main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Ya I could see Some pretty funny moments in lego out of that.

2. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    This sounds weird but now that I've watched the series, I miss when I hadn't seen all of it and had that anticipation of watching the next episode on Netflix.

Watto likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Have you seen the Crystal crisis arc.

gracesonnet likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is a new video up on the swamp planet itself.

Cevan likes this.
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Not weird to me, I felt the same way. One of the great things was the variety of the series and getting excited for whatever we were treated to next.

gracesonnet and Seerow like this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Personally one of my favorite things about TCW was the broad focus it had which allowed TCW to tackle alot of different things. The arc format season 4 and onward made seasons feel much shorter.

Watto likes this.
  7. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    I watched some of it when they first released the reels but my browser kept freezing for some reason. And it was hard to look past the whole "Anakin has no neck" thing [face_worried]

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The story is really good.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Indeed. Better than any Bonus Content arc.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

A sequel of this must come to existance...

Playing as Trench would be pretty rad!

Watto likes this.
  11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lego Marvel : Spider-Man vs Trench :D

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I can't get beyond the horrible animatic quality. I've gotten so used to TCW being the best animated show around, it's kinda sad this is the best we have for the last arc. I guess it's just me, I get a lot more out of fully produced stuff... It's kinda like when I watch kiddos playing Minecraft, I just scratch my head at the unfinished look.

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Double post.

14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I don't mind Minecraft at all because it was a deliberate design choice, which I personally quite like. With Crystal Crisis on Utapau, however, it was meant to be fully animated and look as spectacular as the other TCW arcs. Due to TCW's cancellation though, we're left with this incomplete arc that was never meant to be seen like this. It's one of my absolute favorite arcs in the show, and seeing it never able to reach its full completion saddens me a bit.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think you're right about TCW vs Minecraft. I'm just wondering if other people have gotten more used to a rough design aesthetic and so less likely to complain about the rough quality of this arc.

Cevan and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm probably in the minority, but the animatic look didn't bother me in the slightest. But that's half because I've done a lot of 3D animation, and am quite used to seeing unfinished animation act as a rough draft.

Were there points where I thought it would have been wicked cool to see the finished animation? Oh sure. I can just imagine what that explosion in the fourth ep would look like in finished form. But that's almost complaining about not being able to hear characters in a book or comic. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices depending on the medium. Books get insightful internal dialogue, while TV episodes get full sound and picture.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Right on the money I did not care about the animation one bit it was a great arc sure it would have been nice but it did not affect my viewing experience.

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It didn't bother me, but my son asked why Anakin's mouth didn't move and why his head and arms looked like they were falling off.

He plays a lot more Minecraft than I do.

19. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    It's true, the characters all look like they're being played by Achmed the Dead Terrorist...

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Welcome to the club! ;)

I for one also do not mind and like this version - the story reel - it is better than never getting the arcs at all, that's for sure.
    I would go a little further and admit that when I get a TCW DVD or Bluray and even just going to the official site, the most anticipation and excitement I get is seeing how the episode or arc got made with all the cinematics and concept art being a huge treat.
    That is just me!

Seeing the finished animation would have been amazing and just WOW to see, but there is nothing anybody can do about it now.
    More and more articles that come out on the Official site and related sites like to point out that TCW is OVER by stating it clearly over and over. That is always makes me a little somber, but also thankful that we got SIX seasons from the show and not just one or two.

I doubt we would ever see a finished TCW story again. It was cancelled too early and over the passed two years I have noticed a trend of opinions from viewers of others shows under the Disney banner. Many stated that Disney was and still is stingy and problematic in terms of budget of shows. I think the show would have been cut not due to Lucas leaving, not due to the coming of Episode VII... but due to the fact that Disney would not want to pay the extra buck to make the show look as good as it did under Lucas so I think everybody decided that if it can not look as good, they would not go backwards and make the show look less spectacular.

PS It would have been awesome to have a team at LF dedicated to finishing some episodes or scenes and making a special or two a year. That would be amazing! I know I might have said this before, but my point stands.
    I would rather see a finished episode of TCW as a special feature on the Disney Channel more than seeing one about Toy Story.

21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's the way of the Tikkes to make long posts, and who is to judge the way of our squidalicious overlord Tikkes
    For nothing is true, everything is Tikkes ^:)^

Doop and Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan like this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

I can make longer. I can post shorter. This is a forum, not skype. :D
    I know I am on the border of tl;dr but The Clone Wars is a serious thing for me. I write a lot about it. For things like episode VII or the OT I do not write as long cause it does not interest me as much or provoke me to write.

OH, oh... I love this! This is my new signature...hmmm.
    Yes, it has to be. FOR TIKKES!!!

Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes! Nothing is true, everything is Tikkes!

Doop and DarthTalgus like this.
  24. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Moncala4lyfe

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It doesn't bother me that he makes longer posts from time to time since he pretty much always has something good or interesting to say, usually when it concerns Tikkes.