main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    are you serious?

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well of course you can, Maul would've been a learning experience, as would Quinlan Vos. General Grievous would've been another clue as hey, the tech exists to keep such creatures alive and functional. Anakin was no longer Anakin but now a Sith Lord who he witnessed first hand slaughtering youglings and padwans and was under orders from Yoda even to kill. Kenobi simply could've walked over and delivered the killing blow - letting him suffer in agony and leaving things up to chance despite knowing that Sith do not die so easily are not good character traits for Kenobi. If he wanted to let Anakin/Vader suffer in pain and die a slow death that is also questionable character for a Jedi, he delivered no mercy kill or a kill to ensure that Sith menace was truly dead so all of that is like a double failure on two fronts right there. More towards the lightsaber, even him hanging onto the lightsaber is problematic as Jedi arent supposed to have attachments, why would he hoard his fallen apprentice's lightsaber for, even in-universe it doesnt make any sense and just comes off as inappropriate timing to be sentimental or a very strange foreseeing the event that this weapon could be handed to Skywalker's child or grandchild or even back to Luke who knows- that itself is very strange being that Anakin himself was of a highly dubious and questionable nature going back to TPM with the Council and even Obi Wan suspecting Anakin was dangerous and originally all against him being trained which turned out to be correct. So for Obi Wan to suspect his offspring, born out've sin already and shrouded in the darkside of the Father's lies and lust for power, is just too nonsense. It also raises questions for me, as if they're putting too much significance into the lightsaber as now it seems to have survived Bespin - reminds me of the Dead Man's Gun series. But if there is some cult-like significance to this weapon will it make Kenobi a hero or villain in him holding onto the lightsaber and being further responsible for more events and deaths.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Uh yeah. I'm not such an enthusiastic fan of the PT movies as a whole. Of course there are the major scenes in each of the movies I'd want to watch; but you'd just as easily find them on Youtube.

4. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I just hope the lightsaber does not become like Sauron's ring for the new trilogy, but the rumored storyline appears as if this lightsaber is supposed to be akin to Excalibur . :confused:

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

As if I would take anything from Will Ferrell to heart.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well thats JCF for you.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Look at Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book for example. People made a fuss about Harry not taking back the map from the fake Moody and Rowling added that in later.

9. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

If I could I would like that post so much more.

11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    How come we didn't see more of the awesome Aayla Secura? She was great in TCW!?

12. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

It seemed odd that Vos in Dark Disciple never mentioned training Aayla, or that she could have had more of a presence in that story. In any case, she would have appeared in the Son of Dathomir episodes, helping Windu fight against Maul.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I recall Vos having a presence in Son of Dathomir, after he fell to the dark side in Dark Disciple. If he hadn't been cut from SOD, I wonder which side(s) he'd have fought with and against.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  14. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I agree. We just should've seen more Jedi in general.

15. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    He would have fought against Maul on Dooku's side. I sincerely doubt he would've encountered the Jedi because of the whole "Admiral Enigma" business.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am still wondering how General Grievous would've felt towards serving under Admiral Enigma had Vos remained a Sith apprentice. Seems Sith-like names were handed to both Vos and Grievous, Ventress its unknown whether she was given that name by Dooku or not.

17. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Also how was Cad Bane able to take the Senate so easily? There were hardly any guard for the seat of GALACTIC government?

No troopers, no Jedi? The Jedi sense nothing?

Even when help is sent, no Jedi are sent? No gunship follows Bane discreetly?

Also isn't the Senate MASSIVE? It seems very small on the inside?

Precisely right? Especially Aayla, Adia Gallia, Shaak Ti, Master Shryne, Master Cin Drallig, etc.

It would have been awesome to see more Jedi in action.

Not to mention, more Jedi leading their troopers or working undercover, e.g. Aayla as a Twi'lek slave or on Zygeria.

We could have seen Jabiim and Obi Wan and other Jedi leading a hopeless campaign on that world.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He is Cad Bane thats why!

In all seriousness he is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy and its not like he did it alone.

19. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    He is very good. Agreed. But tbh, we should still see him taking down more Senate Guards discreetly. And in addition, possibly a few clone troopers on duty as well. The Senate is massive, not just a few corridors. It seems virtually empty as well.

And no one on the outside world is aware of something happening?? It seems bizarre. I liked the episode and the opening sequence was great with the bounty hunters advancing. But you needed more, maybe a Joker style dark knight attack by Cad Bane and decoys and various people being taken out.

E.g. after the initial attack on the platform, the command tower raises the alarm and the Senate goes on alert. Senate Guards arrive at the scene, but the attackers are gone. The communication tower relaying signals between the Senate and the Jedi Temple are hit by a second bounty hunter team who are betrayed by Bane as their ship explodes along with it. In addition, various distractions around Coruscant distract everybody and the Jedi are trying to work out what is going on.

An initial response team is sent by GAR Command (though lacking Jedi) to the Senate. Remember at this point, communications are down. Two gunships approach the main docking area. The rest of the Senate has been locked down internally by blast doors and shields so that this upper east wing area is cordoned off from elsewhere. Senators and staff are evacuating on the other side. The only people inside this section are the Senators who are later hostage and the Chancellor himself. There are two more units of Senate Guards - one guard rotation and another lot on the platform. Suddenly, when landing at the main docking area, one gunship fires on the other destroying it.

