main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, but I actually went through the history to check, and that piece of information was added by a very senior editor. Which doesn't necessarily prove anything, but it's not just some random anon making stuff up at least.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    a destroyer is blown up not a consular ship. they have the wrong class. it may be a venator.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    It says below in the Behind the scenes section that THE Resolute was blown up. I don't know about ship classes and didn't remember that the planet was either sullust but that maybe the ship.

4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    yes it was the resolute and it was a venator class so we're all correct. ;)

Resolute - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Wow I never realized it was the Resolute that was destroyed in that battle... I mean who cares about Ventress being betrayed by Dooku? WE LOST THE RESOLUTE!

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Wow that legitimately semi made me said.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The destruction of the Resolute symbolized the end of Anakin & Ahsoka's light-hearted adventures of earlier seasons.

8. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Its kind of cool to see early recordings and see how many of these characters voices evolved over time whether it was through age or they decided on a different sound. Honestly both Clone Wars and Rebels had/have a great cast and I like that they are two of the few shows these days that record most episodes ensemble because honestly that works better for the benefit of the actors at least in my opinion.

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think everyone can agree that the VA in TCW/Rebels rocks!:D

10. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    1. I thought Obi had witnessed them pledging their loyalty to Dooku in AOTC? Did he not tell anyone?

So if they're "neutral" the whole time and no can find any evidence against them; how do Lucas and Filoni explain how all of them are hiding out with Grievous on Utapau in Episode 3?

[​IMG]

2. No idea. Unfortunately, Dave and "the story group" can kill him if they want to.

11. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    When did Anakin become a Jedi Knight anyway? I didn't know where to post it so I am posting it here. The current canon has no explanation on when Anakin was knighted. They should have just kept his battle with Ventress on Yavin 4 canon and make that his final trial.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Believe it or not, there was a thread about this once upon a time.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/when-did-anakin-become-a-jedi-knight.50008310/

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i believe after the end of aotc anakin was made a knight like obi was made one after the event of tpm.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  14. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Fair enough, but what did Anakin do on Geonosis that warranted Knighthood? He survived in the arena and against Dooku, but is that really enough?

15. MandaloreMaul77

MandaloreMaul77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2015
    Watch the first half of the 2003 series and then watch the clone wars movie

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    After AoTC; facing and surviving a duel with a Sith Lord was his Trial.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You know, I was just watching ANH the other day, and one question came to me (even though I'm sure it's probably been discussed countless times in the past). At what point did Obi-Wan get Anakin's light saber; to essentially bequeath it Luke when the time came? I mean, obviously it was an outright lie when he tells Luke that "your father wanted you to have this", but it still left me scratching my head for the moment. I don't remember if Kenobi simply took the light saber from Anakin after defeating him on Mustafar; honestly I've seen ROTS maybe twice all the way through.

18. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah, he picked up Anakin's lightsaber from the ground because it fell when his limbs got chopped off.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    LOL just rewatched the clip on Youtube. I see he picks up the saber nonchalantly; though they did emphasize that he was in fact picking it up by zooming in.

20. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Thank goodness ROTS made it clear Obi-Wan did pick it up. Otherwise it would've been another big issue endlessly debated here. :p

thejeditraitor and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Does leave a tad open for debate; though. Was Kenobi in fact picking it up with full intention of giving it to the future offspring? If he wanted to just keep it away from Anakin, he could've just thrown it into the lava lake.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It was probably reflexive for him at that point to pick up Anakin's lightsaber, who always lost it somehow. :p

But Luke wasn't born yet, so he probably didn't have him in mind at the time. More of a sentimental gesture, and then once he decided to take Luke to Tatooine, he must have thought of holding on to the lightsaber to eventually give Luke.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Simple answer is the director told him to.

It does not make any sense in the movie for him to stop and pick up the lightsaber. That weapon was supposed to have been used to serve the Republic and protect lives, meanwhile Anakin used that weapon to murder Jedi and younglings a more natural instinct for Kenobi was to have simply kicked the lightsaber into the lava. Kenobi thinking , oh let me hand to his unborn child later on is not a realistic thought thats like he knew future events as if he played ANH on DVD prior to fighting Anakin like out've Spaceballs or something - plus we know true younglings/padawans have build their own lightsaber and be worthy to get a kyber crystal even. Ezra has to be found worthy himself so this process and tradition did not die and Obi Wan could've trained Luke as a legit padawan if that was the case.

But worse still, is really why he left Anakin alive, you can argue he could not kill but that never stopped Kenobi before, Maul surviving and ravaging across the galaxy should've gave Kenobi much added incentive to make sure he killed Vader not leave it up to chance or the will of the Force which also happened to shifted over the Sith for some time, and the Jedi's ability to use the Force had diminished. So Kenobi is much to blame for the horrors and atrocities Vader committed following Mustafar. He should be living in shame in his hut.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maybe, maybe, he wanted to give it back to Anakin one day?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

In all fairness, you can't really compare the Sith Darth Maul to Anakin; in terms of their relationships to Kenobi and why he wouldn't kill them. For G-d's sake, he cut Maul in half. What more could he have done to make sure he was dead? And in terms of Anakin, he essentially left him for dead. You see him burning up beyond recognition anyway. What more could Kenobi have done, shoved him further into the lava with a stick?