main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You just answered your own question.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or at least wait for Anakin to show up before doing something stupid.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Anakin was shut out by the Republic Military, he had no official pull or say in the matter, he too would be placed as a criminal if he forced his way into the prison, or aided and abetted fugitive. She did not want that so thought she could do it on her own her, she was wrong as she needed help which came in the form of Ventress and Anakin. Likely Anakin not giving up on her would make Tano not give up on Anakin despite he became Darth Vader or the flip side, she wants to free Anakin from evil and she needs to kill him to put him outve his misery and make him atone.

4. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Going with Anakin and showing that she isn't running away would've gone along way in making her look innocent. Keep in mind, at that point, all she was accused of was killing a prisoner. Her being suspected of being a part of the bombing came later.

If she made her case as Anakin suggested, I imagine the Council would at least CONSIDER her side of the story. They'd certainly agree that more of an investigation would be needed. Running from the authorities and paling with a war criminal just made it harder to defend her actions.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    "All she was accused of was killing a prisoner". The very fact that they had it on recording didn't wouldn't have helped her defense; regardless of whether or not the Jedi Council would support her. It looks like I'll have to rewatch this arc yet again, because I could swear the Council wasn't this supportive of Ahsoka; even BEFORE she started running. Yes, Anakin seemed to be on her side throughout the ordeal, but not so much with the Council itself. I'm sorry, but from my perspective Ahsoka was determined to set out on her own to prove she was innocent. And one could argue if she hadn't gone out on her own, she never would've hooked up with Ventress. And if she never hooked up with Ventress, Bariss wouldn't have any reason to kick her butt and steal her lightsabers. And if Bariss didn't have those lightsabers, Anakin would've never been able to connect Bariss to...well.....ANYTHING. I'm just saying.

6. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    I too think that Ahsoka was acting very stupidly when she escaped her prison cell, however I also find it was perfectly in-character for her: she's always been prone to jumping into things without thinking, and she also could never stand the idea of sitting around and leaving the job to someoneelse. Also don't forget that -Jedi training or not- she's a teenager who just got accused of murder, and can't even talk to her parent-figure. What do you think, how many real life teenagers would be able to resist panic in this situation?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The irony is that there's little doubt that a younger Anakin would've most likely done the exact same thing that Ahsoka did. Many have suggested how careless Ahsoka had been portrayed in many of her actions throughout TCW. You can't tell me Anakin was the teacher's pet while running around with Obi Wan as a youngster. It's easy to point the finger at the writers for making Ahsoka look like the fool for running; and yet you forget she's still ANAKIN'S PADAWAN. It's not farfetched to consider Filoni and his crew wanted to remind audiences that most of Ahsoka's actions were rubbed off directly from her master. Just try to picture Anakin, at her age, standing before the man with his arms extended in front of him saying, "I surrender".

8. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Reality ensues. When you're teenager and your master is a heavy risk taker, you've just been accused of matter, the evidence is heavily stacked against you and some a-hole is intent on incriminating you regardless of innocence or guilt (and thus your life is on the line and you're near helpless), you're probably going to make a stupid decision out of stress.

Having characters make stupid decisions isn't bad writing by default. We all make stupid decisions in real life even as we get older. How that stupid-decision-making is handled determines whether it's bad writing or not.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just to rekindle this fire from last week regarding the "fugitive" arc with Ahsoka. I've started rewatching the first two episodes (probably the 9th time or so I've watched them), and I still come to the same conclusion that it really would've done Ahsoka no good to just surrender. There were so many factors to suggest this.
    1) The public was already on edge with the Jedi as a whole even before the bombing of the temple; because of their affiliation with the war as opposed to being the "peace keepers"
    2) Tarkin himself declared that the matter was under military jurisdiction because clones were involved in the bombing
    3) The recorded video was pretty damning, and as Tarkin said, there was suspicion as to why she couldn't sense anyone else
    4) Considering Ahsoka left a trail of dead clones from the prison, it's not likely at this point that the military would even listen to the Jedi Council's own interpretations. The only thing that would get her out of jail would be a confession; and as I've suggested previously, it's not like Bariss would've just walked into the trial and shouted, "I DID IT!!!!!"

Gahmah Raan likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just to add to my last post. I rewatched the final two episodes of the "fugitive" arc with Ahsoka. Here's some quotes and other circumstances which back my argument.

"The Council believes Ahsoka guilty of the crime" - Yoda

"The Senate recommends that the Jedi Council expel Ahsoka" - Tarkin

Windu went along with it. "It would be an act of treason otherwise"; the Council itself banished her from the Order only on circumstantial evidence - and never really suggested that her decision to run away would have made a difference in their verdict.

"I understand wanting to walk away from the Order" - Anakin (what I'd believe is a reason to suggest he was never angry at Ahsoka for leaving him)

One thing I'd like to include. That orchestral music played during that last scene as Ahsoka walks out is some of the most beautiful I've heard in any Star Wars affiliated medium; be it among the movies or TV.

Hamawald likes this.
  11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    If you like the music, here's a link to my video with all the music from the episode:

Enjoy!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Thanks! I think it's at the 12:25 mark that is the music I'm specifically referring to. Very well done by the team.

13. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I saw Jedi News reported that S6 The Lost Missions was to be shown on Disney XD at some point (I'm assuming that was the US version of the channel). Does anyone know when? I'm hoping it will logically follow that Disney XD UK will also show it soon after.

Thanks!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Please, please, please let this mean a UK dvd release is coming. [face_praying]

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You're telling me after all this time it's not been released in Europe?

16. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Yep, only in the USA and Germany.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What about online streaming?

18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't have netflix, so I was going to wait for a DVD release. However, it's been nearly a year (or over a year?) since season 6, and still no UK release.

It's really annoying, as I have all the previous seasons. All I need is 6 to be complete. Or as complete as TCW is ever going to be :(

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Amazon instant video?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Unknown/d...436893067&sr=8-4&keywords=clone+wars+season+6

jabberwalkie likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I live in the UK and own the S6 Blu-ray Boxset, I got it off Amazon and it works fine on my ps4.

cwustudent and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. Darth Darthious

Darth Darthious Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2015
    It would probably be cheaper to get a netflix subscription than to buy a bunch of DVDs. Just get a subscription for a month and binge watch the clone wars

22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But I want to own Season 6. I've watched them once, but I want a permanent copy.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually first signed up for the free trial month of netflix just to watch TCW season 6 for the first time a little over a year ago. Just canceled right away and that was that.

24. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    There are other abilities some consider to be unatural.

Yeah it sucks. Disney really Frakked up the release and cover of it. It was just poor all around.

25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The season six dvd set was pretty terribly done, too. Most of the arcs started on one disc and finished on the next, so you couldn't just sit down and watch an arc at a time.
    If they'd put the bonus feature on the first disc and bumped an episode forward to the next discs, it would have worked perfectly.

DBPirate likes this.