main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Dark Disciple is only a wrap-up of some unfinished TCW stories that I believe were written before Disney got on the scene, and they're only doing that Kanan comic because it provides backstory for Rebels. After those are done, I think it'll be quite some time before Disney touches the PT era again. Even if they do, it probably won't be unless it directly ties into something like Rebels, or some other OT project.

2. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Darthmaul208 Hey, I'm about to be super off topic (and nit-picky). For whatever reason, dialogue from movies really sticks in my brain and every time I see the Winter Soldier dialogue in your signature, I keep seeing it as being misquoted. As I recall, the exchange is as follows... BW: "The truth is a matter of circumstance; it's not all things to all people all the time. Neither am I." CA: "That's a tough way to live." BW: "It's a good way not to die though." Is your version of the quote from a novelization or something?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Auto correct keeps on making my posts funny.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That wasn't intentional?!? I don't believe it. Or else your autocorrect is controlled by gnomes.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

yes unless I was really not paying attention that was auto correct.

6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh please. The PT era has had far more exposure than it deserved. There's more visual material in that era than there was of the OT.

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    But is that good exposure? No the media and most people hate it. It's mostly presented in a bad light. There's more visual material if you include TCW otherwise it's pretty much the same. (Give or take 20 minutes). Like I said earlier maybe I just want more recognition from the makers of Episode 7 and the ST that the prequels weren't that bad. I'm just really both bored and frustrated at the "it will be in the vein of OT" quote from nearly all the interviews.

Generally as well the two main leads- John Biyega and Daisy Ridley should have stories or experiences of the PT. I mean the always mention the OT. So why not the PT?

SoloBrothers likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

From a certain point of view and most of it is not Canon anymore.

There is also way more time in the PT era then the OT.

9. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    But if most people hate the PT, doesn't it make sense for Disney to distance themselves from them? Or do you think any future Highlander movies or shows should reference Highlander 2? Should the next Star Trek movie be a follow up to 5?

And TCW is why the PT has more material set in its era than the OT. Especially now that the old EU was wiped clean.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would not say most people hate it because most of the public that has just watched all 6 don't care.

11. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I have a friend who simply love all six movies and seems totally unaware of any hate directed towards Lucas. When I confirmed to him that Lucas won't be involved in the ST he was disappointed because he loves everything the man has done so far. A lot of people love the prequels, and some love them even more than the originals, and a few don't like the originals at all. Everyone's different and the fact that the PT has received so much bashing over the years doesn't mean that is what most people actually think.

12. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Although this argument doesn't really belong in this thread, I feel it's worth noting that I really like the prequels, especially episode 3. I like episode 3 more than any of the original trilogy. I really like the second half of episode 2, the first half has some weak points, but overall I'd say the movie is about on-par or at least close with the originally trilogy. I do believe the Phantom Menace is certainly the weakest movie of the saga.

I also think that TCW was sometimes much better than the movies. The Ahsoka arc, Fives arc, and Umbara arc were all better than any of the movies in my opinion, and there are many other arcs that were just as good as well, such as the Yoda arc, Zygerria arc, Darth Maul arc, Bounty, and many others.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I second this statement with all my heart.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's not forget that TCW was the face of SW from 2008-2012, hell to 2013 as well. That's a ton of PT-era exposure in the public eye. And now Rebels has been the face for a whole year, not only doing its own thing but also tying into TCW in various ways. That's not going to magically cease when the ST movies start coming out.

Right now? Yeah, there's a lot of OT nostalgia being played out; I mean, the ST is chronologically a lot closer to the OT than the PT, of course it'll evoke that era more. But if Disney Infinity is any indicator, the PT is not being set aside any time soon. And if you want to make the money and advertising argument- there's still way more kids who devoured TCW and all its elements around than those for Rebels. The PTB at LFL are well aware of the influence TCW had, and aren't about to gloss over its contributions, but they are savvy enough to build the post-Disney landscape of SW with a solid (mostly) OT-based foundation.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This completely and I won't be expected if we get a spinoff in the next 10 years about some PT character.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    To compound that, here's a current major display at a Toys 'R' Us:
    [​IMG]

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So to everyone worried about the PT era being dumped
    [​IMG]
    It is not going anywhere trust me.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  18. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    That is awesome. The "Way Cool" arrow in the background, which gives the illusion of pointing at Rex, is icing on the cake.

