main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There were some clones still serving in the military in the OT era, though not many. Presumably those were small children, infants, or even embryos during Order 66.

Darth Basin likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's already been confirmed that the baby clones in ROTS grew up and became Storm troopers as the last active duty clones in service. Read Smugglers Run.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The question is - were they the babies, or the Boba-age youngsters? Smuggler's Run leaves it vague when that clone was actually "born". I'd prefer them to be the babies - but I could see this being retconned.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As of now it would be the baby because he was said to look like he was in his 40s during ANH so that would put him at 19-20 bby or so, but they could always just completely retcon that.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know I'm not alone in realizing irony of the name (as it's pronounced) of the capital city on Onderon that the so-called "terrorists" were trying to recapture. My guess is that Saw won't be mentioning it in the new movie.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What's it called?

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The capital of Onderon is Iziz, you know, like ISIS. Sorta amusing.

Tbf the capital of Onderon has been called Iziz since 1993, before ISIS even existed.

But then there's also the Egyptian Goddess Isis...and Isis is the name of Catwoman's favorite cat on Batman: TAS.

Darth Basin likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah but this is is 2016, and one of the main characters in the new movie just happens to be from Onderon. I just don't think it would be a coincidence that they'd leave that detail out; or even change the name of the capital.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    ISIS or ISIL are acronyms for Islamic state or Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant . It would be a stretch to connect to Iziz I think. If the screen writer is some kinda anti-American communist or something and uses Saw as some kinda Fidel Castro type revolutionary, then perhaps a political connection . But it it would have to be really overt for the average audience to pick up on. I don't think Iziz is really very known outside of core TCW /SW fans or general audience. Watching TCW though, Iziz looked modeled on Rome, Greece and Egypt. I don't think the Muslim fanatic terrorists of ISIS would take very kindly to being connected to a pagan Egyptian goddess either. But who knows maybe you're right.

Imperial Clones and Imperial Kamino havent actually been explored in new canon, just teased here and there. If the First Order has the ability of choice to have implemented Clone troopers, then its feasible that tech was readily available to the Empire and Imperial remnants.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do wonder if Saw will Mention any Clone wars stuff.

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He might mention Ahsoka. Or his sister.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'd love for him to mention Ahsoka, but it would be a severe detriment to his character if he doesn't acknowledge his sister.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    A mention of his dead sister is a given, I would say.

14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Okay, just a random observation by me: In the episode The Wrong Jedi, there was at least two times the music was very similar to the score of the last Harry Potter movie. Like, eerily similar. Plagiarism or whatever. [face_dunno]

15. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Examples?

16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015

Around 2:10 into the episode, as the music builds up as it's transitioning to Anakin and Ahsoka before the trial, it sounds like 2:28 into this:

And when Anakin is interrogating Ventress here (1:47):

It sounds a lot like the beginning of this (0:14):

[​IMG]

Erkan12 and cwustudent like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Reminded more of this at 1:26

18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Yes, that's the one I meant. Couldn't find a clip of it.

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Why do you consider it plagiarism though? I think it's entirely possible Kiner took inspiration from other John Williams movies but to consider it plagiarism is a little too far. Now, if the whole arc was like that I would have agreed but I didn't notice it.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    That's actually not John Williams though, it's that Desplat guy. Maybe not plagiarism, but it seemed a bit too similar to be a coincidence. Not that I'm complaining, I love those soundtracks.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I absolutely love to find similar/identical musical cues in completely different movies whether it's accidental or not. I was so glad for that one person asking about the score at Celebration, If only people asked more about it rather than the same old questions, it would be refreshing.

MandaloreRex2015 and 11-4D like this.
  22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Also not the first time.

23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Any other examples you know of..? Or what are you referring to?

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    11-4D
    Kiner sampled Vampire Hunters (from Bram Stoker's Dracula). It features in two episodes, Downfall of a Droid and The Unknown.

Erkan12 and 11-4D like this.
  25. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Very interesting