main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Urm it is on DVD, I know because I bought it on Amazon and have seen it previously in HMV !

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    That was an import though.

In HMV in the UK? Really? I think I need to check this out.

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Import or not it still plays on my DVD player

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    What HMV store was it in? I have never seen them in any I've been in but I'll hold out hope.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It was the London Oxford Street one

6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Ok I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever round that area.

7. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

You and me both. When it comes to my favorite shows, I prefer the feel of having my own physical copy that I can watch whenever I want. You don't need a netflix subscription to pop in a DVD or Blu-Ray in the associated player and binge.

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The Lost Missions resulted in me signing up for Netflix as well, I'm sure that was the case for countless other fans too. I wish Netflix would work with Disney / LFL to complete all the unaired episodes and truly wrap the series. I'd happily pay to see that happen.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not sure about Region-specific Blu-Rays, but game consoles like the PS4 have been known to not to be limited by any region codes.

10. DeltaRecon226

DeltaRecon226 Jedi Knight

Sep 20, 2012
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This other petition is the latest version of the same movement, it doesn't have as many supporters yet but it's fresher and has a very active online presence: https://www.change.org/p/finishthec...-wars-giving-the-show-the-closure-it-deserves

If you follow FinishTheCloneWars on Twitter, they not only tweet about the movement, but they have regular tweets about all different aspects revisiting and paying tribute to the show in various formats, it's cool to see that kind of ongoing support. Not sure where this will go but I'm happy to take part.

12. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

The Season 6 Blu Ray and DVD are both region free, I believe. It was officially released in Germany and the U.S., both versions should be okay on all players.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Thank you for posted that Sixes

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That's a classic

15. zilonline

zilonline Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    So hi guys, I just saw the Season 5 finale..:_| I have to say, haven't been this moved by TV a long time.. it was a long 5 seasons and this ending was all worth it, even though it's heartbreaking and bittersweet. Dave Filoni created a masterpiece here and I could literally rant on forever, especially following the emotions going all over right now.. what a beautiful and poignant ending to the series :( I just wish Episode VIII and perhaps XI would have similarly emotional moments that literally ask the big questions, about the Force, the Jedi and what is right and what is wrong. Thank you so much, Dave Filoni and George Lucas.

16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Try Rebels!

17. RemusPo

RemusPo Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2016

That's not the end of the series—you still have season six, as well as the Legacy content.

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. zilonline

Dec 21, 2015

Yes, I've got "The Lost Missions", but I always felt it was just like additional material, standalone episodes? I'm definitely going to have a look! What is the legacy content you refer to?

19. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    The Lost Missions was 13 episodes. 4 arcs. They were all finished animation.

The Legacy Content was/is a project that releases more unfinished stories.
    Unfinished animation was released that's a precursor to the finished animated product. They are available on Sw.com.
    An arc called the Crystal Crisis was released.
    Another arc called the Bad Batch was also released which features the return of Echo.

Also a comic was released called Son of Dathormir, that adapted another arc. This ties up the Maul storyline- though he comes back in rebels so not really- and Talzin.

A book called Dark Disciple was released that adapts two arcs. Thia features Quinlan Vos and Ventress.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I can't recommend the Lost Missions enough. There's an arc with Fives that gives some really cool insight into him and the entire clone program. Then there's a two-parter Mace Windu/Jar Jar buddy cop story that's actually pretty awesome. There's also a three-parter featuring the return of Clovis, which is worth it for a scene where Anakin kicks his ass.

The real gem, though, is the final arc which focuses on Yoda. It's heavy on the metaphysical aspects of the Force, and has some of the best animated segments of the entire show.

The two story reels are good as well, especially Crystal Crisis on Utapau, which has some the best interactions between Anakin and Obi-Wan in the entire series. As for Son of Dathomir and Dark DIsciple, those are hit or miss with people, but still worth looking into.

So just additional material? Yes, but it's some of the best the show had to offer, and you'd be doing yourself a disservice not to watch them.

21. zilonline

Dec 21, 2015
    I will definitely watch The Lost Missions, can't wait!

The feelings of this S5 ending have faded now a bit, a day later, but I still get teary eyed hearing the marvellous music accompaniment, which keeps haunting me. I was never really good with expressing emotions through words, so this blog entry https://clonecorridor.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/scene-it-ahsokas-departure/ says it better than I ever will.

I had just another thought, though.. of course the impact of the storyline is still big as ever and probably will never leave me. And The Clone Wars are undoubtedly (the better) part of the Prequel Trilogy era stories. Anakin's fall is justified, and the "dogmatic view of the Jedi" really revealed through these tales. The tables have turned a bit, Ahsoka and Anakin really exposed the Jedi's flaws, and by doing that - I feel at least - they've shown what a true Jedi must be. I think it even hit Yoda in a way, so that in the OT, he trains Luke a bit differently. Yes, the Jedi viewpoints are there, but the the principles were expanded a little.. by not forbidding attachment to his friends, whom Luke loves. And in a way, when you think about it, Anakin brought that sort of "balance", too.. to the Jedi Order and the way they see their code. It was just fulfilled by Luke at the end of RotJ. By saving his son, Anakin finally gets his wishes fulfilled, too. "One day I will learn how to stop people from dying." He did lose his mother, because he wasn't there soon enough and weak.. he lost his dear friend and Padawan Ahsoka, because of the flawed code of the Jedi. For fear of losing his wife, too.. he seeks help from the Dark Side and cuts all bonds from his previous life and loses his Master Obi-Wan, and his wife too. But in the end, when it really mattered again, he didn't lose his son. And that is just a beautiful, meaningful moment to think about.

(PS. I hope the Sequel Trilogy continues this somehow, through the teachings of Luke and perhaps Yoda's/Obi-Wan's Force Ghost.. to really tie the saga together in the lessons we have to learn about ourselves and accept both the Dark and Light side within us. Would be a wonderful end to the whole saga!)

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The musical accompanying is what really did me in as well.

I love how Ahsoka folds her arms when Windu says, "This was actually a test." She's like, "Um, are you kidding me?"

zilonline likes this.
  23. zilonline

Dec 21, 2015
    The music and the whole sequence is one of the most beautiful, memorable moments for me on TV and film, all-time. And that's sayin' a lot.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What I've said in the past is that you can almost hear the entire orchestral ensemble. I'd challenge any the viewers of any other television series - especially animated - to come up with a comparable piece to their favorite show.

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Challenge accepted.

Prelude to War, All along the Watchtower, An Easterly View from Battlestar Galactica. Plus various other moments that are instantly memorable.

The Lannisters send their regards from Game of Thrones.

Whatever they name the "How many seconds in eternity?" Moment track in the Doctor Who episode Heaven Sent. Plus again tonnes of tracks from Who.