main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I forget, which episode is that from? That the one where Obi-Wan gets "shot" and goes under cover?

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Yep, the name of the episode is "Deception".

3. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Can someone recommend me the novel "Son of Dathomir" ? Heard it handles the story of the unfinished arc of Darth Maul after "The Lawless". Sidious, Dooku and Grievous fight Maul and Mother Talzin.

Man, what of brilliant episodes they could have been...:/

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I definitely think their worth getting digitally because If you want to pay for the actually version it would cost a lot

5. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Yeah I can get them on Amazon for $10. :)

6. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Me personally I'd recommend it. It does start right after Maul is defeated by Sidious at Mandalore. Also seeing Maul duel Grievous for the first time, and Sidious/Dooku vs Talzin, I agree with you that the animated episodes could have been epic like the Mandalore arc!

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    One thing I must add, is that Son of Dathomir doesn't actually finish Maul's arc.

The ending of the comic is left on a cliffhanger, basically setting up a further TCW arc with Maul. The SOD arc is still enjoyable, having a lot of fun with the concepts involved, but it is left open-ended.

8. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Yeah I know. That's why he is in Rebels. Maybe and likely Maul's story will be finished there.

I got them now. Ahsoka's book will be great too.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Which order should I watch The Clone Wars. Chronologically or release order?

I have seen the series in release order, I just wonder how it feels to watch it chronologically.

11. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Watch it in Chronological Episode Order now. I am watching them now in this order and it's more intelligible, you understand everything better and why you shouldn't watch in the correct order?

You have the film and all seasons?

12. Welsh Hero

May 14, 2016

No. I did have 1 - 5 for a short while, but play all skipped the last episode on the disk so they where sent back. Season 6 isn't even on dvd here.

But I am tempted. I think they are on now tv

13. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    They are all on Netflix i believe. :)
    Not too sure if the movie is on there too though.

Welsh Hero likes this.
  14. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Yes, the film is there too. Here are all episodes listed chronologically on Netflix.

15. Welsh Hero

May 14, 2016
    Not on Netflix here unfortunately. On a service called Now Tv here. A streaming service I don't subscribe to

16. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
    TetsuAero and Neyo like this.
  17. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    What bothers me is that this never gets fixed in official releases. The episodes are still out of order on Blu Ray, iTunes, Amazon, and Netflix.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Yes, but that's how they are released. If you have them you can watch them in your favorite order anytime. Probably Disney don't want to rerelease them just with chronological order.

That won't be changed. Unfortunately we have to make this effort.

19. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    It's not my favorite order, it's the right order. If you tell someone to go watch TCW for the first time, but forget to tell them about the chronological order, I bet they'll be pretty confused when they see a character in Season 3 that died in Season 1.

20. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    I just wrote favorite because you can watch any episode you want. Yeah they will be confused as we all were, there's nothing to be done.

The producers have published it that way, we can be glad that the chronological order has been made available.

21. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Its pretty obvious for the reason that TCW is out of chronological order. Is that those episodes that precede past episodes chronologically didn't exist at the time and they went ahead to create episodes that were prequels to past episodes.

If I was a kid, I would be really confused.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Honestly, there are cases where watching in release order makes more sense than watching in chronological order. Sometimes things are genuinely wonky, but many of the prequel episodes were written with the knowledge that they would be prequels.

MandaloreRex2015, Neyo and AshiusX like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Namely The Hidden enemy and that one episode with trench which they made blatantly obvious that those episodes where in fact prequels to the movie.

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Not at all. I also find it interesting in hindsight that in 2014's Maul:Lockdown, they had Maul brutally fight and kill with his bare hands and horns a Yuuzhan Vong warrior(though not mentioned as to species) armed with an amphistaff(which Maul shoved down the Vong's throat) during his time in Cog Hive Seven.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Nice touch. Having the Vong in a story. Been quite a while.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vorax like this.