main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The story was approved of by the story group (the Infinity team seems to think that it's canon, from a certain point of view :p ) and it was written as if it was a lost episode of TCW, but I don't think that the SG considers this story as real canon
    For confirmation, Check page 3-4 of this thread
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-infinity-disney-infinity-3-0.50029939/

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wild Space is not canon - and it had Obi-Wan *not* on the Council during events of TCW even when he clearly *was* on the Council, so I'd take a lot of Wild Space with a grain of salt (and I like the novel overall, though there's things and characterizations I don't as well).

3. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The only thing I remember about Wild Space was that it spawned tons of Obi-wan/Bail slashfic.[face_dunno]

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The images in my head right now.

Thanks. :p

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    No problem[face_skull] Ishipit

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  7. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Coruscant or Akiva?

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Probably all those TCW-original planets. They're mentioned in passing in the excerpt.

9. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    ABSOLUTELY!! Maul should be dead by TPM. Anything showing him before that is fine, but it was rather populist and made no sense to bring him back AFTER TPM. With Luke falling, Yoda falling and Mace falling, there was some ambiguity. But with Maul.. he was cut in two! He's dead!

Lol. Would be nice to also see Obi Wan becoming a Jedi Master and then being given a place on the Jedi Council. Not to mention, we never see Anakin becoming a Jedi Knight!!

Also, more of Anakin and Obi Wan bonding to show the great friendship that was cited in the OT.

Davak24 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Aftermath is looking very promising.

11. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
  12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    This is bordering on spam.

13. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    There was an Aayla mention earlier in the thread. Sorry, my internet wasn't working properly so when I clicked reply it didn't post earlier. I forgot to hit reply when posting it this time round, sorry!!

14. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @DarthTalonx I don't have much to add other than the figure is one of the best, she is on my top 10 characters, she needs/needed more time on her and why the hell wasn't she mentioned in Dark Disciple.

15. Jam Lacobus

Jam Lacobus Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 4, 2015
    Sorry if this has been answered before.

Does anyone know if Disney plan to release complete Blu-Ray box set? All episodes, extras, commentaries and animatics would be awesome. And I'd buy that for a dollar (and maybe a few more...).

Cant believe this isn't coming out over the next few months!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Not that I have heard. There is the Season 1 - 5 boxset out so that is the main bulk of the series but everything else is elsewhere. I would love to see it come with tie books and comics but alas I don't think that is going to happen.
    Someone can clarify this but I think the 1 - 5 boxset is just a collection of the seasons in a box. It might be cheaper and more beneficial to buy them separately. I collected them season by season so I don't know but understand how frustrating it can be. Gradually the boxsets started getting smaller with less and less included. The house styles also weren't consistent. Should be noted Season 1 and 2 had an artwork booklet included but this was stopped and not done for the others. To me I would do a TCW book with ALL of the concept art that is available online. Maybe one day Jason Fry will do a Making of Star Wars TCW.
    I would also like a digital copy and I feel it should be a standard these days. ( looking at you Star Wars Digital Collection )

* In comparison to other franchises.
    Battlestar Galactica includes all of the episodes and special features and one 'movie'. There is more movies and mini spin offs to buy so that is annoying.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer sounds really cool and I want to watch it but the boxset is only available for DVD. 10 seasons of it I want it to be worthwhile and easy to collect and store.

I think it is unavoidable. Perhaps it could be sorted but if some one enjoys the show, the stuff is out there for them. Do I think it puts people off? Yes.

17. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The boxset had was a collection of the different seasons but without the first two artbooks and incuded a smaller hardcover artbook instead.
    I bought a cheap dvd version just to get the book as i had already bought all seasons separately on Blu-ray.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They can't. Warner has home video distribution rights for the movie and the first five seasons. I don't see those expiring any time soon.

They'll probably be able to release them on the next home video format.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Hmm. Interesting. I need to get the TCW blu-rays...mostly for these.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I always find it funny how much was cut per season from the show.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Or changed. Ever watch the animatic for Sphere of Influence?

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    My theory on the uncompleted parts of TCW: The various mediums in which unfinished content has been releases are roughly analogous to the Missing Episodes of Doctor Who. (If you don't know, in the 1960's and 70's the BBC wiped many tapes of classic TV shows, including Doctor Who. This theory may seem incomprehensible to anyone unfamiliar with the Missing Episodes)

Completed Episodes (Season 6): The completed episodes released in the Lost Mission are equivalent to the episodes that have been recovered and returned to the archives.

Complete Animatics (Utapau, Bad Batch): These are equivalent to the animated reconstructions, for episodes such as The Invasion or the Ice Warriors, they feature complete audio, and a rough guide to the finished product.

Son of Dathomir: This is equivalent to a Telesnap reconstruction, using photos taken at intervals to recreate the story, such as those produced by Loose Cannon, or released for the Web of Fear episode 3.

Animatic Clips: The sections of animatics shown at celebration are equivalent to clips found from otherwise missing episodes, eg. The five minute clip from Galaxy Four, or the censored clips found in Australia.

Dark Disciple: This is equivalent to a Target Novel, interpreting the events of the story in prose form, and changing certain details.

That's about it, but I find it startling how the Missing Episodes and Unfinished Episodes are being 'restored' in such similar fashions.

23. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The difference would be that the tcw episodes are just being finished slowly :)

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just want to say happy birthday to Dee Bradley Baker

You are one of the most talented voice actors I have ever seen.[face_party]

also I just found this definitely one of the better tributes to the clone wars.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I just realized that Satine and Katan have another sibling.

Also I was thinking who was the more evil Maul or Vizla.