main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
  2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think Rosario Dawson would do just fine. My first preference is Ashley of course though.

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Just noticed TCW will possibly be going off of netflix. Good thing I got my box set of it back from my friend recently. If they do infact take it off and aren't just going to rerelease it like some of you said I wonder if it would be because having it on netflix is affecting dvd sales?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I like it. It'll never happen, but if by some strange miracle it did, I'd be completely behind Dawson playing her. She's a great actress, who not only has the right look for the role, but a great voice—a major bonus for such a make-up/prosthetic heavy role—and both the experience and willingness to tackle an action-heavy role. Not to mention she's a huge fangirl who would genuinely enjoy portraying the character, which tends to win her some points from me.

Contessa and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  5. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    2.17 Bounty Hunters?

If you're a film fan you might like this Kurosawa homage that introduces an occasionally recurring Bounty Hunter.

I always forget about that episode for some reason, and it's one of my top 5 of all Clone War's......"after reading Darth-Badguy's list....DAH went straight to Blu-ray boxset, got Season 2 out and is sitting here excited to see Embo channel Raiden from Mortal Kombat (minus the lighting)......" ....thank you Darth-Badguy...thank you....

[​IMG]

DARTH-BADGUY likes this.
  6. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Watch all the episodes.

Snax Rebo and DAH like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree if you have the time watch each episode, but if you logically don't have time there are plenty of lists online of "skipable" episodes

Snax Rebo likes this.
  8. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    If he's going to die in a week or something, then yeah, don't watch them all.

9. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    I have seen them all....its just I love season's 3, 4, 5 and Lost Mission's.....as I have already stated, my friend kept going on at me to watch them...and I had seen the movie, which I hated if im honest and that put me off the series, however my friend kept insisting so I borrowed the blu-ray's off him, started watching season one and was extremeley bored, so i went online and seen that it starts getting really good from season 3, so I skipped teh 1st 2 season's and watched them from season 3, by the time I was half-way threw season 4, (umbara arc ) I ordered the box-set from amazon myself, the 1st season's animation just dosent cut it for me and the flow aswell as the 2nd season isnt as good as the later one's as there's too much filler in my opinion...that's all...I have since watched ALL episode's and apart from some (Cad Bane episode's, Bounty Hunter's Episode, Grievious/ Kitt Fisto episode and Boba Fett / Mace Windu Arc )...I still dont like the dawn of the series......much prefer it's sun-set...so much so that it's a great loss, it got cancelled.....the storyline's and animation was getting better and better and just kept on giving :_|

10. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I don't consider anything in a western cartoon to be "filler".

Vthuil, Alexrd and DAH like this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    This reminds me I have to continue my TCW rewatch, it's been a while since I saw an episode but unfortunately real life got in the way. Should be good to continue by this Thursday.

DAH likes this.
  12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And in their time of need, when the end was at hand. The divine Embo descended from the heavens to smite the sinners with his might hat
    (This OST goes really well with that picture [face_laugh])
    10:36

Embo Is The God Of The New World ^:)^[face_praying]

Jedi Knight Fett and DAH like this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's keep the focus on The Clone Wars.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Has anyone seen this? I need these episodes, now!

15. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    That scene really bothers me. Dooku spinning round the bounty hunters looks silly. Apart from that, great scene.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well, of course it looks silly, they hadn't finished animation :p

:)

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed. I think people forget what 'filler' means.

18. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    This is from the Dark Disciple arc, right?

19. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I think even with animation, that would look weird. How would Dooku be able to spin them around without them falling to the floor? Unless he's using the force.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  20. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    there's more

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Just finished dark disciple audiobook- sooo good. It would have easily been among the best story arcs the show put out.

-T

Zejo the Jedi, Watto and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    I think so, yeah.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  24. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    It is

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think this is physics, right? Boba and Latz each shot a whip cord at Dooku's arms to try to tie him up. So he starts spinning them on the cords via centripetal force as they fly outwards and he remains in the middle. Of course to garner enough strength to spin them he would call upon the Force.

And yes the animation and CG models look terrible in the story reels, especially for such a visual based action scene like this one. It's a shame we never got to see this one fully realized, and I'm curious how they subdue Dooku. If you read Dark Disciple you see Ventress coming back to Fett and crew after she encounters Vos, and they have Dooku wrapped up in webbing on the ground with Bossk pointing a gun at his head.

daniel brown likes this.