main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I'm not sure what means, but probably because they weren't involved with it on any capacity like getting memos and following story progression. Lucas and Filoni and their respective crew worked on TCW without a bureaucracy of a comity.

How accurate is this I havent been following much of the feed news lately.

The masters discuss the new canon going forward in the Star Wars universe.

While I’m not in a position to write an extensive essay for an article right now, I feel this information is important to report. So without further ado, I give you a list of major points that were discussed at this panel.

•One cohesive saga across all media is being told going forward with the new setting.

•A goal of the Lucasfilm Story Group is to make sure that no real conflicts in storytelling take place in regards to continuity errors.

•The concept of the LSG was Kathleen Kennedy’s idea, and it helps with the flood of the rapidly-increasing amount of canonical content being made.

•The old EU (Legends) was completely liquidated to avoid playing favorites; it was described as being a tough call, though completely necessary.

•Legends are used as source material for filling in some details (such as the physical size and mass of the Death Star).

•Legends re-canonization only happens when it makes sense (Hutts are no longer hermaphrodites for this reason).

•The Empire does not immediately invade Yavin IV immediately after the Death Star is destroyed.

•Kanan was the first comic that Lucasfilm did not initially request, but it was proposed by an employee; the relationship between LSG’s orders and the requests of the writers is described as a two-way street.

•They seriously want Jaxxon back in the canon..

•Journey To The Force Awakens is a multimedia project set to appear in September and will help newcomers jump into the franchise.

•J. J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy approve of the LSG’s actions thus far.

•Battlefront: Twilight Company is the tie-in novel for the Battlefront video game; video games are described as an important medium for the overall narrative.

•LSG thinks that the new, canonical stories are some of the best that have come out in the history of the franchise.

•Rebels is said to have been easier for the LSG to get into and work with than The Clone Wars was.

•Novelizations and comic adaptations retelling the OT and PT to fit the new canon are low priority due to an
    abundance new content, but LSG is interested in revisiting the movies in a different way to clear things up canonically.

•Disney helps Lucasfilm with an international approach to creating a greater amount of content.

•An LSG credit on a work does not necessarily mean that the work is canon (The Old Republic being an example).

•Legends stories may not be left unresolved forever, but revisiting them is not a priority now. Once the new continuity is fully established, continuations of Legends stories are potentially possible. Fan-favorite Legends characters can come back if the stories require them and can do them justice.

•Canon Old Republic Era stories are not planned for the immediate future, but could happen eventually.

•The LSG exists to prevent a system like the canon-tiers from being re-created, and all projects are being approached in such a way that everything will make sense.

•Published books are meant to stand on their own, but also tie into the films.

•The Darth Plagueis novel, which was alluded to in Tarkin, is not necessarily canon even though it is alluded to (although the details about the character in Tarkin are).

•LSG describes everything as being non-canonical until they pull an idea forward and make it canon.

•Multiple-book series (with or without rotating authors) are not planned anytime soon; nothing on the scale of New Jedi Order is planned to be made as far as novels go.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8143717

pronker, jabberwalkie and podjazd like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I highly doubt they would dump it from Canon now because they have referenced s lot of the clone wars in New Canon.

cwustudent and podjazd like this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe they just meant they couldnt change anything or simply delete(and maybe go back and pluck from) it like they could the EU. They had to make sure they weren't messing with established continuity, which outside of TCW was just the movies. Rebels is more in sync and easier to work with cause they have more control of the content and it can match up with their version of the events following ROTJ into TFA. It is not like they could now dump TCW into the waste basket.

jabberwalkie and darskpine10 like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    They could, but it would be tricky. Ahsoka appearance in Rebels is one example.

5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    If they did, nobody could ever take that whole "Canon! Connected! Everything is equal and canon and affects things! For the first time!" Thing seriously ever again.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyway it is not happening thankfully TCW gets more and more rapped in new Canon with every book.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Pretty much this. It is something we have brought up in passing discussion as well, so I don't know why this is seemingly a surprise. TCW had a limited story to tell within the confines between AOTC and ROTS. Due to the appearance of some of the characters in ROTS who also appear in TCW, there was also a bit of a predestination thing as well. All of the main characters in Rebels have never appeared in canon before, so there is a lot more freedom with the characters. Even Ahsoka showing up in Rebels affords them flexibility with what to do with her character. While the characters in Rebels are directly tied to the Rebellion itself, they aren't tied to any specific fate or organization that eventually is destroyed in canon.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I am so ready for this.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't even care about the other TCW stories at this point, since it's obvious that we'll never get all of them, I just want those 12 Ahsoka Episodes so I can finally let this show go.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm right there with you. I think that we will probably get an adaptation of those episodes at some point. Maybe a graphic novel?

DarthTalgus likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the bad batch leads right into rebels season 2. too bad tcw was cancelled!

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Doesn't seem a coincidence the Bad Batch with the bad batch arc and season 2 of Rebels.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I need those 12 ashoka episodes plus R2 and Rex.

14. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    ;) I know right? Started making the connection a few days ago myself of what they might be doing....

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    MakingStarWars and podjazd like this.
  16. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Watching Clone Wars for the...[mumble]3rd[/mumble] time and I feel so bad for R2 when he's captured by Grievous.

"No need to fear--we're all droids here!" [maniacal laughter].
    He couldn't be scarier than if he looked like a clown.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's messed up what R2 does to the other droid at the end there though.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I might have to watch all the clone episodes because Clone wars Nostalgia.

19. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    R2's seen things, man. He's seen things.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But chopper is a murder.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

And done things that no one should have to do :p

gracesonnet and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Why you gotta steal my avatar.:p

Wolffe here I come.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't steal you're avatar

I have Rex, you have Wolffe :p

24. The4thSniporr

The4thSniporr Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2014

From a distance, Wolffe's mechanical eye in your avatar looks like a monocle and the scar looks like a string. Combine that with his fine moustache and you've got yourself one hell of a Victorian gentleman in space ;)

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    He had Rex before.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.