writing episodes for Rebels. I think another good example would be Steela's death. You didn't see her hit the ground; but you know she fell and died. And Disney doesn't shy away from killing characters; like Mufasa in the Lion King for example. I guess it's more of a wait and see approach, because the combat is more hit and run as you said, and trying to gain the upper hand for the moment while fighting the Empire.

But we still have had a lot of deaths in the show, some of it on screen even if it wasn't completely obvious to kids. I mean, if they were young anyway. I guess it's why is a family show/cartoon because adults will pick up on the things kids won't. If the Clone Wars got darker and more serious over time, then I fully expect Rebels to as well.

24. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    IT WAS ME, WATTO! I FAKED THE LEAKS!

credar, The Shadow Emperor and Watto like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We have a traitor in our mists.