main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Sadly the arcs I would love to see get animated the most like the Tikkes and the CIS Council /Padme investigation arc probably won't. They should definitely animate the Mandalore/Rots tie in finale arc. They should release the Bh arc reels I mean I heard they payed to finish the Bad Batch reels so why not do the same to the Bh arc as it was so near completion.... One good idea that has been mentioned before was direct to dvd releases like with the Dc animated films, that works out.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    SeparatistFan The Bounty Hunter arc is in some weird status where they won't acknowledge why they won't release it. An LF person on twitter said they'd be "Very surprised if this ever gets released" in any form. The RFR podcast said the arc likely has issues with the canon they are trying to lay out currently with the Story Group. Which seems to point to the Boba Fett film they are currently developing, and probably wanting plenty of creative room to build his story, possibly outside of what was laid out in the BH arc. Very sad, i want to see this one, but signs seem to point to this being shelved.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think they were missing one or two voice actors one being Simon Pegg.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That would be ideal. It is hard to see at this point, but I would love to see a special every year that is based on a story from "The Clone Wars". In a way, the reels of the Utapau arc and the Bad Batch arc feel to me like specials.
    Those story arcs are ready material to be used as comics or novels. It is just too good and too easy not to take advantage of that fact.

The episode "The Lost Commanders" had Rex say that he served with Ahsoka from the battle of Christophsis to the siege of Mandalore. I have come to think that was maybe meant as meta-reference. Rex saying that line is basically how the old show started and I think where the LF crew wanted it to end.
    Watto Maybe the siege of Mandalore story will be delved into via flashbacks or people in "Rebels" telling stories about it. Maybe both. I would love to see Rex or Ahsoka talk over scenes from the siege of Mandalore.

I think the plot of the Bounty Hunter arc so good that LF wanted to keep it for a movie. It just makes sense. Why release something as free reels if you can change some little things then make it about the older version of the main character in that arc and release it as a 3D film. I think they will reuse the ideas in that arc, cast a Boba Fett and have the movie ready after "Rogue One" or the Han Solo movie. Nobody outside LF has seen the arc and I think nobody ever will, but maybe we will see the arc as a Boba Fett movie in 2020.

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Filonious Maximus has said that he wanted various references from Rex and Ahsoka to past events we haven't seen yet like "the Siege of Mandalore." He said it would feel like when Obi-Wan referenced the Clone Wars to Luke in ANH and no one knew what that was for years. So we'd get bits and pieces and mysterious dialogue throughout these episodes of Rebels and it would give us little tastes but leave us scratching our heads. I think he's trying to build enthusiasm though too so that more fans would ask to finally see these events via the original animated episodes they were meant to be.

I think we're in agreement on the BH arc material being saved for a film, except they may let the writers/directors alter portions of the plot or add to it. That seems like prime material for a film, but probably not with TCW characters who not all audiences are familiar with. But also, if Cad Bane originally died in this arc (this is just a theory) or other characters like him, he would no longer be available for use in other animated or cinematic stories. If they shelve this arc, that actually opens the possibilities of using these guys elsewhere later even if they had originally died in the script. Which in a way is kinda cool.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So while readingTwilight company I came across a reference to death watch and it peaked my interest because it was worded as "Death Watch survivors"

Hmmm.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Indeed. "Rebels" is all about capturing the feel of the old movies. I see what you mean there. It does make sense. It is like "The Clone Wars" promos in "Rebels". Personally, I want to go watch "The Clone Wars" every time I see something from it on "Rebels". Some of the time I do. That is just me.
    I think if LF is indeed hyping fans in a subtle way by having the references like that then it will pay off big time if they decide to put it on the market eventually. I bet everybody will buy the "Siege of Mandalore" comics when they come out.

