main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I want to see these episodes so bad.
    Despite some of people's greivances with TCW's portrayal of Padmé, I will always be so grateful for the show giving us more Padmé point blank. Things are so bleak on her front for being the main female character of her trilogy. Smh.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Man I wish I could see these.... I hope they reveal more info on the Star Wars Celeberation :)

DarthTalgus and Watto like this.
  3. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    So, in "Children of the Force", a Force-sensitive Rodian toddler just casually levitates a ball around while his mother is talking with a disguised Cad Bane. Which is weird, right? What's up with that?

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Weird about what? I guess it is weird that the mother isn't immediately suspicious of Bane wielding a blaster as opposed to a light saber. It's assumed that the mother knew her child had force sensibilities, so obviously the levitating ball trick was nothing special.

5. Corac

Aug 16, 2015
    I mean the fact that a toddler was able to levitate an object at all. Even for Anakin and Luke, telekinesis wasn't something they could do without training, let alone before they could speak.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Every force sensitive has different skills and abilities they know right away, even without being taught. Like being a natural at fighting or healing; this child is naturally good at lifting objects with the force.

7. Corac

Aug 16, 2015
    Good point, but I thought telekinesis specifically was on a higher level than that sort of thing. Are there any other characters who are able to do this sort of thing without training?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Rey pulls a lightsaber without any Jedi training, or at least no training we are aware of.

We see Ventress as a baby do a force push, without any knowledge of the force.

9. Corac

Aug 16, 2015
    Ah, I must have missed that about Ventress. I'm glad it's not just the glaring inconsistency I thought it was (and has been bugging me since) when I first watched the episode.

As has been frequently pointed out, though, Rey can do a great many things without any training; I strongly believe she's a special case in one way or another. But that's a debate for another thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's what I was going to say.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And Ezra opens the Holocron with the Force - hard to tell if this scene of a bunch of floating Holocron bits is his own telekinesis or a property the Holocron itself has. Still, shortly afterwards in Droids in Distress - he knocks Kallus away with it - and a point is made of how he hasn't received any training yet from Kanan.

Corac and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Quick question, does anyone know the name of the music in the trailer. I think it's great :)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I believe it's called "This ends now" by Aaron Sapp. fett 4

fett 4 likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Thank you :)

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Holocrons could only be activated and used through the power of the Force so its most likely similar to how the younglings build their lightsabers in TCW - something Ezra also accomplishes much sooner, much easier, with less training and disciplane than the TCW younglings - even Yoda gives him his own crystal when before it had to be earned.

16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was earned. The entire concept of Path of the Jedi was Ezra earning his crystal. The trials of Ilum are traditional, but ultimately shown to be superfluous. There's a reason Yoda shattering the ice wall is such a key moment in The Gathering. It's the personal introspection that's most important, looking within and coming to terms with who you are, what you want to be, and why. Ezra navigates this path the same as the other Initiates, and upon coming to terms with his inner self, his clarity is rewarded. The artistic black starfield of the episode's climax and his use of the Force might obscure it somewhat, but Yoda doesn't give him a crystal. Like the Clone Wars-era Initiates, Ezra pulls it from the temple walls, having completed the trial.

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Nothing superfluous about the tradition or trials, thats how they earned it plus they spent years prior training and schooling/testing to get up to that point.

With Ezra it was not earned, it was given to him after a short chat with Yoda and even then there was some doubt and nothing Ezra did up to that point was really clearly & consistently Jedi worthy even in personality as he was still conflicted and doing questionable things and even channeling the dark side - essentially it boiled down to Yoda not learning from one mistake (Anakin) and making another by choosing yet another emotionally unstable and conflicted cloudy older child which is against Jedi code to begin with. Even if he had to make the exception due to the war and time, this was something he did not learn from with Anakin nor does it explain why later he still expresses doubt about a young adult Luke(and again age , fear and overall cloudy doubt of uncertainly is an issue) but ultimately caves in anyway mainly on Kenobi's insistence.

Yoda gave him the crystal despite Ezra visibly and clearly agitated and angry & still talking about revenge and Yoda saying a lot of scrambled stuff that never quite makes sense but he delivers the kyber anyway and says Ezra may yet be a Jedi simply cause he says "he feels alive" which was something Yoda needed to hear as a key word to release the kyber crystal and send him on his merry way . Ezra passing the illusion trial is questionable, since he only overcomes his fear only because he recognized it was fake, later on Ezra is still scarred and fearful and still prone to temper tantrums, aggression and all of that. He borders on reckless and prone to anger filled assaults ever since that episode which is not Jedi. Now we're gonna get another Yoda chat with Ezra with I expect this chat to be like Yoda's pointless chats with Anakin, never amounted to much, Yoda was just as ignorant and blind as ever, and no disciplinary actions taken. With Ezra again we saw basically a crapshoot, heck give him the kyber and see how things turn out, sure that worked out so well for them already and at this stage in the game its a great time to gamble again not just with Ezra or the Jedi's future existence but the trillions of lives in the galaxy that depend on Jedi to save them as this what Jedi are supposed to do. Ezra is not made to resemble the padawan Ahoska on TCW, but more another unusual found child where the leading Jedi Council Master Yoda has to make yet another exception due to strange and dark events that transpired during dark and unusual times with yet another unorthodox and even questionable Jedi master taking an unusual and potentially dangerous older boy on his own accord(Jinn with Anakin now Kanan with Ezra) .

18. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What I'm saying is that taking them into Ilum's crystal caverns and sending them off on their own behind the freezing wall to hunt through the ice for their own special crystal isn't ultimately important to the introspective journey the Initiates are set upon. It's useful, but there are countless other ways to encourage them to look inward on their own flaws and ideas of self, including the older concept of merely meditating in a chamber of reflective ice as a Jedi fabricated their lightsaber. Which brings me to...

Ezra and Yoda's discussion―I think you do it a bit of an unfair disservice calling it a "short chat"―is similar in nature to the ideological challenges put before would-be religious converts. And really, that's what Ezra is and what differentiates him from the OJO Initiates: they were taken into all of this at such a young age, whereas Ezra is forced to learn a wholly new philosophy that is, by its nature, in conflict with the worldview he had already established for himself. To use the classic line, he's in the process of unlearning what he's already learned. And in the process, Yoda guides him through working out what that process really means to him.

Ezra is agitated and he does carry a good deal of emotional baggage. But the point of the discussion is that Yoda leads him down a path of self discovery. Like Vergere, Yoda's not there to give him the answers, he's there to ask the questions and coax the answers from within Ezra. Though he stumbles and says some questionable things initially, thinking off the the cuff as he so often does, as Yoda encourages him to parse back through his words and reconsider and refine the language he's using to define his thoughts and feelings, Ezra picks closer and closer to the inner truth that amounts to more than what he can clearly articulate―helping others and doing good enriches him at his core, gives him a feeling of truly living rather than just surviving. And that's just the sort of thing he wants to hear of a prospective Jedi. What anyone would want to hear of a prospective hero. It's the first step on a lifelong journey toward wisdom, not wisdom's final form, and thus there will be peaks and valleys, mistakes will be made, and so on. Because that's life, even for a Jedi.

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness I also hope that we're getting something at Celebration :)

jeremiahj13 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  20. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I guess it depends what your perception of "earned" is. Jedi grow by passing tests throughout their lives and becoming stronger and more self aware as Ezra is doing. Is Luke any less worthy of carrying a lightsaber because he didn't go through the traditional Jedi trials? After his battle with Vader he became more aware of himself, his limitations and the strength of the dark side. Just because something is tradition does not mean it is right and you could argue that it was the Jedi's inability to adapt that led to their downfall.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Luke is not same thing since TCW, Rebels, and the PT did not exist back then when the OT was made. Looking back at it with 20/20 hindsight cannot be done that way since all this new fiction has been added to SW and Lucas did not really care about continuity, but just because he did not care does not mean it did not effect and continues to effect the storyline nor what the new writers do that continue to effect the storyline either. Luke is still a different case since he actually failed on Dagobah, and he never stayed to complete his training - we do not know what Luke would've went through since he left without completing his training but we do know he would've been thoroughly trained by Jedi Master Yoda. His failure to obey and his own recklessness nearly cost him his own life on Bespin. If Luke fell to the Dark or died, they would've had to turn their focus to Leia. There was a price for Luke's failure, he lost his arm and he nearly killed himself rather than fall into Vader's hands or be turned to the Dark Side. it was a wreak, Luke was unprepared and survived by the skin of his teeth and primarily because Vader wanted him alive. In ROTJ he was still an unsure thing because of what Yoda said about him in ESB, and we saw him skirting a little bit towards the dark, but in the end there was nothing Yoda could do since Kenobi was dead since the DS, and Yoda was sick & dying by the time Luke decided to go back to Dagobah to continue and complete his Jedi training. Luke had all they could teach under the circumstances and what Luke left with to go face Vader the first time, was all or nothing by ROTJ. Luke was counting on turning Vader to the light before he reached the Emperor, where together they could defeat the Emperor or just flee, or if that failed he would've died onboard the DS II along with Vader and the Emperor. But Luke was pretty surprised Vader ordered the search for his rebel friends. Luke did try and prepare Leia, in case he did not make it back, so there was certainty. Luke did not defeat Vader or Sidious as a Jedi warrior or with the training he had got. Luke had used the Dark Side to defeat Vader, but quickly saw what he was becoming and that it was too late and he turned away a tossed his Lightsaber(something the PT Jedi would never of accepted). That was not how Yoda or Kenobi envisioned to face and defeat Vader and the Emperor. Luke was very adamant that he would not kill his own Vader and Kenobi could do not nothing but accept that the Emperor has already won. Luke and Ezra have different personalities, and Ezra gets away with far too much.

But again, the OT came before all these modern SW stories that fitted in or round the OT & often seek to imitate it with various degrees of success or competence .

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Can I just say I'm so psyched about my local public library picking up the entire series collection of TCW? I haven't bought the entire series collection given that other libraries nearby have had it, but this is the first time the one in the town I live in has gotten their hands on them. Get to rewatch my favorite episodes as often as I like on TV :)

23. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016

That's awesome! I only have a small library near me so I never thought to check for them. But I'm lucky to have asked and gotten the 5 season collection for christmas one year.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just made a screen capture for my latest profile avatar. I could never get enough of the expressions that Ahsoka gave during the series. This was particular one was from the "Heroes on Both Sides" episode when she joined Padme on a secret mission to plead with Lux's aunt in an attempt to convince her to plead with the Separatist senate to be open for peaceful negotiations.

earlchinna, Watto and DarthAnakin96 like this.
  25. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I have to say I'm also a fan of many of Ahsoka's expressions throughout the show.