main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Starwars is okay with killing bad guys

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes but one of the things that made TCW superior to Rebels is that sometimes the good guys died as well. Things happened that wouldn't be allowed in Rebels.

Making it with Rebel's censorship (and budget) would ruin the setting of the clone wars.

Your not going to ever see a show like that have a child get shot and die. Or see men with exposed faces die and see their bodies, etc. Nor would you see areas of galactic civilizations like Coruscant, etc

If Disney ever returns to the PT era with another show (fun idea would be a pre-AoTC one) or TCW allowed to be finished. They are going to have to use a bigger budget like what TCW had to show respect to that era and the war.

vncredleader likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe they will if the movies keep making bank. :p

Darkslayer and StarWarsFan91 like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I try not to compare the two series in that way (against the rules anyway in the forum); because I'd attest some of the most memorable TCW episodes did involve some pretty shocking deaths of established characters.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not that many though the only established characters that died were Satine and Fives

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Define "established character."

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    just an update on this. The Lawless Arc is coming first, I'm glad we won't have to wait for it.

8. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Just watching my Clone Wars Blu-ray boxset and im up 2 season 3 namely "The Citadel" prison arc...always gives me chills when Tarkin and Anakin talk...

Anakin Skywalker: You lack faith in the Jedi.
    Tarkin: I find their tactics ineffective. The Jedi Code prevents them from going far enough to achieve victory, to do whatever it takes to win. The very reason why peacekeepers should not be leading a war.
    [Anakin scowls at him]
    Tarkin: Have I... offended you?
    Anakin Skywalker: No. I've also found that we sometimes fall short of victory because of our methods.
    Tarkin: There. I see we agree on something.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    there's a quote by a certain character in the latest episode of Rebels which is very relevant to Tarkin's point of view. It's probably a callback to the arc.

10. DAH

Jan 7, 2017
  11. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I love this series more then I enjoyed TCW and Rebels believe it or not. The animation, voice acting, music and action scenes are just wonderfully done IMO.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A character who appears for more then one arc.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  13. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013

His middle daughter Katie was heavily involved as she wrote fifteen episodes of tcw including the nightsisters arc, the darth maul returns arc and jedi crash(one of the bettet season 1 episodes)

14. DAH

Jan 7, 2017
    No Advertising.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

[​IMG]

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    True. So that's 6
    Satine, Pre, Ono, Savage, Fives, Trench

While Rebels you could say has killed
    Aresko, Grint, Grand Inquistor, Tua, Fifth brother and Seventh Sister. That's 6

Although our emotional attachment to the clone wars characters was much more and they were not afraid to kill the good guys.

17. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Waxer kinda had an arc

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    There's also Tup, Tiplar (or Tiplee, whichever one was killed in SOD), Adi Gallia, Ziro the Hutt, Eeth Koth, Clovis, Ponds, Ventress, Talzin, Tarpals, Steela, Riff Tamson, and those are just some that appeared in multiple episodes or arcs.

19. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    When did Eeth Koth die?

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Citadel Rescue.

Edit: I meant Even Piell, not Eeth Koth

21. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    It's actually both of them. Tiplar died in the Order 66 Arc, Tiplee died in SOD.

22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I know, I was just going for characters who appeared multiple times. We didn't really get to know Tiplar much before she died in her first appearance.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought we were only talking about the good guys. We could go on and on if we're to include the deaths of established bad guys in TCW.

[​IMG]

24. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    I really need to start watching The Clone Wars and then move onto Rebels. I've tried several times but for one reason or another always stop at the start of Season 2. I wanna see Darth Maul.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The thing is that the ones you mention from The Clone Wars, Fett, are characters that appeared more than once and had an impact of some kind on us. I have never been the biggest clone fan, but it was painfully sad to see Fives die in season six. Fives had an amazing arc over the course of six season seasons.
    Trench - who I have as my number 3 most favorite character in the franchise - appeared in several arcs and died fighting. He was a brilliant villain to the end. There will never be another Trench.
    But if we are going to talk about The Clone Wars Legacy then let's not forget one of the most surprising hits from The Clone Wars - Ventress. She grew so much as a character over the course of the show and the book. The book has been out for a while now so I can say that she is killed off and I am sure she would have died in the show if it was not killed off before her.
    The Clone Wars really had guts when it came to killing characters. That goes double when it came to killing important characters.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.