main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Well his ship blew up before...

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The ability to blow up a ship is insignificant next to the power of TCW writing.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oops, double post.

4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah GL even said that all of the post-ROTJ Legends stories were non-canon, so people had actually been reading glorified fanfic for years :D

cwustudent likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Did the bad batch arc count as the rumoured Trench arc then?

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Quick stop the Hate Campaign.

Disney has redeemed themselves. Just next time could they clarify these things before we have a civil war!

7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So someone uploaded these to YouTube so now I'm getting to watch them finally. Will give my thoughts later. Seriously though that problem with the site should be fixed because while I was lucky here that someone did upload it it's still an error and its weird only I got it compared to everyone else. Still looking forward to diving in. From what I'm hearing this will probably serve as a reminder of why Clones were best well performed and written here as opposed to most other stuff (although if you guys have any other legit references to non-Clone Wars stories that have good Clone development as well as action then be my guest) and also why Dee Bradley Baker is one of the best voice actors in the business. I definitely count the Clones up there as among his best work not just in Clone Wars but in his voiceover career and I do mean that and he deserves all the credit he gets for these performances.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Starwarsfan9000 Uhm Republic Commando? One of the best star wars games in existence.

Apparently a few people have seen similarities between the two.

9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Just posting this here in case anyone is interested.

Here's a complete list of all the music I've been able to find from the series in a reasonable quality. Each episode that has at least one music track that I can find is listed, along with the source of the tracks:

Season 1

Rising Malevolence: Promotional 'For your consideration album' for Emmy voters (Similar releases exist for Ambush and Weapons Factory, but I have been unable to find them)/Official Soundtrack Release, track Plo Koon
    Destroy Malevolence: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures
    Rookies: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures + The first half of The Clones from the Official Soundtrack Release
    Downfall of a Droid: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures
    Duel of the Droids: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures
    Bombad Jedi: Kevin Kiner's Website/Cut-down version on the Official Soundtrack Release
    Cloak of Darkness: Official Soundtrack Release + Kevin Kiner's website
    Lair of Grievous: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures + Official Soundtrack Release
    Dooku Captured: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Jedi Crash: Kevin Kiner's Website + Official Soundtrack Release
    Trespass: Source Recording

The Hidden Enemy: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures + Kevin Kiner's Website
    Mystery of a Thousand Moons: Official Soundtrack Release
    Innocents of Ryloth: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Hostage Crisis: Kevin Kiner's Website/Official Soundtrack Release + Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures

Season 2

Holocron Heist: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Senate Spy: Official Soundtrack Release
    Legacy of Terror: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures
    The Mandalore Plot: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures
    Voyage of Temptation: Official Soundtrack Release
    Death Trap: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures

Season 3

Clone Cadets: Source Recording
    The Hunt for Ziro: Source Recording of Da Hutt Moda
    Pursuit of Peace: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Nightsisters: Official Soundtrack Release
    Monster: Source Recording
    Witches of the Mist: Source Recording
    Overlords: Source Recording
    Altar of Mortis: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Ghosts of Mortis: Official Soundtrack Release+ Kevin Kiner's Website
    Citadel Rescue: Kevin Kiner's Website/Cut-down version on Official Soundtrack Release
    Padawan Lost: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Wookiee Hunt: Kevin Kiner's Website

Season 4

Water War: Kevin Kiner's Website
    A Friend in Need: Ripped from Clone Wars Adventures + Source Recording
    Deception: Kevin Kiner's Website
    The Box: Source Recording + Official Soundtrack Release second half of track, The Clones
    Bounty: Kevin Kiner's Website
    Brothers: Source Recording
    Revenge: I found a video with two tracks from the episode, but there was no description, so this one is Unknown

Season 5

Tipping Points: Kevin Kiner's Website
    The Gathering: Official Soundtrack Release
    Missing in Action: Source Recording
    Eminence: Source Recording + Official Soundtrack Release
    Shades of Reason: Official Soundtrack Release + Source Recording
    The Lawless: Source Recording + Official Soundtrack Release
    Sabotage: Kevin Kiner's Website/Cut-down version on Official Soundtrack Release
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much: Kevin Kiner's Website/Several Cut-down versions of various tracks on Official Soundtrack Release
    To Catch a Jedi: Kevin Kiner's Website
    The Wrong Jedi: Kevin Kiner's Website/Several Cut-down versions of various tracks on Official Soundtrack Release

Season 6

Sacrifice: Official Soundtrack Release

The order of the sources indicates chronological order of the tracks.
    + indicates more than one music tracks from the episodes, which have unique sources.
    / indicates alternate versions of individual tracks.