Clones jump out of it and kill the Senate guards on the platform. Cad Bane takes off his helmet and order his posse to move forward (all are disguised in trooper uniform). The commando droid fakes the guard's voice (as in the episode to the guard rotation to tell him that backup is here). Then Cad Bane and some bounty hunters go and kill the guard rotation, whilst the other team cuts off internal communcations and destroys the ability of anyone to enter through the lockdown.

At this time, two gunships with Jedi onboard - say Adia Gallia and Shaak Ti, leading troopers attempt to enter the main docking area, but the shield is still raised. They land at the west side of the building. A discussion between them and the Senate Guards reveal they thought backup had already arrived. When they attempt to open the lockdown doors to reach the Chancellor above, they realize the lockdown is sealed from the inside. Even a lightsaber will not be able to cut through the several feet wide security doors. They start to cut through with welders, when Cad Bane takes the Senators hostage and communicates with the Chancellor. And the episode continues as normal.

And at the end, when Cad Bane is getting away (after the Chancellor orders Jedi and troopers to stand down), a Jedi vehicle piloted by Cin Drallig and Serra Keto track his vehicle. They attempt to ambush him with clones, but it supposedly explodes. However they later find that he is escaped via one of Coruscant's drains. But they find a clue leading to the planet where Obi Wan and Qui Lon Vos are later dispatched.

Isn't that better?

In that case, can Harry please end up with Cho Chang as they both liked each other since book 3 and it makes way more sense?

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Not really comparable imo. Just adding a scene so that no one can freak out about Harry using the map in OOTP. Changing Ginny to Cho would cause so much to be changed OOTP onwards. And if JK could, she would change it to Hermione.
    If it was 3rd or 4th Year Harry and 4th or 5th Year Cho they might have worked. But 5th Year Harry and 6th Year Cho? Not a chance. Or at least have Harry and Cho talk about the Graveyard at the start of 5th year and get that out of the way.
    Hermione forcing Harry to end the date early was such a turn-off. She should have known that Harry would have screwed that up. He's a guy. He was going to say something stupid. I do believe Hermione did that so Harry would eventually get with Ginny.

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I agree with lots more Jedi being featured - but please no, no Aayla undercover as a slave - it would come across as just another out of universe excuse to showcase her physical attributes while paying lip service to her "awesomeness." Honestly, I know many would love to see that way, but to me that's unfair to the character's potential as a character, as opposed to taking advantage of her "blue boobies" as some define her.

It would be interesting to see her in a story where she's interacting with, say, recently freed Twi'lik slaves, and helping them to a life of self-determination, though.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin and Obi-Wan should have been focused on for like 1 maybe 2 arcs per season. Spread the wealth. Show other Jedi.
    Show what other Jedi think of Anakin and Obi-Wan.
    There is a galactic war out there. You really expect me to believe that Anakin and Obi-Wan were at every single engagement?

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Personally, I thought Dooku could've used some more character exploration and been treated with more respect. He was interesting in AOTC but so underused and his time in ROTS was a waste. Lucas could've fixed that in TCW. Back in the TCW movie he was still holding back and toying with Anakin and Anakin nearly killed him in that movie. Yet Dooku did not learn his lesson, he repeats the same thing in ROTS. Then all the skin of the teeth close calls in the actual series always made Dooku a rather joke of a character. One one hand you get the feel of the EU storyline, Dooku was goading Anakin to the darkside to become a shared weapon between him and Sidious, yet at the same time he comes off as inappropriately used as stupid loser. Only in the later seasons did Dooku become more threatening but it was too little too late and even then he was getting choked by Sidious. Grievous and Kenobi were another pair. Ventress was under used and she and Grievous were thwarted too often and without much effort, its hard to imagine the Separatists winning the war if they lost in every episode or other episode especially being led by those three.

But I don't know, for the most part I still enjoy Dark Horse's Republic series over TCW, while the show got better the more it came closer or felt more like Republic and got darker.

Darthmaul208 and DarthTalonx like this.
  24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, I have to admit I'd have liked Anakin with Obi-Wan (and Snips) like every other arc. But that's me. While I like the idea, I'm not sure that showcasing other Jedi and how they think about Anakin and Obi-Wan is fair to them or would serve the greater purpose of showcasing the war and those who participate.

I'd have liked a lot more introspection of the price of war, civilian viewpoints, etc. myself. Even if just a few lines here and there.

But to be fair (someone actually worked this out some time back), Obi-Wan showed up in a fair amount of episodes but many of those appearances were to bark out an order and then he disappeared. He didn't have the show time of Anakin or Snips, but when he did, I sure mainly enjoyed them (other than the verging on destruction of his character).

DarthTalonx likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooku, Grievous and the Separatist Council needed more fleshing out.
    Fair point Valairy Scot.
    It's a fine line.
    Reading the ROTS novelization really got me thinking about it. The prologue specifically.
    Seeing what common people think of A&O etc.
    And give Barriss some more screen time.