main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Do you think I need to read SoD before hand or should I read it when I am in the middle of the novel? I haven't picked it up yet.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, it's set between the two halves of the novel, but I don't know if it has much bearing on this arc. Vos was originally supposed to duel Maul at some point in SOD, but it was cut for time.

3. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Okay. Looked on Amazon it is a ridiculous price there so I will wait. It is becoming harder to get olser Legends stuff I see. Part of me thinks that it's being rounded up.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    SOD is essential CW material, and it helps explain the relationship between Sidious and Dathomir. All the comic shops near me sold out of each issue as they were released, so its a popular title.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Yes I want to read it but the price is just off putting and I can't justify Why I should pay over twice it should be and was. Who is at fault the seller? Amazon? Or Lucasfilm?

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    So at some point Dooku dispatched Vox to engage Maul going by the concept art alone for SOD.

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So for the first time, I just watched ROTS after having binge-watched a number of TCW episodes in the last few days, and it really can't be stressed how much having done so adds to the film as a whole. For every bit where it doesn't quite match up*, there's like a dozen that take on much more weight thanks to TCW (and not just the obvious things either). I've always been one of the people who felt that TCW greatly improved the prequel experience, but watching them "together" like this is even better.

* As in:
    "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count!"
    "What, you mean last Tuesday?"

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Does that mean that he turned evil at some point, during or after the first half of Dark Disciple?

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    No, it was just and idea which was not used in the story.

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

He does turn legit evil in the book.

TetsuAero, he was cut outve the comic due to budget and time constraints. I would like to see the scripts be made public and canon but probably not gonna happen.

11. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Are you sure it was just from the comic and not the whole script?

Though it would make sense

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    You could be right. From what I understand though there was supposed to be a duel between Quinlan Vos and Darth Maul. The duel was planned in the early drafts of the story but never made it to the scripts according to Jeremy Barlow. I asked Barlow via email about the doublebladed fire/magiksaber used on the cover of issue #4, it was supposed to appear but was cut due to the constraints, so that weapon presumbly is canon since it was on the cover but inside the book. According to wookiepedia, a creature called the Shatterax was supposed to appear but was also cut out but found listed as canon on wookie. A lot of the battles were scaled down in SOD comic for time and panel constraints so guess we'll never know everything for sure and Koon may of been cut out as a consequence as well.

https://fanofstarwars.wordpress.com/tag/the-clone-wars/page/11/

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterax

If Dark Disciple and SOD took place within the same timeframe and SOD inbetween DD, its pretty possible Vos was gonna be it as a new assassin of Dooku's like that concept art shows. They seem pretty tight lipped about certain material and some interviewers don't really ask them certain questions for a variety of reasons I suppose.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    A week to go for us here in England! (Dark Disciple)
    Even less for you Americans!

14. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Check your inbox in a little bit. I bring gifts.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  15. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Todd the Jedi

Obviously Dark Disciple is being released this week, how do we discuss it. Is everything put in Spoiler tags? Do we discuss it once we've finished the whole book? Or do it by chapter?

Sorry I don't know the protocol for this.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I just hope it has a Clone Wars style Tom Kane narration at the start. Everything else is secondary to that.

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Sure does:

For years, the galaxy-wide conflict known as the Clone Wars has raged.
    The struggle between the rightful government of the Galactic Republic
    and the Confederacy of Independent Systems has claimed the lives of
    untold billions.

The Force-wielding Jedi, for millennia the guardians of peace in the
    galaxy, have been thwarted at nearly every turn by the Separatists and
    their leader, the Sith Lord Count Dooku.

With the war showing no signs of ending, and the casualties mount-
    ing each day, the Jedi must consider every possible means of defeating
    their cunning foe. Whether some means are too unthinkable—and some
    allies too untrustworthy—has yet to be revealed . . .

cwustudent and darskpine10 like this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You know, I just rewatched the episode "Storm over Ryloth". I gotta admit that's one of my favorite episodes. Yes, Ahsoka disobey's Anakin's orders to retreat when the blockade overcomes most of her fleet, but it's really a special episode when you see her transition from a clueless Padawan to a somewhat mature command leader (culminating with her leading the cruiser and its fleet to rescue Anakin's escape pod and outflanking the remaining enemy fighters).

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well partly. She certainly learns some responsibility. Don't forget though the duels with Grievous and Ventress. It would be unfair to call her "clueless".
    I remember my friend using her failure as fuel to his passionate dislike of Ahsoka.... he missed the entire point of the episode.

I have a question. Did season 1 connect with me more than Rebels because I was of an age where it grew up with me, so that when lessons were taught, I learnt too or was it generally better presented ie a war rather than a small revolution.

One of my favourite lines was the Season 2 Bounty Hunter arc where they go into the depths of Coruscant.

"I was being subtle"
    "Not very subtle"

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I really enjoyed Storm over Ryloth in general.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Is Storm Over Ryloth the episode in which Ahsoka disobeys Anakin and Obi-Wan and gets put on library duty? Or is that another one?

As far as season 1--I connected more with it and season 2, as much as Rebels, and I was in my late 30s when TCW started so it's not about "growing up."

I never pay attention to "lessons" in media though.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ahsoka disobeyed Anakin by not retreating on the assault of the blockade over Ryloth. Her clones were getting wiped out and she still pressed on until it was basically herself and one other fighter.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. I remember enjoying the Ryloth episodes; I'll have to watch that one again.