main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Agreed. We did actually have music on the episode selection menus that time though.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  3. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    The book Ultimate Star Wars has confirmed the final chapter of the 2003 CW series as canon, or at least that's what it looks like to me.

"At the end of the Clone Wars, Shaak Ti fails to prevent General Grievois from slipping onto Coruscant and kidnapping Supreme Chancellor Palpatine."--Shaak Ti, page 65

4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks Ultimate SW. Sarcasm.
    Shaak Ti is a prime candidate to be explored in any medium for example Rebels. We could have seen her get killed over and over again.

I don't care about the book when it gets the basics wrong.
    To me if your a sw fan working on a book you should know Boba Fett's ship is Slave One not Clone One. And that is a basic fact that should be easy to get right.
    Frak the book.
    I make my own canon story 101 ways to kill Shaak Ti.

Vthuil I don't suppose you reached the Krell arc with your project? There is one clip I really want.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Does't say she died though, and she did not die in the micro-series. Maybe Ryder was mixing up TCW with the micro-series. If she did die than it would be in the ROTS deleted scene, which is not canon.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I was only halfway through Season 2. I assume that site will cover it shortly, though.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Ah never mind. Thanks anyway.

8. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    It refers to it as Slave I on several occasions. That was just one incident. Overall, the book is very well organized and set up and has a lot of info.

9. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I don't recall it being referred to as Clone I in the book.

10. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Am I the only one to observe that the killing of Mina Bonteri in Season 3, "The pursuit of peace", was a kind of rushed? Dooku just told the senate that she was killed. But I wanted to see if he personally did this or some of his henchmen. I wanted to see her face when she realized that she was deceived and her ideals are scattered down by the man she trusted most. That was IMHO to dramatic for just to be tied in with such a short remark made by the blueish Holo-Count in the senate. Or was there some shortening of that episode?

11. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
  12. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Such a loss that 'Dark Disciple' story was not put into episodes. Such a good read. Enjoyed every page of it!
    I feel that every TCW fan will be satisfied with this read..

13. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I hope .
    First I have to read Lords of the Sith though .

14. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
  15. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Nah, it doesn't make the episode canon, plus it also happened in the ROTS prequel book

16. DBPirate

Jun 20, 2015
    Oh, my mistake then.

17. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    How interesting would it have been if it was Anakin who gave the order to shoot Mina's ship down.

18. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Question for all.

Why was the Separatist Council largely ignored? And why was Agen Kolar and Stass Allie (two future council members) ignored as well?

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    1. Maybe Lucas changed his mind about what exactly he wanted the Separatists to be. He did that a lot. (I think it's safe to assume that the corporations had all the real power, though.)
    2. It's possible Koth would have died later on and been replaced by Kolar. Allie was going to show up at some point in the later seasons. I recall Filoni saying they had made at least some progress on her character model.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You can always buy it just to own it because at this rate I dont think its coming.

21. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Thanks for the response.

1. Possibly, knowing Lucas and Filoni. But they've yet again caused another major continuity error. You would think George and Dave would remember things like this:

"The Banking Clan will sign the treaty."

"The Techno Union army is at your disposal count."

"Are friends from The Trade Federation have already pledged their support. And when their battle droids are combined with ours gentlemen; we shall have an army that'll make The Republic answer any demand we make."

"General Grievous I suggest you move the Separatist Leaders to Mustafar."

And that's all from the movies. Which if I recall holds the highest level of canon above all.

2. Perhaps. But I feel he could've done a better job on all of this.

22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't see it like that, it is just a missed and murky thing they never explored.

"Which if I recall holds the highest level of canon above all."

Held. The canon level system is redundant now as all material released is canon unless otherwise stated. I guess the level system is still maintained by the legends universe so I guess we need to remember.

1. The separatist council is such a waste. I recall Filoni mention we would have gotten to see some of them. Tikkes for example.

To me though I always had the assumption that the Republic could not do anything to harm the companies involved or had any proof.
    Remember the Clovis arc where Padme is attacked and we have that scene with Lott Dod who says there isn't any proof and that it is a small splinter minority who are participating in the war.
    I see there being two sides of the Separatists, the public side being the senators and worlds publicly allied. This is what I think we saw in "Heroes on both sides" with Mina Bonteri. Count Dooku doesn't operate much here but still holds leadership.
    The other side being the private side with the council and the various companies who coordinate the resources and attacks. Again Count Dooku is the head of this side.

Narratively though it would be hard to do in a show that never explored the politics properly. We got some and they weren't all that exciting. It is hard to convey this sense of dual identity the separatists lead in a 20 minute show.

2. Eeth Koth can't die. I cannot allow it. There was talk of including him soon I think it was mentioned we would see later members of the council with Oppo Rancis being mentioned and I think Stass Allie and Agen Kolar.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we get told Saluecami was considered for a future arc?

* We should go through and try to find the quotes on the podcasts. We all seem to 'recall' stuff but it might be a good idea.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Lucas said that if he could re-do ROTS, he would take out the TF ships from the Battle of Coruscant.
    Most of the Separatist Council was captured on Coruscant for the majority of the series. How sad. So much potential wasted.

24. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Okay, so this is a really minor thing, but it's driving me totally nuts. The Wookieepedia page on the Battle of Sullust from "Nightsisters" lists "At least 1 Consular-class cruiser" as among the Republic casualties, with the description implying it's around the time of Ventress's firing run right at the start of the episode. But I've just watched it repeatedly, and I can't see any such cruiser being destroyed at all. I'm not sure if the page is wrong or if I keep missing something, but even though it's a very small detail, it's really frustrating being unsure on this.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wookieepedia can be edited by anyone so there's your answer.