If any additional information is required, don't hesitate to ask. I can provide links to where the tracks can be found, and can clarify any aspects of the list.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Nice list above.
    Uhm A few weeks ago now we had a hint that
    "Uk fans will be made very happy in regards to The Lost missions"
    Have we had any updates?

11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Darthmaul208 likes this.
  12. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Well seen the episodes now. These episodes were fun.

I liked the friendships and comradery shown between the Clones and the development that Rex got by being determined to save Echo and make sure he was okay. I sort of see as him making up for the two mistakes he made one letting Echo behind in the first place and also the fact that he couldn't save Fives by saving Echo Domino Squad hasn't fallen and their sacrifices were not in vain and Echo along with Fives probably made the biggest.

While I'm annoyed that they never brought up how Echo survived other than the cybernetics or who found him or how long he's been there but it was nice seeing him again and I'm glad he lived to fight another day. I just wished this reunion and adventure was fully animated so I could appreciate it more.

I like these Bad Batch clones a lot and the fact they were named after 99 as Rex put it best "Was a nice touch" (Wrecker was probably the most fun and his super strength was something unique that we don't see to normal characters in Star Wars usually that'd belong to machines or aliens, Hunter was an interesting cold but still noble leader, Tech had a unique design and sort of reminded me of Donatello from Ninja Turtles with his ingenuity and Crosshairs was the guy who probably had the coolest and slick form of fighting and he would have been cool to see in action fully animated) they are some guys I wouldn't mind seeing again somehow I know they were to return in the Wookiees arc but I was thinking maybe they are also part of Rex's old Clone unit along with Echo in Rebels. I get the feeling these guys would have been fan favourites if this were fully animated and the show continued. I loved all their distinct personalities again this is what I was talking about with Dee Bradley Baker being able to give these Clones distinct personalities just on performance because he doesn't just use one voice for the Clones he changes a pitch on each to suit each character. Even Echo before he was back to normal sounded different at first very cold and frightened and as soon as he was unplugged he was back to normal sounding Echo I thought that was a nice vocal touch. The Padme thing was a funny joke and even though it wasn't fully animated you can still see Anakin's face and his delivery of "That is not staying" translates to "When I become the Dark Lord of the Sith you die first" lol.

It was nice to see Wat Tambor again along with more of his species who we don't see of often. Admiral Trench died again this time for good it seems. Kind of a waste though to have him believed dead then come back only to die for real. To the point I was kind of hoping Anakin's last line to him would be "Admiral it's been a pleasure. And this time try to stay dead" or something along those lines to sort of poke fun at the fact of how he kept cheating death.

Anyway so yeah a nice series of episodes interesting while also action packed and it would have been great to see them fully animated but ah well what can you do.

daniel brown and darskpine10 like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can answer a few of your questions Echo has been MIA fore 6-12months so I would say he has been there for 5-11 months.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I hoped the OS would include trivia. Was this discussed in the Bad Batch panel? I've not watched it yet.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    If it's not canon, it's not worth reading in my opinion.

17. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

And there's a reason why it's non canon now. Nothing more cringy than the Fanfiction writing that was the Vong or Dark Empire, or Skippy the Jedi Droid.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Skippy was specifically not intended to be canon in the first place. Like Tag & Bink. Or A Death Star Is Born.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree there is plenty of Fanfiction better then the EU but it is no reason not to look at these comics.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Your loss.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Indeed it's a horrible way to look at things IMO but whatever floats there boat.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Some fan-fics and EU stories are worse than the movies, some FF's and EU stories are on the level of the PT, some FF's and EU are better than the PT but not as good as the OT, some FF's and EU are just as good as the OT and some FF's and EU stories are better than the OT. I prefer the OT to PT movie-wise. All imo of course. Official canon or not, movie or not, its all SW imo. As long as it has the characters I love, or an engaging sounding plot I'm game to give it a try. My SW experience would be lesser without with the EU and fan-fic.

I guess. Just can't understand it.

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That's what I think as well, this fanfic comic is the only exception that I will ever make because it promises us high quality wrap up at a time where there is none available to us

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And canon wars aren't worth reading in my opinion. So let's not start one, shall we?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014