Regarding the Bounty Hunters arc, that is why I said
    It is indeed perfect for a movie. I can not think of a better story for a solo 3D movie on a big screen. That is why I said 3D as in live-action in 3D and not CG animated. It would be perfect for Boba to shine.
    I also think that maybe LF are not sure what to do with Bane. If they release the arc as it is or as it is rumoured to be then we would have to see Bane die in reels or a in comic. That will be in the same manner LF have killed off other amazing villains that were born from "The Clone Wars" like Trench and Talzin. Bane would make an amazing villain to see on the big screen though. He would translate very nicely if you ask me. Anything is possible at this point with this arc. I heard that it was far in production and it had more of a chance to see the light of day like the Utapau or Bad Batch arcs, but it was not as complete in terms of voicing or all scenes added. Well, one thing is sure. The BH arc has a brighter future than the Tikkes arc or any of the much later arcs. Time will tell which we will see or not see.

TIKKES FOREVER!!!

Interesting.... Bo-Katan connection maybe...

8. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    I personally think we'll get TCW wrapped up via comic books mid 2016. Right now everything is all OT and ST focused, as to get the normies hyped up. Now notice, in January, just a few weeks after Episode VII, a prequel comic releases. We'll start seeing Clone Wars again in 2016.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We already are getting comics set in the PT. The current Kanan arc is about his adventures during TCW.

I expect to get a lot more prequel content after episode 7.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Fine by me... [face_whistling]

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know he is the most obnoxious person to ever work on SW, but he did do Dengar.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Man, now I really need to crack that book open! :p

I'm curious, JFK, does the context clearly indicate that they are referencing surviving former members of DW (as I suspect from your wording), or -- for example -- innocent survivors of a DW action?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It just says "Death watch Survivors"

And that's about it. I love how TC has all these little references throughout the book.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I would love the Bh arc to me made into a live action movie. The question is would Disney allow a movie with so many main alien characters? From the look of Ep 7 and Rogue One they really seem to humanising Star Wars which sucks.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    Yeah its an odd one alright. What could possible happen canonically in this arc that could cause problems for the Boba Fett film? Even if say a major character died, they could just release a comic explaining how he really survived. Plus we've been told that the story group consider all the unreleased TCW episodes to be canon, which leads me to believe its not a canonically problem with this arc.
    I've speculated in the past that they might actually be holding this arc back in order to release it along side the Boba Fett film. It's not uncommon for film to get an animated prequel/supporting straight to DVD release.
    All we can do is just keep asking about it and showing our support for it to be released, just like the other remaining TCW arcs :)

If thats all thats missing then it wouldn't take much to complete, if they needed to they could even recast the missing voice actors, Pegg could certainly be recast.

16. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    If it is being saved for a film then maybe we could get the original TCW version as a bonus feature on the film's dvd/blu-ray, even if it just the story reel version :)

Watto likes this.
  17. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Yes sir, you were correct, i checked the image shown right before the one you posted and there were three columns, The other dude was just in the way of the numbers for the third, ha ha.

So yeah, interesting, they wrote the outcome of the episode first.

The mention of Palps in the end does seem to sugest that he has some ongoing plan in place for the Quarrens. Hm...

18. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I would hate for it to be a live action movie. There are so many more restrictions / costs involved in live action, and the characters would look a lot different. I think The Clone Wars looks really good, and I prefer it to any sort of live action film.

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If we do get more clone wars era material in the future (besides the Kanan comic), whether it be in animation/comic/books, there are somethings I would like to see......

More Republic Commandos, particularly Delta Squad and Gregor (before he crashed landed on Abafar or after he left)

Story focused on the perspective of Clone pilots.

Something from the eyes of Separatists Leaders besides Dooku and Grievous.

A story from the perspective of CIS soldiers, and unlike many other portrayals of the CIS, these characters can have good intentions, fitting the "heroes on both sides".

A bit of Anakin and Obiwan in the early years of the clone wars, before TCW. I wouldn't mind seeing Ventress again, pre-TCW.

Some of Anakin and Obiwan's adventures close to RoTS, in a time in which Anakin hasn't seen Padme for a while. I wonder if Anakin ever encountered Ahsoka post season 5 but pre-RoTS.

I would like to see more of Mace Windu.

I do like when star wars adds new characters, and I also the relationship between master and apprentice during war time. Instead of focusing on Jedi from the films or the apprentice of the Chosen One, or that kid Kanan, it would be great if we had a story (comic?) that deals with a Jedi Master and his apprentice (new characters) partaking in some of the earliest missions in the war, and how they deal with a war that has recently started.