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Only in your minds are the PT era and OT era in conflict with each other.

20. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Finished the show - heart breaking. Never thought I would be as emotionally devastated from a Star Wars cartoon show as I was to the Red Wedding, haha. To be a bit more serious though, Clone Wars was a pretty dang good show, and although I would have very much liked if they "fulfilled" that 8 seasons thing, at least it did have a decent ending... well, other than the fact that so many stories were left unfinished, but you get my point.

I don't know how I plan to get over this one. Finishing stuff sucks...

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Did you watch Utapau and the Bad Batch?

CloneForce99 and cwustudent like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Or read Son of Dathomir

CloneForce99 and cwustudent like this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Naturally yes. But should Sw or any entertainment bow before the common bashing masses. No absolutely not. It does make sense and I understand why they are (using that as an argument in this reply saw above posts) but why should I follow/buy/support a company that only values the mass opinion and never takes risks or challenges people. The final product and enjoyment will just suck and it won't be original or interesting. I mean what's the point of just going with the lowest common denominator? It's not good storytelling and is just lazy. It's the biggest problem with Hollywood and the movie industry, no one is afraid to take risks most films are either sequels, reboots or low (er) budget films ie spy drama/rom com. It's risk taking and innovation I want.
    I'm sure I can quote badly here
    "people don't know what they want till they get it"

I know nothing about Highlander apart from its on Amazon and is scored by Bear Mccreary.

I know about Star Trek though and its the same damn problem. It wasn't original enough. The first (talking about JJ Trek here) was a good film despite trashing the main points of trek ( though arguably this had already been done). The second was just silly, they redid the best trek and failed miserably. I mean there's a clear reason why they went with TOS but it blew up in there face and there's nothing about the new ones that is superior. I don't care much about special effects which again improved unnecessarily but the new crew just feels like actors roleplaying instead of a functioning star fleet vessel with the same chamderie the originals did. What I'm essentially trying to say is there's no improvements or creativity towards creating new Trek it's just a lets redo Wrath of Khan, deny we are doing it and then put a 'clever' spin on it. Nothing was clever or inventive about it and isn't as memorable as the original or effective. Did anyone care about Kirk dying or cry? He was just brought back to life after 10 minutes.

I just don't want to see The Wars treated badly and churned into another hollywood franchise because it will end badly.
    *sorry for rambling

24. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Firstly, lol at your little jabs implying anyone who dislikes the PT is part of the "unwashed masses" where as you're above them for seeing the PT "for what it is." It's not going to work with me.

With all your talk about taking risks I'm not even sure what point your trying to make anymore. Especially since we've only barely begun to see what TFA and other Disney SW materials. What you've been calling for is the powers that be at Lucasfilm to pat you on the head and go "shhh it's ok. We love the PT too" just to make you feel better. What if they legitimately thing the PT was a poor direction to take the saga for whatever reason (and not just "cuz they suck". There may be many reasons)? What do you want them to do, lie just so a minority feels better? Of course I don't know what Kathleen or JJ feel about the PT. nor do I care. I find this desperate need to pick apart their interviews in order to convince themselves the ST is going to suck. Speaking of JJ. . .

"Blew up in their faces"? LMAO. Now you're just being a silly goose. Love them or hate them, AbramsTrek was very successful financially AND critically. Especially the first one. You're once again projecting your own unpopular opinions because the consensus (even by people who hate the new movies) is that the new cast was amazing! The Khan thing I sort of agree with you on, but even then I think the bigger misstep was in not being honest with us in the beginning. Otherwise Star Trek is objectively in a far better position than it was before the Reboot.

EDIT: I don't know how many teared up when Kirk "died" in STID, but I know that there were men and woman gasping in the theaters when Spock's mom died in the first one. To say nothing of the fact that Kirk and Spock's friendship felt more real than any relationship ever did in the PT.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015