main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Darthmaul208 All I can see is In the Shadows and Reborn. None of the ones I posted. :(

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Darthmaul208 It's not quite the same, but it's really close. I'll post the two different videos. I guess that this soundboard isn't the right source. Nice try though.

There is a difference, and the second half of the track is definitely not in Reborn.

4. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @darskpine10 I see now. Uh well. The Hunt goes ever on and on and on and on. I guess The Adventure game then.

On a side note guys. Did you ever find the Animation models used in the game? I did never used them though. Would that be acceptable to post? @Todd the Jedi

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Darthmaul208 It might be Adventures. I don't know though as most Adventures rips come from Season 1 or 2. I did find one from Season 3 once. The quality of this track is also slightly higher than Adventures rips usually are.

I'm also surprised that no one has ripped any tracks from Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars. I'm pretty sure there were lots of unreleased tracks in that game, but I can't find any rips. I wish I knew how to do it myself, but ah well. :cool:

6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @darskpine10 I only think it's Adventures because they added Season 4 stuff and Maul. Sure they did Dathomir and Nightsisters but I never played it or don't know.
    They probably have from the lego game. It wouldn't have this on it as it went to mid season 3 I think. Savage is in there. That game is one of the best games ever created. You probably need the pc version and a data miner program like people do for SWTOR. That stores it a .biks and Windows media player files. I only have got the loading screen from the files though.

@Yoshee On a side note guys. Did you ever find the Animation models used in the game? I did never used them though. Would that be acceptable to post? a link to?

7. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Hey guys! The extended Maul score that isn't on starwars.com (or in the actual episode, just so you know) is from the menu of the "Darth Maul Returns" DVD. I can't guarantee since I didn't buy it but I remember that the video showed up right after the DVD was released.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That could be it, I never had that DVD.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just rewatched the infamous "Massacre" episode from Season 4. Every now and then I watch an episode or two on my PSP during my train ride home from work. Man, that episode is really deep. It doesn't involve any of the main heroes, and the main protagonist is Ventress and her relations with the Nightsisters. Mother Talzin was seriously badass. You could see why Sidious wanted her eliminated.

10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Though Talzin's coven was nearly wiped out, it remains one of my favorite episodes. Talzin was THE force to be reckoned with in the CW series in my opinion, because she was more powerful than any Nightsister / Nightbrother, and dare I say the Jedi and Sith. The writers never allowed us to see her go up against Sidious alone, which leads me to believe he wouldn't have because he knows how powerful she is. That only adds to her mystique, not even the Dark Lord of the Sith, who others have described as the most powerful being in the galaxy would face her solo.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I also got a kick out of how they portrayed the Nightsisters as the dominant (matriarchal) beings on the planet. The brothers told Obi-Wan and Anakin that Savage was chosen among them by a female to be her "mate".

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I just realised something. So Satine was the Duchess of Mandalore, and now Maul is the leader of Mandalore. That means that he's now Duke Maul.

So in SOD when he meets Dooku, it's Count Dooku meets Duke Maul. :D

Add in Lord Vader and Chancellor Palapatine, all the Sith lords now have a title. Aristocrats for the win!

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Once more the Feudal titles will rule the Galaxy

14. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Grievous was actually a force to be reckoned with for the most part too in that episode. I wish he'd been portrayed that way more consistently in TCW.

Barriss_Coffee and podjazd like this.
  15. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    Just watched the ep where Ahsoka and Jedi younglings teamed up with Hondo and escaped from Grievous. Did all those younglings die? :(

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    We don't know for sure - if they got promoted to Padawans, and assigned Masters, then they might have gotten stories of their own like Kanan's, in which their Masters sacrifice themselves to save them and help them escape.

We know they're still being trained as a group at the end of Season 5 - the lightsaber fight comes very close to them.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

But for narrative reasons, he had to look weak against the Jedi.

18. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Just finished rewatching The Clone Wars all the way up to the end of season 5! I'm in tears :(

gracesonnet likes this.
  19. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015

Well obviously the main characters and the Jedi that show up in ROTS are untouchable, but they still should have included more instances of Grievous taking down other Jedi besides just Nadhar Vebb, who was barely a Knight.

podjazd likes this.
  20. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Speaking of Knights...anyone else notice how other than Anakin, Nadhar and maybe Barriss, nearly every single Jedi we saw onscreen was either a Padawan or Master?

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Usually Jedi and Jedi Knight/master were used interchangeably and synonymously, the distinction rally if ever factor in, normally If it did it was the Master reminding the apprentice they were the Padawan. it also came off odd that Tano was training under Anakin and calling him a master, while he was still calling Kenobi master and he was still under his orders, and Tano under them both. Same problem existed for Ventress, as Dooku was Sidious and Ventress knew of her master's master and she untimely under Sidious. Also her prospect of becoming a Sith could not of realistically been high, as the only rule of the Sith of Bane, is the their can only be two. Which comes off very Highlanderish with there can only be one. Same things applies to Maul, certainly he knew of the rule of two, as did Tyranus when they kept taking apprentices, especially Dooku has no real excuse as he was not out of service for 10-12 years and the apprentice was not a savior and sibling.

Same thing applies to Sidious, as he was molding Dooku into dark Jedi ally and possible Sith Apprentice replacement even while he had Maul. He repeated the process when he had Tyranus and was molding Anakin into Vader.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin's a Knight when he starts training Ahsoka - but Kenobi is a Master - and as such, senior to him in the Jedi hierarchy. And in the EU, Jedi Masters, especially those on the High Council, had a rank of "Senior General" or even "High General" in the Grand Army compared to just "General" for Knights (and "Commander" for Padawans).

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kenobi was given rank of both Knight and Master for presumably killing Darth Maul and even a place on the Council, while Anakin never received rank of Jedi Master nor a place on the Jedi Council after killing Dooku. It is equally more confusing if you add in TCW series and the events, Anakin even in ROTS was still basically little more than glorified Padawan to Master Kenobi, going by their relationship and verbal exchanges in the movie, not much really changed cept Anakin got a new hair cut. The rank of Knight, seems little more than Padawan if that is the case. Anakin was never truly embraced as a Jedi nor respected by the Council nor given rank of Jedi Master. There system was surely screwy, would like it made more clear by Filoni if Lucas was never wanting to.

24. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    I think TCW Anakin and ROTS Anakin have to be held somewhat apart since the former was developed much later than the movie version. Moreover, TCW Anakin character was expanded on / refined.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh...again :D

A "master" is one who is training a padawan, a "Master" is a rank. (Similar to a captain of a ship is called "Captain" even if the rank is Lt. Commander.)

Non-Jedi have been known to call any Jedi "Master Jedi" or "Master So and so" but that doesn't mean that Jedi's rank is "Master." Jedi is the umbrella term for younglings, padawans, knights, and masters - a member of the Jedi Order.

Obi-Wan was "Anakin's Master" - a knight - but not "Master" in rank "Master Kenobi" until granted that rank.

Anakin never gained the rank of master, not because the Council mistrusted him, but because he hadn't shown he had earned it (in attitude).