And please have a story in which Maul DIES for GOOD, pre-RoTS. Preferably by Obiwan.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I believe your TCW storyline ideas are great... and some also seem to be part of what they actually conceived. They worked in the writers room with George Lucas to craft the final season and finale, so I think for that reason they'd want to be true to these concepts. They've said as much in terms of these being GL's final contribution to Star Wars, and they claim that even in their unproduced form, they are considering these stories canon when producing new stories. For this reason, if they produce more episodes, they'll likely see through to the end the ones they've actually scripted, some of which already went through the full pre-production phase with art and story reels. I like your ideas about pre-TCW arcs and seeing other Jedi character beyond the main heroes, but it looks like they got more focused in the final season as they wrapped up all the storylines. But about half of your ideas actually line up with TCW team's actual storylines from what they've teased us with:

-Story focused on the perspective of Clone pilots.: The writer Brent Friedman and Filoni himself shared that the final season's Rex/R2 arc starts out as a "Top Gun" like story with competition between Clone Pilots and rivalry with ground forces infantry like Rex... Rex gets into trouble because of this ;)

-Some of Anakin and Obiwan's adventures close to RoTS, in a time in which Anakin hasn't seen Padme for a while. I wonder if Anakin ever encountered Ahsoka post season 5 but pre-RoTS: This one is interesting because we know that the series finale arc is "the Siege of Mandalore" which could be considered part of "the outer rim sieges" that Anakin mentions in ROTS to Padme, the ones they had to be brought back from to rescue the Chancellor (Mandalore is Outer Rim). Rex mentions serving with Ahsoka at "the Siege of Mandalore" in the current season of Rebels. I pulled a quote from Filoni from this year's Anaheim Celebration Clone Wars panel and he explains "the end of the clone wars tv series coincided with Revenge of the Sith and went past it. The final episodes of the series explained where Ahsoka and Rex and the major characters were during things like the battle of coruscant, during Order 66, and even things that happened after order 66 was called." You can watch this panel on the Star Wars youtube channel. So I could see Anakin and Obi-Wan being there during the first part of the arc, then being called back to Coruscant. They may have been reunited with Ahsoka briefly which would be cool for this series finale, before having to leave, and Ahsoka and Rex and the Clones serving them would have to finish the "mop up" alone. Maybe they find out about what happened on Coruscant via transmissions with the council, and then later maybe Rex receives Order 66 from Palpatine leading to more conflict?

- And please have a story in which Maul DIES for GOOD, pre-RoTS. Preferably by Obiwan: Once again, Siege of Mandalore would be write up your alley as it was confirmed by the writers that Maul was part of this arc, we did see a sketch of him that Filoni drew at the story conference. We don't know what happened to him in this arc, but my guess is he would have perished to resolve that storyline and wrap up that loose end. Who took him out though? Could have been Obi-wan and Anakin together? Or Ahsoka and Rex with assistance from the clones and/or Bo Katan's nite owls?

I was just thinking today that it would be great if they produced a final season on Netflix, with 12-20 episodes and then produced the Siege of Mandalore as a feature animated film in theaters, as part of the Anthology film series. Finally getting the chance to do a Clone Wars animated film that does the series justice!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I totally agree with your wishes for the CIS, it had many soldiers yet Tcw hardly gave us anything but droids. I would love to see other Separatist Leaders like Gunray, Tambor, Passed Argente be explored. I would also like to see some CIS characters that truly care about the Separatist cause, I mean Dooku was with the CIS going along with Sidious's plan, Grievous only cared about killing Jedi and the Corporation Leaders only seemed to care about profit, most of the CIS commanders were under developed and shown as sadistic power cravers. We also needed to see more CIS victories especially due to tactics of the CIS commanders they weren't competent enough for my liking and we should have seen Grievous kill Jedi and actually hold on to their lightsabers.

22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    darskpine10 likes this.
  24. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015

Do you know where we could find some of that info about more Clone Wars content coming in 2016? :)

25. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    There is none :)